Dakine10

Texas veterinarian fired after allegedly killing cat with arrow and bragging about it on Facebook

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Vets kill anywhere between 3-6 million cats and dogs a year. This is what they are best at.

They euthanize sick animals or strays. They don't show up at your house and kill healthy pets, which is essentially what happened here. I'll put a link to a Minnisota case below where the guy got 3 weeks in jail for killing a cat he thought was feral. Even in those great states that allow cat hunting :rolleyes: , you cant just be an idiot about it.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2010/11/ajalon_thomas_c.php

That's all assuming they buy that the arrow shot was humane, which given the reaction it appears they won't. Then the charge is animal cruelty. That will get her license revoked.

I would hire her only after looking at her history and speaking with her. (if I needed someone and if I was in that position)

Her history is out there. The issue is not if you would hire her, it's if a vet would and if anyone would actually take pets to a place she worked. If she somehow doesn't get charged, and then even if they were OK with her abhorrent behavior, I doubt they are going to take the business risk.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not all or even most pet owners are cat lovers. Most normal people understand feral cats can be a big problem.

You are trying to say this cat was a pet. I have see no proof of that. Where is the cat owner? Most likely there is not one so I doubt this vet will be charged with anything.

State agencies spend million rounding up and killing feral cats. I think this vet should be given a bonus :idea:

Not all or even most pet owners are cat lovers. Most normal people understand feral cats can be a big problem.

You are trying to say this cat was a pet. I have see no proof of that. Where is the cat owner? Most likely there is not one so I doubt this vet will be charged with anything.

State agencies spend million rounding up and killing feral cats. I think this vet should be given a bonus :idea:

DIAF

-- Cat Lovers Everywhere

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

The neighbors cat happens to be missing and look exactly like the one in the picture. I think the answer will be forthcoming. The incident just happened. As the article said, the sheriff asked people to be patient and stop tying up the dispatch. I'm sure the details will follow.

I like dogs. I don't mind cats, I wouldn't say I'm a cat lover. I don't think the central issue here is if you like cats or not. There's always going to be that picture of her posing and smiling with the dead cat and talking about how awesome she is. I wouldn't let her near a goldfish - not because I think she would shoot it, but because I don't trust someone who takes an oath and then ignores it so callously.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

The neighbors cat happens to be missing and look exactly like the one in the picture. I think the answer will be forthcoming. The incident just happened. As the article said, the sheriff asked people to be patient and stop tying up the dispatch. I'm sure the details will follow.

I like dogs. I don't mind cats, I wouldn't say I'm a cat lover. I don't think the central issue here is if you like cats or not. There's always going to be that picture of her posing and smiling with the dead cat and talking about how awesome she is. I wouldn't let her near a goldfish - not because I think she would shoot it, but because I don't trust someone who takes an oath and then ignores it so callously.

I was not aware that it may be the neighbors cat. I am interested to know all the details. Wait and see I guess.

I know one thing. If I shot a neighbors cat……I would never take any pics and keep my mouth shut.

I was not aware that it may be the neighbors cat. I am interested to know all the details. Wait and see I guess.

I know one thing. If I shot a neighbors catI would never take any pics and keep my mouth shut.

It's good to know that your an upstanding guy.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

I know one thing. If I shot a neighbors cat……I would never take any pics and keep my mouth shut.

Or you could just not shoot your neighbors cat in the first place.

Just 'cause you have a gun, doesn't mean you have to shoot everything. Does it? Most of the talking points around guns and gun control centers around owners being largely responsible people. If you can't even control yourself from shooting the neighbors cat, what have you got left to argue?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Just 'cause you have a gun, doesn't mean you have to shoot everything. Does it? Most of the talking points around guns and gun control centers around owners being largely responsible people. If you can't even control yourself from shooting the neighbors cat, what have you got left to argue?

That's an option? :rofl:

I learn something everyday :idea:

Timeline

That's an option? :rofl:

I learn something everyday :idea:

Your neighbors must love you.

I think I'll suggest a formal agreement with my neighbor tomorrow. I won't shoot their dog if he doesn't shoot our cat. I wouldn't have gave it much thought before, but you can't take too much for granted I guess. Murka!!!

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

A lot of people are making comments and asking questions about our investigative process.

We will not be posting on any social media what steps have been taken in the investigation. That is not the way the criminal justice process works. At present, we have a number of deputies assigned solely to this case. They are doing their job. As previously stated, once all the reports are complete, the entire file will be sent to the District Attorney's Office. Depending on the elements, they will most likely present it to the next session of the Grand Jury. If they return a true bill (an indictment), an arrest warrant will be issued for whoever is named as an offender. That person (s) will be arrested, brought to jail, and after magistration, will be able to post bond. The District Attorney will then set the case for trial.

The Sheriff is not the prosecutor. In regards to Kristen Lindsey coming in with her attorney: In the US, when a person who is suspected of an offense invokes their rights under Miranda, they cannot be spoken with, or questioned in any manner without the presence of their attorney. They also have the absolute right not to say anything.

Whether or not search warrants have been issued and executed - or subpoenas have been served, that information is for the court system to view - not Facebook. We firmly believe in the rights of everyone and will uphold the justice system in the manner described in the law.

We realize that a fervor exists in this case, however we will do our part in the proper, legal, and ethical manner in order to provide the court system with all information and evidence it needs.

Thank you all for your participation.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I find it amazing that people here can't tell right from wrong in this scenario, or that there's something very off about someone committed to a career in animal welfare participating in a pointless act of cruelty against an animal.

The pro hunt pro gun crowd are so adamant about their position that it's ok to shoot 'vermin' that they'll prostitute their own morals to do so.