hopeful 4 XMas

Child Born overses to U.S. Citizen, Birth Certificate and Citizenship

8 posts in this topic

Ok first not sure where to post this thread so it will most likely be moved.

Situation; Please read carefully and do not make assumptions here, thanks.

I the U.S. citizen and Husband ( father to be) am a USG Employee, that is a Federal employee working for DoD, (Not active military and no not a contractor or contractors employee). Have applied for a position in a foreign country working for USG, DoD, and will be on assignment under Military Orders. (yes civilian federal employee's get orders while on assignment or taking a position, somewhere)

Wife is Filipino National came here under fiancée visa, and has temporary work / travel permit, waiting for permanent residence card.

We found out we are expecting ( :dancing::dancing: )

Now question is when we get offered the job our report date may be before the child is born, if so and it is in second trimester we will go and baby will be born outside of U.S. Now how does the US Citizenship and Birth certificate for our child happen.

Please keep responses to subject at hand, no thread high jacking. Yes I may sound rude, but this is serious we are looking for serious factual answers here, we want to make sure we know how this all works.

thanks

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

You will go to the local U.S. embassy in that country with your wife and baby and apply for the baby's crba, U.S. Passport, and U.S. Social security card all at one time . There's a form to fill out its just basic info on you guys sorry I don't remember what it's called but it will be on any country's u.s. Embassy website and you as the U.S. Citizen must prove that you have been in the U.S. For a total of 5 years two of those being after the age of 14 . Simple as that . And of course things like the baby's birth certificate will be needed etc .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Hi, my husband it's a U.S. citizen and our son was born in Argentina. In order to obtain his U.S. citizenship we had to make and appointment at the U.S. Embassy in BA and the procedure is called "Report of a birth abroad of a citizen of United States".

You will have to bring your us birth certificate, the baby's birth certificate ( issued by the local government where he was born). Marriage certificate and photos could be required too, as a proof of the pregnancy of your wife.

My advise is go online and check the US Embassy in the Country where you are going to work. And check the procedure of the "Report of a birth abroad..."

In our case it was an easy procedure, and our son has now double citizenship, American passport and SS number too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All this assumes he can pass on Citizenship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thanks everyone, it is a lot simpler than I though, I had I few things on USG sites and it was confusing as all get out.

Yes me proving that i lived in the US for than 5 years will be easy since I was born here and am former military and work for the USG, my computerized employment records with the USG can show that.

Btw, I did not mean to sound so rude in my question, but it seems like every time I come on one of these site there are people high jacking the thread with stuff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to the CRBA subforum of the US CItizenship forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thanks everyone, it is a lot simpler than I though, I had I few things on USG sites and it was confusing as all get out.

Yes me proving that i lived in the US for than 5 years will be easy since I was born here and am former military and work for the USG, my computerized employment records with the USG can show that.

Btw, I did not mean to sound so rude in my question, but it seems like every time I come on one of these site there are people high jacking the thread with stuff

Also carry your last 5 to 6 years of IT returns with original W2 and your social security earnings statement. Your passport with entry/exit stamps is also a good proof for proving physical presence. Somethings are embassy/consulate specific.

Plus they may also request a DNA test if they are not satisfied with the evidence provided. Again this is purely luck/consulate/circumstances.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.