Boiler

Islamist gun men attack Dallas art event

339 posts in this topic

You are incorrect. Remember, you said this:

No such thing. You are either a good Muslim, a good Christian or you are a faker attempting to oppress others by using a religion you don't believe in.

First, to claim that if you're not a "good Christian" (whatever that is) or you're a faker attempting to oppress others is nonsense.

A good Christian is one who walks in the ways of Jesus. You are confusing being a good Christian and being a good person.

Second, you keep using the word "good". Don't you remember that guy, Jesus, who talked about nobody being good except God? The point being that we are all not very good, that's why we need forgiveness. Christians are not, in any way, better than other people, I think we've proven that many times. And I have no idea what you mean by "walks in the ways of Jesus" - does that mean walks on water or something? I try to be the best person I can, but honestly, I'm not that good. I know plenty of people, including many atheists, who are much better people than me. Whether I'm good or not has no bearing on how much of a Christian I am. How does being a Christian get measured? Remember, we are saved by faith, not because of who we are - remember Paul talking about this - so that none may boast. If we Christians start dividing ourselves into the good ones and the bad ones; or the real ones and the fakers, then I don't think we really understand the message.

Here's the main problem, our acts, whether good or bad, have no bearing in measuring our Christianity. Do you honestly believe that you can sit and judge somebody else and decide if they are a real Christian or not? Are you the one who now gets to decide if someone's behavior is so bad that they are barred from heaven, despite their professed belief in Jesus? I've heard others say the same things many times on other occasions. I've heard people talk about how sinful homosexuals are; how their behavior is so bad they are barred from heaven, their belief in Jesus is irrelevant, that's how sinful they are. I definitely know I am in no position to judge anybody else; what about you? I prefer to just try to live my life and leave all that judgement stuff to God.

ETA: And now I'm through discussing theology.

Edited by B_J

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

muslimsuncensored.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You are incorrect. Remember, you said this:

First, to claim that if you're not a "good Christian" (whatever that is) or you're a faker attempting to oppress others is nonsense.

Second, you keep using the word "good". Don't you remember that guy, Jesus, who talked about nobody being good except God? The point being that we are all not very good, that's why we need forgiveness. Christians are not, in any way, better than other people, I think we've proven that many times. And I have no idea what you mean by "walks in the ways of Jesus" - does that mean walks on water or something? I try to be the best person I can, but honestly, I'm not that good. I know plenty of people, including many atheists, who are much better people than me. Whether I'm good or not has no bearing on how much of a Christian I am. How does being a Christian get measured? Remember, we are saved by faith, not because of who we are - remember Paul talking about this - so that none may boast. If we Christians start dividing ourselves into the good ones and the bad ones; or the real ones and the fakers, then I don't think we really understand the message.

Here's the main problem, our acts, whether good or bad, have no bearing in measuring our Christianity. Do you honestly believe that you can sit and judge somebody else and decide if they are a real Christian or not? Are you the one who now gets to decide if someone's behavior is so bad that they are barred from heaven, despite their professed belief in Jesus? I've heard others say the same things many times on other occasions. I've heard people talk about how sinful homosexuals are; how their behavior is so bad they are barred from heaven, their belief in Jesus is irrelevant, that's how sinful they are. I definitely know I am in no position to judge anybody else; what about you? I prefer to just try to live my life and leave all that judgement stuff to God.

Let me know if you have any questions.

So when people use religion in improper ways, what is it they are trying to accomplish?

1 John 2:6

New International Version

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

New Living Translation

Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.

English Standard Version

whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

New American Standard Bible

the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

King James Bible

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Not judging at all, but based off of one's actions you should be able to identify if that person is attempting to be Christ like.

Philippians 1:27

New International Version

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

New Living Translation

Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ. Then, whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News.

English Standard Version

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,

New American Standard Bible

Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

King James Bible

Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Edited by Janelle2002

So when people use religion in improper ways, what is it they are trying to accomplish?

If you want to know why somebody does something, you should ask that person.

I really am not interested in discussing theology anymore. Your thoughts about how to tell if somebody is good enough to fit your definition of a real Christian are best directed to your Pastor. I hope you find the answers to your questions.

If you want to know why somebody does something, you should ask that person.

I really am not interested in discussing theology anymore. Your thoughts about how to tell if somebody is good enough to fit your definition of a real Christian are best directed to your Pastor. I hope you find the answers to your questions.

Using a popular trend or item to oppress or persuade individuals to act a certain way has been around for centuries.

When you are misinforming people, you seek to misguide them.

Sorry we aren't seeing eye to eye on this.

Apparently. I must be missing out of a lot. I think LIb is a bit upset he couldn't be at this event. If he was there and the shooting went down, I'm pretty sure he'd be on here calling me a Jihadist and all sorts of Islamic based slurs.

That is, after he went home and blew through a whole bottle of Jergens...

Hold on a minute. Hold on one dog gone minute! Now I just realized why you went to Hawaii. You were tipped off way in advance and you didn't even live in Texas. It's all so clear now.

I simply don't get how the people who buy into the fear of Islam/Muslims can't wrap their heads around the sheer number of Muslims both in the US and the world, and realize that the sheer numbers alone versus actual Radical Islamic Terrorist attacks such as the one in Texas can only be explained by the obvious fact that the Radicals are a very small minority. There is no logical way to even debate that fact. If they were mainstream it would be a blood bath in the streets.

It is debatable how much Radical Muslims are truly Muslims. Certainly they believe that they are. Certainly they claim that they are. Certainly they use Muslim terminology and symbols. But even if one considers them Muslims, they are the equivalent to abortion doctor murdering Christian Zealots.

They are not mainstream Muslims.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

tstweet11-e1430741700668.jpg?quality=65&

Posted before the attack ... How many folks did they send it to ?

I didn't get the tweet so perhaps it was just sent to you?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

Hold on a minute. Hold on one dog gone minute! Now I just realized why you went to Hawaii. You were tipped off way in advance and you didn't even live in Texas. It's all so clear now.

I simply don't get how the people who buy into the fear of Islam/Muslims can't wrap their heads around the sheer number of Muslims both in the US and the world, and realize that the sheer numbers alone versus actual Radical Islamic Terrorist attacks such as the one in Texas can only be explained by the obvious fact that the Radicals are a very small minority. There is no logical way to even debate that fact. If they were mainstream it would be a blood bath in the streets.

It is debatable how much Radical Muslims are truly Muslims. Certainly they believe that they are. Certainly they claim that they are. Certainly they use Muslim terminology and symbols. But even if one considers them Muslims, they are the equivalent to abortion doctor murdering Christian Zealots.

They are not mainstream Muslims.

I am more familiar with the UK situation in a survey after Charlie Hebo 28% of Muslims supported the terrorists.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am more familiar with the UK situation in a survey after Charlie Hebo 28% of Muslims supported the terrorists.

You must know a lot of Muslims then to say that.

I read the stories about that too - depending on what you read the figure fluctuates between 25 and 27%. 28% is a new one, but sure why not - the higher the number the more it reinforces a sensationalist claim.

Quantitative surveys are pretty useless tools identifying people's attitudes in anything more than an extremely general degree. They sure make for sensational headlines though.

Timeline

http://www.comres.co.uk/polls/bbc-radio-4-today-muslim-poll/

Read BBC and they are well known for Islamic sympathy.

http://www.comres.co.uk/polls/bbc-radio-4-today-muslim-poll/

Read BBC and they are well known for Islamic sympathy.

If you phrase the question just right I could give a response that appears to support the creation of the 3rd Reich. That doesn't mean that I would have jumped in on the wholesale murder of Jews, Gypsies and other undesirable people the Nazis incorrectly blamed for the downfall of Germany following WWI. Nor supported their attempt to subjugate a significant portion of the globe.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

Even the most abase apologists have never suggested there is not wide spread support in the Muslim community for this view.