METUTONI

can I apply for a visiting visa after spouse withdrew I-130

11 posts in this topic

I and my spouse got married in lagos,two months after court wedding she petition me for I-130.5 to 6 months later she threatened to withdraw petition,which she withdrew before approval.we got receipt for filing petition then.her reasons for withdrawal was that I can't take care of she and her 3kids while I am in nigeria.that she needs to go back to her x husband and that she thinks I have a new baby also.

Now she is pregnant for the xhusband and for almost one year now the is no communication between us.I suggested divorce and she agrees to it but she said I can do the proceedings of divorce in nigeria becos its xpensive in the usa becos its out of jurisdiction.I need the divorce badly now.

The issue now is where I work(entertainment industry),there is an award ceremony in the usa in october this year and I am invited to receive the award and I have to go to usa for this award.

What is my fate now? Would embassy in lagos give me visa to attend ceremony? Will the withdrawal without divorce or annulment cause me visa rejection in subsequent application in usa embassy in nigeria? Do I need to fill married to her in my visa application document? Pls reply me.I need help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would speculate an approximate 0% chance of getting a visitor/tourist visa.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You just joined today and your profile says you are applying for a spousal visa. Unless you can do a much better job at keeping things straight with the consulate in Lagos you have very little chance of a visa. They will see your I130 on your records and will probably want proof of the divorce before considering you. It would seem to that you are just trying to be slippery about avoiding the I130 process.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Do keep in mind this isn't the embassies first rodeo.

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I and my spouse got married in lagos,two months after court wedding she petition me for I-130.5 to 6 months later she threatened to withdraw petition,which she withdrew before approval.we got receipt for filing petition then.her reasons for withdrawal was that I can't take care of she and her 3kids while I am in nigeria.that she needs to go back to her x husband and that she thinks I have a new baby also.

Now she is pregnant for the xhusband and for almost one year now the is no communication between us.I suggested divorce and she agrees to it but she said I can do the proceedings of divorce in nigeria becos its xpensive in the usa becos its out of jurisdiction.I need the divorce badly now.

The issue now is where I work(entertainment industry),there is an award ceremony in the usa in october this year and I am invited to receive the award and I have to go to usa for this award.

What is my fate now? Would embassy in lagos give me visa to attend ceremony? Will the withdrawal without divorce or annulment cause me visa rejection in subsequent application in usa embassy in nigeria? Do I need to fill married to her in my visa application document? Pls reply me.I need help.

That's BS that divorce is expensive you were't even married that long. It's uncontested. Most states will cost you $300 or less. Tell her to file now. But back to you. Whether he files or not is no matter. t will just look like you guys are just trying to get you to US and Adjust status or something. But the time has gone by but no divorce which isn't good. a divorce needs to be done to at least show immigration that you are done. I bet she is already remarried to her ex. and here you are stuck. Sorry.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from US Embassy & Consulate Discussion to Tourist Visas forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Starnge things does happen in this Visa searching world!!!!!

When did she realise that you cannot take care of her???

you sef try oooo after three mother you get liver i TWALE for you :dancing: :joy: :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Timeline

Starnge things does happen in this Visa searching world!!!!!

When did she realise that you cannot take care of her???

you sef try oooo after three mother you get liver i TWALE for you :dancing: :joy: :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

I've never agreed more with anything in my life.

6gai.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If all this is true and she sent you that mail its over, you having a baby & her pregnant for ex

then she withdrew with USCIS. take this proof to show that the relationship ended,to apply for B1

where and for what you are getting the award......you will still have to over-come immigrant

intent and your character, having a woman pregnant as listed in your wife complaint & fer letter

if true...that's a denial for any visa right now

Filed: Timeline

in legal perspective you have a strong family tie in the USA. Until the divorce is final that's the way it is. Secondly, you have demonstrated the intent to immigrate to the USA when you file the I130 petition. These two factors should have to be considered in the B2 Visa process. Other factors apply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.