netz75

Are the CR2 visa cases need to complete Ds-260 online individualy

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I really confuse now, anybody knows the process of CR1 with CR2 cases I trucked in CEAC yesterday my CR1 case is ready but my two CR2 cases still at NVC, I was email to NVC about CR2 but nothing reply, I really want to know what Wrong of this issue before my interview in consulate. I really appreciate for more opinion that can help for this matter, thanks to everyone

Yes each CR2 case needed it's own petition, it's own AOS package, it's own IV package, it's own IV fee, and it's own DS-260.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Yes each CR2 case needed it's own petition, it's own AOS package, it's own IV package, it's own IV fee, and it's own DS-260.

Thank you so much I know now whats wrong about this issue because the attorney hired by my husband did not complete and file the Ds-260 online for my sons CR2's cases only for CR1 because he believed its covered in CR1 this really not good i think its can affect in my Interview.

Thank you so much I know now whats wrong about this issue because the attorney hired by my husband did not complete and file the Ds-260 online for my sons CR2's cases only for CR1 because he believed its covered in CR1 this really not good i think its can affect in my Interview.

It doesn't affect YOUR interview but will affect when the children have theirs because the children do not have case completes. Get that DS-260 done ASAP so their cases can be completed and get interview dates. At least your visa would be valid for 6 months after interview (or medical... it depends on the country) so you can stay in PI until they also get their visas.

I'm glad you know what the issue is now. I was concerned when you got an interview date but the children did not.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did the lawyer submit separate AOS and IV packages for your sons as well? Did you pay AOS and IV fees for each son? Because if he didn't, you should. Completing the ds260 won't be enough to get a "case complete".

It doesn't affect YOUR interview but will affect when the children have theirs because the children do not have case completes. Get that DS-260 done ASAP so their cases can be completed and get interview dates. At least your visa would be valid for 6 months after interview (or medical... it depends on the country) so you can stay in PI until they also get their visas.

I'm glad you know what the issue is now. I was concerned when you got an interview date but the children did not.

I was contact to the layer who filed but he replied me he was not permitted in CEAC to filed Ds-260 for my sons cases before. how to follow up this to NVC in my own i had AOS fee payment receipt details here for both sons cases but the payment status PAID BY RELATED CASE. The IV fee payment receipt details only for me nothing for sons, oh my its really takes a long time, its almost 6 month base in my CR1, do I change my immigrant visa application instead my sons accompany with me They will follow me in a later date. or i will cancel my interview to wait them cases completes? 'oh my God' this is a real journey. thank you NLR you help me a lot to clear in my mind whats happening in my sons cases.

Did the lawyer submit separate AOS and IV packages for your sons as well? Did you pay AOS and IV fees for each son? Because if he didn't, you should. Completing the ds260 won't be enough to get a "case complete".

The lawyer was email to me all receipt they had the AOS fee payment details both of them but the payment status-paid by related case, have no IV fee receipt for them, only for me, lawyer said sons are minors and they are derivative beneficiaries, its really made confusion in my mind that why i really search for this because i am set to take them to get their medical when i take my mine and its become useless if their cases will takes long to completes , i know my husband filed separates petition for them,

• 1 month later...

You only need to pay 1 AOS fee but you need to pay an IV fee for each individual.

They are already paid the AOS with my cr1 case their cases was affected in computer system trouble was not access the ceac only to pay the IV fees and complete the ds260 applications now they already paid in IV fees and completed the ds260 online and the supporting documents was already mailed to NVC unfortunately until now have no notice from NVC I had already my CR1 visa trying to wait what the outcome of my 2 sons cr2 visa cases

Edited by Ryan H

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When did NVC receive the AOS and IV packages? Without a timeline, hard to tell.

Why don't you call NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.