jbed81

Visiting during K1 process.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I've seen allot of scattered and dated information on this topic, and I'd like to hear from anyone who recently accomplished a visit during a k1 or similar process. Seems like I saw a post from a man with an Austrailian fiancé who had visited more than one time. I can't seem to find that post again. His was predicated on the fact that she had a valid visitor visa that was approved prior to the submission of the petition. My fiancé has time remaining on Her ESTA (visa waiver program) that was approved way prior to the submission of our K1. Anyone with valid experience with this. And by recent I mean within one year from now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband visited last June from the UK while we were waiting for our K1 visa.

He had a B travel visa and came out for my brother's wedding. He brought tons of support saying that he had a job to return to, money in the bank etc. When going through immigration he just said "I'm going to a friend's wedding" and it really wasn't much of an issue. The K visa didn't even come up.

Technically, K visa applicants are allowed to visit on a B visa to meet a fiance's family or make wedding plans.

Good luck to you!

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-15!!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :2014-10-07

NVC Left :2014-10-10

Consulate Received :2014-10-16

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-20

Medical: 2014-11-05

Packet 4 Received : 2014-11-15

Interview Date : 2014-12-19

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2015-01-08

Marriage : 2015-02-12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

You know you posted in the Philippines forum right?

Yeah I saw that once too late. I didn't know I was in Philippines or how I got there. Can't see a way to move it from the iPhone version.

You can ask a mod to move your topic.

Also, head over to the K-1 Process and Procedures forum where there is a thread called "Yes you can visit" than essentially answers your questions. If you still have more after reading it, that´s also the best place to ask! Here is the link for it:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Procedurally speaking, there's nothing keeping a beneficiary from visiting during the application process. I did it several times, as have many others. That being said, everyone's situation and background is different, and just because someone else had success doesn't guarantee you will as well. As always it will be up to the CBP officer's judgment at the point of entry to allow them into the US. By applying for a K-1 there is obviously an established intent to immigrate, so your fiance will want to bring as much evidence as possible to demonstrate their intent to return.

Edited by templeton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to K1 P&P from the Philipinne forum - You may want to read the pinned thread at the top of this forum - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any way you could have legally entered the United States before filing the K-1 you can still do after filing, but only BEFORE the K-1 is issued. Once the K-1 is issued, your next entry into the United States will be considered your ONE permitted K-1 entry, regardless of what you decide to call it.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I have been visiting my fiancè in the States without a hitch so far (knock on wood). I went last April and June, December ( a couple weeks after we started the k1 process) and most recently in February. POE Boston. They have been 1-2 week visits. I'm planning a 3 month visit starting on the 8th of May. We hope to get our noa2 while I'm there towards the second half of my trip. I'll let you know how it all goes. I'll have extra baggage too, because it's THREE months (well, 87 days) and a woman needs her stuff. :D I hope they won't have a problem with that or anything else. But my track record of visiting and returning should speak for itself.

12/09/14 - I-129F Application Sent
12/11/14 - NOA1 - TSC

event.png

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 4/13/2015 at 6:04 PM, jbed81 said:

I've seen allot of scattered and dated information on this topic, and I'd like to hear from anyone who recently accomplished a visit during a k1 or similar process. Seems like I saw a post from a man with an Austrailian fiancé who had visited more than one time. I can't seem to find that post again. His was predicated on the fact that she had a valid visitor visa that was approved prior to the submission of the petition. My fiancé has time remaining on Her ESTA (visa waiver program) that was approved way prior to the submission of our K1. Anyone with valid experience with this. And by recent I mean within one year from now.

You can visit! :) I visited my fiancé 2x before filing the I-129F, then 3x until waiting for USCIS approval! My ESTA was approved before the first time I went, then I changed jobs, so got another ESTA with the updated job info. We got approved not even a week after I came home the last time. Lenght of trips were 7-9 days and 14 days the last time. No problems at the border ever, actually last time the POE was joking with me about a sandwich I forgot in my bag. I flew into Philadelphia, Newark and Washington DC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three year old thread locked to further comments.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I traveled to visit my Fiance in march last year while my K-1 visa was pending and I was a little scared at first. So I asked my employer to sign a letter stating that I was expected to return my job after my visit. 

Since I already travelled on my ESTA one year ago, on my arrival to the US point of entry, I went to the automated passport control kiosk and I was really surprised to not have to speak with a CPB agent. I still advise for him to bring some proofs that he intends to return back to his country once his vacation is over, just in case, but it wasn't a problem  to me at all ;)

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I drive to Virginia from Canada every three weeks. We filed in may Ivery gotten a few extra questions twice but I've never been turned back. But I've got a two and a half year history of crossing every three weeks  I'm starting to feel like I know the guards well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.