Boiler

Islamist gun men attack Dallas art event

339 posts in this topic

I like cars and lots of people are killed in cars so obviously I support people being killed in cars.

Does this line of thinking ever go anywhere? Let's ban everything but guns... :rolleyes:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why provoke a religion that doesn't want their prophet to be in any type of drawing?

Ok...there is freedom of speech and people shouldn't be firing bullets if they don't like something,

but in reality when you provoke someone's religion (extreme or not) ,

emotions will boil and such deadly outcome can occur.

Basically we have two sides that are ignorant...and it resulted in two death...

"I don't condone rape but look at how she is dressed, she was asking for it!"

These people were enjoying their rights to be idiots - they should be able to do that. This is not two sides with an equal argument. This is one side expressing their view point peacefully and legally and the other side committing violence to try and silence those view points and take away that right.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Piss Christ received taxpayer funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.The controversial Andres Serrano work is just a photo of a crucifix soaking in the "artist's" urine. Somehow, it's considered "art"

Liberals were fine with that "art".. And fine the taxpayers funded it.

I'm impressed he got someone to pay for it. I bet he got a "C" for it in art class though.

I'm wondering if I bought 100 mason jars, some Mountain Dew, and some crosses... Could I get good money for these on Etsy? I can't call it piss chirst - its a copyright violation and false advertising.. maybe "Dewin Jesus"

"I don't condone rape but look at how she is dressed, she was asking for it!"

These people were enjoying their rights to be idiots - they should be able to do that. This is not two sides with an equal argument. This is one side expressing their view point peacefully and legally and the other side committing violence to try and silence those view points and take away that right.

What other side are you talking about? Garland has a Muslim population of 100,000. Not one of them showed up to this event. They didn't protest, they didn't cry about the prophet being disrespected. They stayed away and let those folks enjoy their rights to bigots. The nutjobs that showed up came from two states over. They aren't even from the community, yet you're lumping them in because they claim to be Muslims.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Interesting so they are apostates?

Dead either way.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Interesting so they are apostates?

Dead either way.

My point(that you missed) is that the Muslim community shouldn't be represented by the actions of those two. If that's the case, then gun owners should be judged by the crazies that go on murder sprees.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Were they Muslims or not?

You said they were not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Were they Muslims or not?

You said they were not.

They tried to commit murder. That makes them killers, not Muslims.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

So they were apostates?

Timeline

What other side are you talking about? Garland has a Muslim population of 100,000. Not one of them showed up to this event. They didn't protest, they didn't cry about the prophet being disrespected. They stayed away and let those folks enjoy their rights to bigots. The nutjobs that showed up came from two states over. They aren't even from the community, yet you're lumping them in because they claim to be Muslims.

From the post I quoted

"Basically we have two sides that are ignorant...and it resulted in two death..."

Do you really need that clarification?

Side 1: Those that were participating in the event. They did nothing wrong.

Side 2: Those that shot them for participating in the event. They did something wrong.

Edited by OnMyWayID

Filed: Timeline

I'd say that these two are as much Muslims as Scott Roeder is a Christian. As long as we don't hold all Christians responsible for the murder committed by Scott Roeder, we should not hold all Muslims responsible for the murders these two dildos attempted to commit.

The post I quoted

"Basically we have two sides that are ignorant...and it resulted in two death..."

Do you really need that clarification?

Side 1: Those that were participating in the event. They did nothing wrong.

Side 2: Those that shot them for participating in the event. They did something wrong.

The folks that shot at them aren't the other side. They're by themselves. That was my point.

I'd say that these two are as much Muslims as Scott Roeder is a Christian. As long as we don't hold all Christians responsible for the murder committed by Scott Roeder, we should not hold all Muslims responsible for the murders these two dildos attempted to commit.

Don't know why it's so hard for people to figure this out.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

The folks that shot at them aren't the other side. They're by themselves. That was my point.

What point? Where did I ever even remotely to link the gunman to any group whatsoever? You read what I wrote and inserted your own bias and made a point against something you imagined.. Please go back an reread and show me where I said or implied anything of the sort.

Again:

Group one had every right to do what they were doing

Group two had no right to shoot them for it - be they nazis, goldfish, jews, muslims, or the followers of the comet Hail-Bop.

People implying that Group one has any culpability because what they were doing offended somebodies religious beliefs is BS - that was the point of my original post. That is the valid point to argue.

It's not hard, it just pains them to admit that they're wrong.

Please.. Show me were I was wrong..

Filed: Timeline

What point? Where did I ever even remotely to link the gunman to any group whatsoever? You read what I wrote and inserted your own bias and made a point against something you imagined.. Please go back an reread and show me where I said or implied anything of the sort.

Again:

Group one had every right to do what they were doing

Group two had no right to shoot them for it - be they nazis, goldfish, jews, muslims, or the followers of the comet Hail-Bop.

People implying that Group one has any culpability because what they were doing offended somebodies religious beliefs is BS - that was the point of my original post. That is the valid point to argue.

Please.. Show me were I was wrong..

Please... Show me where I was talking about you..