Mr. Big Dog

Where do racists in America live?

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's more of the word thug. The n-word now has become a term of endearment for some, like my brother. It's been used so much be some, it's become a nasty habit that takes a while to break. Trust me, I know....

If reflects the country's politics. If you don't have power, you do things like this. It's not a conscious process, it's what happens when people accept the place they feel that they occupy in the social order.

It doesn't have a true meaning. It has the meaning that English speakers place upon it. The dominant meaning is that is a term of racist abuse, but if enough people use it in another context the meaning changes.

It definitely has a "true meaning". Because the word has been watered down by it's over use doesn't mean the original meaning doesn't exist.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's not a real cookie if it has raisins in it.

purist. :rolleyes:

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i can tell you for sure there are A LOT of racists/closed minded people who live in Michigan. EVENTHOUGH there are a is a significant population of middle eastern population in dearborn, TONS of mexicans in southern michigan, blacks in detroit, and misc. scatterings of all cultures throughout the state...I can sincerely say that approx. 80% of the population are ignorant to other cultures...and therefore, go by how they were raised. i will say eventhough their thoughts/opinions are most likely racist, STILL they are mostly non- confrontational, and are safe to live around. People will not bother you, they may look at you and think to themselves, but they won't hurt anyone. Michigan is not a place i would recommend anyone living, better for visiting. The people are mostly closed minded, and judgemental....boring, and dull. They're biggest pleasures/past-times is EATING and watching movies/or playing video games. Not much to do there except in summer, when you can enjoy one of their lakes!

Other than MI i would say any southeastern state is LIKELY to be mostly racist/possibly dangerous in bigger cities.

Least racist would be west coast....washington, oregon, california, nevada. Of course,,,,any huge city like chicago or new york city too.. :goofy:

San Francisco is very multicultural and very peaceful, nice weather, etc. But cost of living is extremely high.

Are these very peaceful San Francisco people safe to be around if I am there in the General Lee talking about how much I like Alabama (ROLL TIDE!) ?? I mean are they non-confrontational bigots like in those in Michigan or is there going to be a problem?

Your statement about the millions of people living in Michigan - The people are mostly closed minded, and judgemental....boring, and dull Do you not see the irony of that statement?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Large numbers of whites do something = not fair to judge all whites.

One black or minority does something = entire race or ethnicity no ###### good.

Do you remember what you said about the Mexican side of my family? I can go back and pull it up if you don't...

And that's how the cookie crumbles.

Do you remember what you said bout all the people living in Kentucky? Or how about another post about what you said about all the people living in Idaho?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Do you remember what you said about the Mexican side of my family? I can go back and pull it up if you don't...

Do you remember what you said bout all the people living in Kentucky? Or how about another post about what you said about all the people living in Idaho?

Is this "let's take a stroll down memory lane" day? :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it's not a real cookie if it has raisins in it.

Don't you DARE talk bad about my oatmeal raisin cookies!

I remember it :ranting:

Or about people in Texas..... or Florida

No, I don't ever remember commenting on your family. Please do pull it up.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Just for the record, everyone talks about people from Kentucky. :whistle:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It definitely has a "true meaning". Because the word has been watered down by it's over use doesn't mean the original meaning doesn't exist.

It's not been watered down, the meaning of the word has changed based on how it is being used and who is using it.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm trying to point out that language isn't a static concept. If it were, we'd all be speaking the way people did in the middle ages

Noone has claim on truth of meaning. Truth is irrelevant, there's only consensus.

It's not been watered down, the meaning of the word has changed based on how it is being used and who is using it.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm trying to point out that language isn't a static concept. If it were, we'd all be speaking the way people did in the middle ages

Noone has claim on truth of meaning. Truth is irrelevant, there's only consensus.

Sure it has, the "N" word doesn't carry near the clout it used to. It used to be taboo for most anyone to use that word, now it's bandied about as a term of endearment by both blacks and whites. That is watered down.

ETA: I think we're referring to the same thing, but using different terms to describe it. Damn linguistics! :lol:

Edited by Teddy B