Boiler

Islamist gun men attack Dallas art event

339 posts in this topic

Hold on a minute. Hold on one dog gone minute! Now I just realized why you went to Hawaii. You were tipped off way in advance and you didn't even live in Texas. It's all so clear now.

I simply don't get how the people who buy into the fear of Islam/Muslims can't wrap their heads around the sheer number of Muslims both in the US and the world, and realize that the sheer numbers alone versus actual Radical Islamic Terrorist attacks such as the one in Texas can only be explained by the obvious fact that the Radicals are a very small minority. There is no logical way to even debate that fact. If they were mainstream it would be a blood bath in the streets.

It is debatable how much Radical Muslims are truly Muslims. Certainly they believe that they are. Certainly they claim that they are. Certainly they use Muslim terminology and symbols. But even if one considers them Muslims, they are the equivalent to abortion doctor murdering Christian Zealots.

They are not mainstream Muslims.

Pretty much.

You don't like muslims. If it wasn't clear already, it is now.

It's been clear for quite some time now....

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think there's any doubt that some Muslims support extremism, but I'm not sure anyone can claim that on the basis of a response to a vaguely worded survey questions.

Its like asking someone to describe their political beliefs in one word. It's so limited as to be meaningless.

Hold on a minute. Hold on one dog gone minute! Now I just realized why you went to Hawaii. You were tipped off way in advance and you didn't even live in Texas. It's all so clear now.

I simply don't get how the people who buy into the fear of Islam/Muslims can't wrap their heads around the sheer number of Muslims both in the US and the world, and realize that the sheer numbers alone versus actual Radical Islamic Terrorist attacks such as the one in Texas can only be explained by the obvious fact that the Radicals are a very small minority. There is no logical way to even debate that fact. If they were mainstream it would be a blood bath in the streets.

It is debatable how much Radical Muslims are truly Muslims. Certainly they believe that they are. Certainly they claim that they are. Certainly they use Muslim terminology and symbols. But even if one considers them Muslims, they are the equivalent to abortion doctor murdering Christian Zealots.

They are not mainstream Muslims.

Only problem is the minority is still millions of violent nut jobs world wide

Only problem is the minority is still millions of violent nut jobs world wide

I've asked for this a few times. What millions?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Is that really the only problem? Is not marginalising people en masse on the basis of their religious belief also a problem?

First, NB's claim of millions is misleading. If there were millions of violent crazy nut jobs that were trying to kill us,there would be way more violence here in the US. But in the last 20 years, NB tends to ignore that if you add up 9/11 and every single murder committed by someone claiming to be a Muslim, the number is sitting around 4800. And that's over a 20 year time period. And that's a problem. But when you lose 35,000 people give or take a year to gun violence, makes you wonder where the disconnect is...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You don't like muslims. If it wasn't clear already, it is now.

I do not like totalitarian belief systems, especially those that believe it is OK to kill somebody because you do not like their cartoons.

Call me old fashioned I suppose.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I do not like totalitarian belief systems, especially those that believe it is OK to kill somebody because you do not like their cartoons.

You do realized that a lot of Muslims don't believe in this right?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's hard to make a claim like that stick unless you are prepared to say that all Muslims are fascist extremists. Are you prepared to do that?

Timeline

You do realized that a lot of Muslims don't believe in this right?

Of course not.

But there is a significant number who are, and a bigger number that offer tacit support.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Of course not.

But there is a significant number who are, and a bigger number that offer tacit support.

And how many would you consider a significant number? Here in the US, there are 6.67 million Muslims. How many Muslims here go on killing sprees?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

More familiar with the UK situation than the US one, I imagine the US one in percentage terms is not so bad due to historical immigration patterns.

Things are getting pretty bad in UK and Europe, sadly I think this is just the start.

More familiar with the UK situation than the US one, I imagine the US one in percentage terms is not so bad due to historical immigration patterns.

Things are getting pretty bad in UK and Europe, sadly I think this is just the start.

While there are problems everywhere my strong suspicion of your opinion in regards to how bad the Muslim 'problem' is in Europe is the outcome of too much information coming from Pamela Gellar and the RWN blogosphere.

Islamic Extremism is a very real issue. It is not however exclusively a problem for non-Muslims. In fact the reality is that they are even more of a problem to Muslims, made worse by the deliberate misinformation of the kind dished out daily by Gellar and company. The kind of disinformation that seeks to lump all Muslims as a single like minded group that wants to convert or kill everyone not currently a practitioner or believer in Islam.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline

While there are problems everywhere my strong suspicion of your opinion in regards to how bad the Muslim 'problem' is in Europe is the outcome of too much information coming from Pamela Gellar and the RWN blogosphere.

Islamic Extremism is a very real issue. It is not however exclusively a problem for non-Muslims. In fact the reality is that they are even more of a problem to Muslims, made worse by the deliberate misinformation of the kind dished out daily by Gellar and company. The kind of disinformation that seeks to lump all Muslims as a single like minded group that wants to convert or kill everyone not currently a practitioner or believer in Islam.

The little fact most forgotten on the issue of Islamic Extremism in the RWNJ sphere is that the vast majority of victims of this extremism are indeed followers of the Islamic faith. If the goal is to hit those that do not follow that faith, then the extremists are most certainly doing it wrong.