9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hey everybody,

today I received a RFE from USCIS saying that they need the form I-693 (vaccination report) from me.

I came over her with a K1 visa and filled AOS within one year of my medical exam in Germany, so I do not quite understand why they now need a new vaccination record. I send the sealed enveloped that was given to me by the civil surgeon in Germany with my AOS application, so they should have all of the information they need...

Does the medical exam/vaccination report expire even if filled within a year? I filled AOS within a year, but USCIS hasn't actually started working on my case until very recently, so it has been collecting dust in their office for a year...would that be a reason to need a new vaccination record?

I already made an appointment to get it done, because I no fighting it won't help any. I am just curious, because I don't think that I actually have to do it. I feel like they either lost my original record, or it is their fault for letting my file sit their untouched for so long.

Any ideas?

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, they are now expiring if over one year, even if you submitted it when it was not expired. http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-issues-new-policy-form-i-693-report-medical-examination-and-vaccination-record

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Do you have the DS-3025? it would have been a copy of your vaccination record given to you at the medical. If this doesn't say Complete, then you're I-693 wasn't completed. Did you have all the vaccines before moving (as a K-1, you aren't technically required to have them all, but you are before AOS).

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Timeline

Do you have the DS-3025? it would have been a copy of your vaccination record given to you at the medical. If this doesn't say Complete, then you're I-693 wasn't completed. Did you have all the vaccines before moving (as a K-1, you aren't technically required to have them all, but you are before AOS).

It does not have to be marked 'complete' to have all the required vaccinations for AOS marked off properly on it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I do have that form and it is marked as complete.

-

Timeline

Yes, they are now expiring if over one year, even if you submitted it when it was not expired. http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-issues-new-policy-form-i-693-report-medical-examination-and-vaccination-record

Thank you for your reply!

Uhh... I just have such a hate for USCIS!!! Now I have to redo it only because they are so freaking slow... :ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

-

Timeline

It does not have to be marked 'complete' to have all the required vaccinations for AOS marked off properly on it.

I have another question that you might be able to answer.

On my RFE letter it says:

"Applicant must furnish a current vaccination report using form I-693, along with Page 1 of form I-693."

So if I understand that right I do NOT need the whole form I-693 but only page 1 and page 5, which is the vaccination record?

-

Timeline

Correct. They are asking for what is needed from a K-1. No new medical was needed if yours was done within a year of filing for AOS. However, they are wanting the vaccinations transcribed by a civil surgeon onto an I-693. Silly to need them transcribed now, but they often ask for redundant stuff during immigration.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have another question that you might be able to answer.

On my RFE letter it says:

"Applicant must furnish a current vaccination report using form I-693, along with Page 1 of form I-693."

So if I understand that right I do NOT need the whole form I-693 but only page 1 and page 5, which is the vaccination record?

I got the same rfe. My ds 3025 was not complete and needs a vaccine certification from a civil surgeon.

I visited a civil surgeon this morning and said i must redo the whole parts of I-693. Even if i higlighted the instructions of I-693 re k1 for aos. The dr there doesnt want to transcribe or certify my vaccines without completing the other portions of I-693. I have no choice but did the full medical exam. It costs me 150.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.