terri_blake

Cold Feet and Second Thoughts

162 posts in this topic

What difference does it make????? The entire family lives together in one big house. 8 familt members.

Here is the difference. I'll post it once again for you. Read up on the law in Egypt and then put two and two together with his story he told you. I'll help you, based on the law there, it doesn't add up. That alone would have me taking a step back to see what might be going on. Right now you can't see the forest for the trees.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

The right of guardianship and custody for children (Egypt family law)

The law stipulates different criteria that determine who will care about the child. The law determines, taking into account the child’s age, which parent has the priority over others to provide their children with suitable care. Egyptian Family law takes these rules from Islam’s Sharia, recognizing that children have special needs in their lives starting from the very first day, and they have to be together with the parent who can deal with these needs

The Egyptian Family law also determines the age of guardianship and custody according to whether the child is male or female, because their needs are obviously different. According to that, the parent who can provide with the child’s needs is the one who acquires priority in doing that.

The female childcare period:

The law considers that in the first years the child must be with a woman (or women) that take care about it, because women are more able than men to do that.

The act number 25 decreed in 1929 categorizes women according to their priority of taking care of children:

“The mother, then the grandmother from the mother’s side; then the grandmother from the father’s side, then sisters, then sisters from the mother only; then sisters from the father’s side, etc. Only then will the right come to the men side”

We will talk about the ‘keeper’ as a mother, because she is the first one who takes care for babies. It must be noted, however, that the same rules which control mother’s right to care about and keep a child apply to all keepers.

The legal conditions for childcare rights :

The law requires that the keeper abides to some conditions that ensure that she or he is able to provide the child with proper care.

1. Must be with good health in mind and body.

2. Must be mentally sane and have reached the age of legal responsibility (adult).

3. Must be with good manners.

4. Must not be married to anyone who can marry the child ( Unmehram).

5. To be in the same religion not condition.

The period of childcare:

The act amending in 7 march 2005 to provisions number 25 in 1920 article number 20 says that the period of childcare starts from the first day until the age of 15. After that the judge asks the child if they want to stay with the same parent or go to the other one until 21 for males or until time of marriage for females.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One assaultive post and a reply to it have been deleted. Remember the very real possibility of thread-bans if lines are crossed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Basim is NOT a bad guy and I sure as heck am no angel. He has a big heart and patience. Im the scatterbrain of the relationship. Furthermore, I dont need to BUY a visa to go to Egypt. The plan ticket is paid for....

By Basim.

I am leaving on Friday and will take three days from work next week. Ive got it covered. I work for my family's business. What else would you like to know?

Lets see...

Im wearing purple drawers

I ate cereal for dinner

I went to Walmart today to buy toothpaste and tampons

My neighbor cut my grass for $20

Anything else?

I'll wait.....

One assaultive post and a reply to it have been deleted. Remember the very real possibility of thread-bans if lines are crossed.

VJ Moderation

Understood. Thank you.

Here is the difference. I'll post it once again for you. Read up on the law in Egypt and then put two and two together with his story he told you. I'll help you, based on the law there, it doesn't add up. That alone would have me taking a step back to see what might be going on. Right now you can't see the forest for the trees.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

The right of guardianship and custody for children (Egypt family law)

The law stipulates different criteria that determine who will care about the child. The law determines, taking into account the childs age, which parent has the priority over others to provide their children with suitable care. Egyptian Family law takes these rules from Islams Sharia, recognizing that children have special needs in their lives starting from the very first day, and they have to be together with the parent who can deal with these needs

The Egyptian Family law also determines the age of guardianship and custody according to whether the child is male or female, because their needs are obviously different. According to that, the parent who can provide with the childs needs is the one who acquires priority in doing that.

The female childcare period:

The law considers that in the first years the child must be with a woman (or women) that take care about it, because women are more able than men to do that.

The act number 25 decreed in 1929 categorizes women according to their priority of taking care of children:

The mother, then the grandmother from the mothers side; then the grandmother from the fathers side, then sisters, then sisters from the mother only; then sisters from the fathers side, etc. Only then will the right come to the men side

We will talk about the keeper as a mother, because she is the first one who takes care for babies. It must be noted, however, that the same rules which control mothers right to care about and keep a child apply to all keepers.

The legal conditions for childcare rights :

The law requires that the keeper abides to some conditions that ensure that she or he is able to provide the child with proper care.

1. Must be with good health in mind and body.

2. Must be mentally sane and have reached the age of legal responsibility (adult).

3. Must be with good manners.

4. Must not be married to anyone who can marry the child ( Unmehram).

5. To be in the same religion not condition.

The period of childcare:

The act amending in 7 march 2005 to provisions number 25 in 1920 article number 20 says that the period of childcare starts from the first day until the age of 15. After that the judge asks the child if they want to stay with the same parent or go to the other one until 21 for males or until time of marriage for females.

wow thank you for this!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A bickering post (which came in during the same minute as the above Moderation warning) has been removed.

A comment about the OP's photo has also been removed. Any more comments about the OP's photo will result in a thread-ban.

VJ Moderation

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I admit it. This whole thing sounds crazy but Im afraid its all true. I really feel dumb at times for letting it get to this point. I wish my life wasn't like tHis. But I chose to get involved. This is all my own doing. It is what is, I suppose.

Good night, all. Sweet dreams.

Edited by terri_blake

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Check out the posting names on this forum, eg just on this page... you're "BrittWitt", I'm "Limey". People use nicknames, not real names, even though we don't have these embarrassing stories to tell of falling in love with someone and meeting them 2 stories apart on a hotel balcony LOL it sounded like a sketch from a comedy show. Yet OP has used a name that is supposed to appear real... that is classic trolling.

I didn't find any of it convincing, but after reading the bit where OP says "who says he's a muslim" when she'd previously said "he's a muslim" - I'm surprised anyone took any more bait from her/him (real OP could be either but my money is on a him). There is also the bit where she/he claimed to be a pentacostal christian, and then exclaimed "Jesus Christ" at the beginning of one of the posts. As a troll I'd have to give a 3 out of ten (and that is mainly for effort)

Wow, me and so many others here must be trolls then since we're using our real names lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

What surname too? Is Maria or Seve your surname?

I think my name and my signature makes it pretty clear neither is a surname. What would it matter if she had used both her first and surname? I do on parts of the internet. As long as you don't provide a bunch of personal info so that people can still your identity there's nothing wrong with it. It makes neither of us a troll.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** This thread is now closed. Do not re-start this thread. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.