selask

withdrawal by pettitioner

52 posts in this topic

did you just say you already have the conditional work permit or conditional green card? either way, I think you can do self-petition. But of course, you have to work first to be able to support your application. check some links for self-petitioning.

I would appreciate if somebody could please do themselves a favour and stop giving false info and " I think "answers if they have absolutely NO idea whatsoever they are talking about.

His EAD is invalid the moment i485 is denied / withdrew.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it wouldn't hurt to check about the self petition thing since you're running out of options. I personally know someone who underwent the same thing. Hers was pulled out too by her husband and she got her EAD as well. She is now undergoing self-petition. Check USCIS, like I said, it wouldn't hurt and you're running out of options here.

it wouldn't hurt to check about the self petition thing since you're running out of options. I personally know someone who underwent the same thing. Hers was pulled out too by her husband and she got her EAD as well. She is now undergoing self-petition. Check USCIS, like I said, it wouldn't hurt and you're running out of options here.

Personally know someone?

Can you list out precisely how your friend self-petition for a Green Card or EAD?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Personally know someone?

Can you list out precisely how your friend self-petition for a Green Card or EAD?

I was just gonna write the same thing Another piece of "a friend of mine" story. Ha!

Timeline

hahahha! why are you fighting with me? like i said, it wouldn't hurt if he'll check on USCIS because he's running out of options. It is not a crime to check it out. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A noncontributory post has been removed. Don't let bickering start.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

she self petitioned herself because she was an abused wife. I don't know he's situation but my friend was abused by her husband and they divorced and she self-petition yourself. i know you've done all the processes but that doesn't mean you know all the insides of the green card application plus it is a case to case basis.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

He would have to fulfill the requirements:

Individuals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, (E11)

Individuals who were granted a National Interest Waiver (NIW), (E21)

Not a lot of people do.

she self petitioned herself because she was an abused wife. I don't know he's situation but my friend was abused by her husband and they divorced and she self-petition yourself. i know you've done all the processes but that doesn't mean you know all the insides of the green card application plus it is a case to case basis.

She got a green card through VAWA because she was abused.

Timeline

He would have to fulfill the requirements:

Individuals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, (E11)

Individuals who were granted a National Interest Waiver (NIW), (E21)

Not a lot of people do.

She got a green card through VAWA because she was abused.

yup that's it. that is why i am saying, i don't know his situation but if it applies to him, why not try? if it will not apply to him, then maybe its time for him to go home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He might have mentioned if he was a Nobel prize winner?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

yup that's it. that is why i am saying, i don't know his situation but if it applies to him, why not try? if it will not apply to him, then maybe its time for him to go home.

Yes self petition is possible depending on circumstances.

OP didn't provide enough information.

Did you guys miss the wording extraordinary? He has to be THE BEST scientist etc to qualify. It is really hard to self petition for a GC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.