CD2015

Proof of relationship question

10 posts in this topic

Hi there!

We just got engaged on Sunday!!! Yayyyyy!! So now time to get our K1 finalised and submitted!

We are working on our proof of relationship. Just wondering if it matters than I'm (the beneficiary) have more proofs of me going there/travellin there/screenshots from my phone log/facebook that my fiance does (the petitioner)?

I'm in Canada and he's in the US and we see each other every weekend (with the exception of 1 weekend every 2-4 months that we have other commitments). He drives to Canada and has an enhanced drivers license and hardly pays anything with credit card.. whereas I catch the bus there and use my passport..

So for evidence: I have all of my bus tickets, 1 hotel stay receipt (when my parents came with me to meet him), pictures of us with each others' family and in landmark places, we have his EZpass log that shows he went on the rainbow bridge to cross the border, I have screenshots of my facetime log (if you guys know a way to get a facetime log, please let us know) as his phone doesn't have a lot of them whereas my ipad actually kept track of these, I have screenshots of our first facebook chats (it's from my account as I'm gathering the info as I have more time than he does!) Does that make any difference if it's from his facebook or mine??

Your advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process from K1
20th November 2015: Filed AOS paperwork along with Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and Advanced Parole (AP) requests.

29th November 2015: electronic notifications (Email and text x3)

25th November 2015: NOA1 (date they received)
17th December 2015: early walk in biometrics appointment. (letter date: December 21).

29th December 2015: Case ready to be scheduled for interview
8th February 2016: Completed service request for EAD via USCIS phone call
16th February 2016:Checked online and EAD was approved (Date approved February 12th).

19th February 2016- Card has been mailed

20th February 2016- Card delivered

Current status: Waiting for AOS interview to be scheduled!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, I sent about 20 photographs (instagram and not from instagram), airline tickets that I had to travel to my boyfriend and tickets that I traveled with my boyfriend. Also, 1 screenshot of 10 hour conversation that we have (in description I wrote that we talk like this everyday, which is true because we sleep and eat over skype)

So, I think pictures, EZpass logs, screenshots, and hotel receipts will work. Make sure you'll write a description of each item (for your sake and their sake)

And congratulations!

P.S. and I don't think it makes a difference from whos account was it as long as it is evidence that you two are in the serious relationship :)

Edited by ambrolla

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Pictures and evidence showing you two together is much more important than proof of on going relationship (chat logs etc), we used boarding passes, baggage claims, train tickets, hotel recipes etc and some photos of us together but also with both friends and family.

I will bring chatlogs, letters, boarding pass, emails between me and his family and photos to my interview as proof of on going relationship.

We probably sent too much evidence but I don't see why not as long as it shows something and have a variety of timelines etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent no pictures and only boarding passes passports stamps, and reciepts. Pictures oddly enough are considered secondary over those things. No problems here. Just don't forget to include a statement how you met, it's not an essay on your relationship, just a few simple lines about how you met. Also a signed letter of intent to marry from each of you. Those two things seem to be the biggest things people leave out.

Proof of having met within the last 2 years is what they want, not proof of ongoing relationship.

I sent copies of boarding passes, passport stamps and a couple of pictures of us together.

You are definitely sending way more than enough.

Edited by Jose&Eli

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Since I have bus tickets for every other week for the past 10 months, would it be ok to send only like 10 return bus tickets then?

20th November 2015: Filed AOS paperwork along with Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and Advanced Parole (AP) requests.

17th December 2015: early walk in biometrics appointment. (letter date: December 21).

16th February 2016:Checked online and EAD was approved (Date approved February 12th).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Since I have bus tickets for every other week for the past 10 months, would it be ok to send only like 10 return bus tickets then?

I think 10 would be more than enough.

And about him having less proof of travelling to visit you... My fiance has only visited twice for Christmas and that was not an issue during the visa interview.

My interview was last May 4th at Montreal, I and my fiancé traveled on May 1st with all our papers and documents as well as a LOT of proof of relationship.. He is from Michigan and I am from Windsor, so basically we see each other every weekends except when work calls.. Anyways, we were over prepare! Lots of pictures, hotel receipts, credit card bills, chat logs, snapshots of calls,FaceTime, engagement ring receipts, letter from church that we are both regular attendees,

To make the story short, he was allowed to enter the embassy with me and the IO ended up interviewing both of us, the only thing he asked was his passport and since when he was in Canada, after a few basic questions and one tricky question, I am approved!!! Without him asking any proof of relationship! ?

My interview was last May 4th at Montreal, I and my fiancé traveled on May 1st with all our papers and documents as well as a LOT of proof of relationship.. He is from Michigan and I am from Windsor, so basically we see each other every weekends except when work calls.. Anyways, we were over prepare! Lots of pictures, hotel receipts, credit card bills, chat logs, snapshots of calls,FaceTime, engagement ring receipts, letter from church that we are both regular attendees,

To make the story short, he was allowed to enter the embassy with me and the IO ended up interviewing both of us, the only thing he asked was his passport and since when he was in Canada, after a few basic questions and one tricky question, I am approved!!! Without him asking any proof of relationship! ?

That's wonderful! Congrats!! Seems like you were/are in the same boat as us with a crossborder relationship!! I'll make sure we ask for a letter from the church too!

That was actually what I was wondering about is whether he could come with me to the interview!! May I ask what the tricky question was?

Also how are you planning your wedding with the 90 days etc... We were thinking that we would figure out venue after the NOA2 gets approved and book for 4-5 months after that? Would love to hear about your plans!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.