jg121783

Mailing from US to Philippines

30 posts in this topic

I think that's a goid investment in your relationship. She will love it. Flowers is another way.

go with your heart and do what you think is best

I sent her flowers about a month ago and she loved it. It was a lot cheaper than sending flowers here in the US and the person I had deliver the flowers even took some video of her for me. If anyone wants more info send me a private message. I know some people might think I'm crazy but I am seriously considering rewriting my letter and sending it DHL. Their website says if I send it today it will be there by Monday so at least it will be quick for the price lol.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Well it may be in the PI by Monday, but may not be in her hands, depending on where the delivery address is. MM possible. Central Luzon possibly Tuesday. Other provinces I would add another 2-3 days.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

My wife sent me two letters from the Philippines via PhilPost. She sent them one month apart. They both arrived on the same day, which was about one month after she sent the second letter.

I used FedEx and never had any problems. DHL is good too.

Well I ended up using Fedex. DHL was more expensive than I thought. Fedex says the letter will be there by Monday. On the other hand it is 3 days later and the letter I sent through USPS hasn't even left my state yet according to the tracking. I think Fedex is the way to go in the future. For the price I have to make sure what I am sending is worth it though.

Well I ended up using Fedex. DHL was more expensive than I thought. Fedex says the letter will be there by Monday. On the other hand it is 3 days later and the letter I sent through USPS hasn't even left my state yet according to the tracking. I think Fedex is the way to go in the future. For the price I have to make sure what I am sending is worth it though.

That is the key part to consider is if the stuff you are sending is worth spending the money on it to ship it? When I would ship stuff like that it was usually included a bunch of little stuff like pictures, documents, and her engagement ring. It is the piece of mind that I like knowing that it will be there soon and not get lost in the mail.

I like DHL the best, but did send something by USPS with a guarantee delivery of 6 to 10 days. Will see what happens ;). Hope your letter arrives safely. Personally I like hand written letters, I feel it adds personal touch.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

These answers are not encourging. Maybe I will just come up with the $65 and rewrite the letter and send it Fedex. $65 is little much to send a letter but if I only do it a couple times that isn't too bad. Anyone use Fedex? Is it reasonably fast and reliable? This is not the reason that I wrote the letter but it is my understanding that a hand written and mailed letter is good evidence for an immigration interview. Is this true? Does anyone have any advice if she wanted to mail me something or should I just forget about that?

FedEX is fine, I have used it many times.

Writing a letter for the interview is a waste of time, paper, ink and "postage" . Pictures, copies of chat logs, emails, etc are a million times better, and you can email those as attachments. Only original document with signature needed from the petitioner is the I-134.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Well the letter I sent via Fedex arrived first thing Monday morning so I know that option is very reliable. I have been watching the tracking on the letter I sent via USPS and it didn't even leave the US until Monday. The strange thing is the tracking says it arrived in Manila yesterday then was sent to Japan for some reason and arrived there today. I'll have to wait and see what happens with that. Either something is messed up with the tracking or my letter is in the wrong country right now. :rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have experience using FedEx or DHL to ship to rural areas of a province. I know I will need to send the original I-134 to my Fiance when it is time. She lives in a rural area of Surigao del Norte. It was no problem for her to send a FedEx envelope to me, she went into a FedEx office in Surigao.

Does anyone have experience using FedEx or DHL to ship to rural areas of a province. I know I will need to send the original I-134 to my Fiance when it is time. She lives in a rural area of Surigao del Norte. It was no problem for her to send a FedEx envelope to me, she went into a FedEx office in Surigao.

As the OP stated he sent FedEx to his GF(?) and she received in a province. So, I would imagine your gal should get her's if you were to do the same. FedEx get's the package to Phil and another carrier, licensed by FE will deliver. Call FedEx if in doubt.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hey Danlrob my asawa is from Compostela Valley Province in Mindanao up in the mountains. I used to ship using DHL to her all the time. She would usually have to pay a delivery fee if she got it delivered to her and might have had to wait a few days depending on when they would be in her area, but she would always get a call when the local office got it and wither or not she wanted it delivered or she would pick it up in Davao. My guess it would be like that as well since Surigao is the main city there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For what its worth, four letters sent as experiments. Two post cards. Two letters inside envelopes. One post card made it.

As an experiment I tried sending registered mail from the Philippines to the US too. It never made it past the hands of the office I gave it to.

For what its worth, four letters sent as experiments. Two post cards. Two letters inside envelopes. One post card made it.

As an experiment I tried sending registered mail from the Philippines to the US too. It never made it past the hands of the office I gave it to.

Well I guess that answers my other question. My girlfriend said she wants to send me a letter and she thinks if she sends it registered mail it will make it. I have a feeling it might not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.