Sharon&josh

Medical worries, and curiosities.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey,

So I have a few questions with regarding the medical (which is in like a week, but is the thing that I have been most nervous about since the beginning). I recently (15th February) broke my fibula and had to get a screw put in my leg. What can I say I was getting to see my fiance for the first time in 6 weeks and got to excited to see him that I fell down some stairs and well the rest is a bed ridden history. The thing is that now I have to go through my medical exam coming up and my interview with crutches and I may have to have another surgery to take out the screw. Is there any thing that I have to take to my medical with regards to my ankle?

Also, while I am asking questions, over three years ago, I had a bout of depression where I felt like life was too stressful to continue. I never made any serious attempt on my life but it was something that I seriously thought about for a while. I got myself help and went to therapy for a year, stopped hanging out with the negative influences that were a major cause of the stress and depression, stopped letting work negatively effect me, and basically got better. I haven't had any lapse since, and I was wondering If it is something that I have to tell them about in the medical, or if since it was so long about with no relapse it is something that I can leave out.

Thanks for your guys help. Love this site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Tagging along with my own question!

I have a heart murmur. It is very audible, but I saw a cardiologist a few years ago and he confirmed it was nothing (just a "door" in my arteries that doesn't close correctly so it makes a sound) so I can run, workout, do anything because it doesn't affect my health at all. Will I have to go see a new cardiologist? Or take the "report" my cardiologist wrote about my heart (stating it was healthy)? I have no idea about the medical. Do we see mutliple doctors?

10/13/2014 --- I-129F sent

10/15/2014 --- NOA1

05/01/2015 --- NOA2 (198 days)

05/08/2015 --- Case sent to the NVC

05/15/2015 --- Case received by the NVC

05/18/2015 --- Case number assigned

06/05/2015 --- Consulate received + Packet 3 received (e-mail)

07/27/2015 --- Medical

07/28/2015 --- Interview (APPROVED!)

07/30/2015 --- Issued

08/04/2015 --- Received

09/25/2015 --- POE

10/10/2015 --- Wedding

Me: F/28/France - beneficiary :star:

Fiancé: M/29/Texas - petitioner (L)

I wouldnt worry as much as along as it is not something contagious. I think that is the one they are after as who would want to get transmitted by whatever kind of diseases right?

On the other topic, People who did my medical found this weird scar on my left hand. Like me, if you do have some weird scarrings they'll send you to a some sort of a counseling where they ask question. I would recommend if it doesnt bother you anymore and you dont have any scarrings or whatsoever, dont mention it. Personally, I think if they find a weird scar that may associate to being suicidal, they send you to this extra and final step to see when and what happen and if given an extraoridinary circumstance when you get here, would you be able to handle it. Its like psychological screening for me.

Edited by Jay & Cici

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

I had my medical today and the doctor actually tried to avoid checking yes about depression. But I am silly and honest and had checked yes about harmful thlughts in the past. He had to clarify I was in an abusive relationship when it happened 8 year ago. Now I am freaking out about it.

But yes, if you have no scars I'd avoid me tionning it.

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves the medical phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.