rick702

NVC Status = "At NVC" for 3-months now.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello,

Three months ago I received notification stating "The petition is waiting for an appointment to be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in YEREVAN, ARMENIA. When an interview appointment is scheduled, the petitioner, principal applicant, designated agent, and attorney of record (if applicable) will be notified". No action has been taken since. The embassy does not have the case or recognise the case number. The status on the NVC website simpily says "At NVC".

I've tried calling them, but every time I get a recording saying they are busy, try again later.

My attorney says "I seriously recommend that you contact your local congressman / senator (for your US address) and ask them to intervene on your case. Every politician has an immigration liaison.".

I'm at a loss. All I want to do is go home. I'm stuck here in Armenia with my wife and our twin sons (US Citizens) until she gets her visa. I've read seemingly a million threads, and nobody else seems to be having the same problem as me.

Desporate for a solution... suggestions?

Be persistent when calling. I started calling at 7am today, 20 calls got the busy signal, finally got the menu and then the call dropped. Then another 5 calls before I got the menu again. I've heard calling first thing or at the very end of the day is when you're most likely to get through without too much effort.

If after you talk with NVC and there's no help, I'd definitely be talking to your congressman. Immigration has to respond to them within a couple of days.

IR1 Visa

Service Center: CSC

Marriage: 2011/09/24

Baby girl: 2012/12/31

I-130 Sent: 2015/04/08 - USC filing from abroad

NOA 1: 2015/04/10

NOA 2: 2015/05/20 - 40 days!!

NVC Received: 2015/06/05

Case number assigned: 2015/06/17

Submitted DS-261: 2015/07/05

Paid AOS fee: 2015/07/10

Paid IV fee: 2015/07/27

Submitted via email AOS and IV packets: 2015/07/27

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Submitted DS-260: 2015/08/07

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Case Complete!! - 2015/09/22 - 110 days

Timeline

So they said our interview is scedguled for July 30th, and it was just scedguled yesterday. So almost another 2 months, then I can take my family home! All and all, this has been a rediculasly long process. When I started I was told 6-9 months. I started this process in January 2014, so if her visa is issued in the begining of Augest the whole process will have taken 1 year and 8 months. And I'm a natural born US Citizen with 2 citizen children with my Armenian wife.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yea my case has been close for 20 days now and they have mention the same old generic respond "case is being schedule at the consulate in XXXX country" .

This system is so screwed up where they cater to the illegals and leave the legal processing in the back burner.

Very frustrated......

I-130 Sent : 2014-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-12-14

I-130 Approved : 2015-01-12

NVC Received : 2015-02-21

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-23

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-02

Receive I-864 Package : 2015-04-14

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-15

Submit DS-261 : Completed (forgot date)

Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-09

Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-11

Send IV Package : 2015-04-15

Scanned Date NVC: 2015-04-16

CC 2015-05-15

:clock:

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Yeah, it's frustrating. I understand that it's the tourist season. But. Why should they get priority? I started this process a year and a half ago. Took 3-months to get an interview date that's 2 months after getting the date, so 5 months wait for an interview, that's absurd. Meanwhile, tourists can file and scedgule an interview online for next week. Seems a little backasswards.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I understand that it's the tourist season. But. Why should they get priority? I started this process a year and a half ago. Took 3-months to get an interview date that's 2 months after getting the date, so 5 months wait for an interview, that's absurd. Meanwhile, tourists can file and scedgule an interview online for next week. Seems a little backasswards.

My case is kind of similar to u. My scan date is 10th April and until now I'm waiting for my case to be reviewed. Called nvc many times all they says it's on process so wait!!!! I haven't found anyone in the visa journey forum who is waiting like me!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hi all! I'm a new here but I been reading most of your posts for a while. I've a question about sending the AOS and IV package. Do I have to Email them or can I send in the mail?

Thanks for the help in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all! I'm a new here but I been reading most of your posts for a while. I've a question about sending the AOS and IV package. Do I have to Email them or can I send in the mail?

Thanks for the help in advance

depends on the firt 3 digits of you nvc number. Here is the linkhttp://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Affidavit of support . I need help please

My wife and kids live overseas. I'm trying file i864 as sponsor for my wife's immigration case. My kids are U.S. Citizens (through me)kids don't have SS#. I don't claim my kids as dependent on my federal tax returns. My question on I864 part 5.HOUSEHOLD SIZE, questions 4, should I claim them as dependent?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

TRUST me my case took longer it has been 2 years and 4 months now so yahhh i am runing out of patience already ..2 months and no interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.