rgarciasantos

scan dates/case complete/interview thread

2,574 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Familiasevilla have you tried downloading the magic jack app. It's completely free and it let you make free phone calls. My husband usually works all day and don't have time to call and I call thru the magic jack app without paying :-)

I have a magicjack but the calls wont go through :( not to mention my Internet is terrible in Honduras and even on the skype call the Rep could barely get my info....so frustrating.

And I hate calling anyway...my cc was April 22 and still no interview scheduled. :( I am with my husband and daughter kn Honduras but wanted to be able to spend at least some of the summer with my family in the States since my sisters a teacher and has the summer off...

Edited by familiasevilla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a magicjack but the calls wont go through :( not to mention my Internet is terrible in Honduras and even on the skype call the Rep could barely get my info....so frustrating.

And I hate calling anyway...my cc was April 22 and still no interview scheduled. :( I am with my husband and daughter kn Honduras but wanted to be able to spend at least some of the summer with my family in the States since my sisters a teacher and has the summer off...

Have you tried google hangouts? Thats what im using.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I love when you call NVC and the approximate wait time is 20 minutes..........I've been on hold an hour so far. Just hope I have enough skype credits left!!!

they have a plan if you want to pay its 13.99 a month for unlimited I use it to bug them all the time haha .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

they have a plan if you want to pay its 13.99 a month for unlimited I use it to bug them all the time haha .

I know....I was being cheap and hopeful I wouldn't need a month of unlimited. Ive been at nvc since January. I should have known better!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Does calling them really get things done faster, or does a case move along at the same rate, regardless whether we call them every day or not?

If they actually complete a case sooner for someone who calls every day, than for someone who doesn't, I'll get up early every day so I can have time to call!

Timeline

Does calling them really get things done faster, or does a case move along at the same rate, regardless whether we call them every day or not?

If they actually complete a case sooner for someone who calls every day, than for someone who doesn't, I'll get up early every day so I can have time to call!

it does not make it go faster no it just allows you to get your case number faster as well as the ds-261 reviewed faster that's about the only thing calling 24/7 does in a positive way .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

it does not make it go faster no it just allows you to get your case number faster as well as the ds-261 reviewed faster that's about the only thing calling 24/7 does in a positive way .

Oh yes, the DS-261..That's the one time I've called them. I was beginning to wonder why it hadn't been reviewed, so I did re-dial for about an hour, then finally was put on hold. After about 20 minutes I was able to ask someone. A very polite woman reviewed it right then.

Our scan date was April 28th and I see 2 N/As. At first I had no idea what everyone was talking about...3 N/A's? Where? Once I figured that out and logged into the CEAC site Wednesday, I was delighted to see 2 N/A's. I turned obsessive after that, and looked every couple hours throughout the day Wed., Thurs., and Friday to see if it changed. No point in looking again through the loooonnnggg weekend, but I'll be back to it again Tuesday morning.

Timeline

Oh yes, the DS-261..That's the one time I've called them. I was beginning to wonder why it hadn't been reviewed, so I did re-dial for about an hour, then finally was put on hold. After about 20 minutes I was able to ask someone. A very polite woman reviewed it right then.

Our scan date was April 28th and I see 2 N/As. At first I had no idea what everyone was talking about...3 N/A's? Where? Once I figured that out and logged into the CEAC site Wednesday, I was delighted to see 2 N/A's. I turned obsessive after that, and looked every couple hours throughout the day Wed., Thurs., and Friday to see if it changed. No point in looking again through the loooonnnggg weekend, but I'll be back to it again Tuesday morning.

your not alone I find checking my status is like an addictive drug it makes me go crazy haha .

Hi All,

Can you please change my scan date from 07/05/2015 to 11/05/2015 as I called NVC on Thursday and was told that they have scanned my documents four days after they received my documents. I was also told to wait 30 days from the date of Scan. Finger cross it all will be completed by the time my PD is current. Thank you.

F-2A Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 2012/12/27 (Happy day :) )

I-130 Sent : 2013-11-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-11-22

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-01 :) (Happy day after waiting for long time)

NVC Received : 2015-04-16 :) (Another joyful day)

Case Number and IIN Received date : 2015-04- 27 (Glory to the lord :) ):

AOS Scan Date: 2015-05-11 (I have been advised to wait 30 days from the date of scan to get case closed)

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-06-04 (Praise the lord almighty :)

Medical Booked: 2015-07-08- Completed

Interview Date: 2015-08-19 (Praise the lord almighty) :)

Interview Result : Visa approved :) Thanks lord

US Entry :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Same thing happend with me as I called this Friday and I have been told that my scan date is the 27 of April and the 24 was the date the received my docs! My 30 th day will be next Wednesday ! I m hoping for cc with no checklist thanks in advance! Good luck to everyone !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.