spookyturtle

Tsarnaev found guilty in Marathon bombing, will face death penalty

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems inappropriate when a 50c bullet would do the job.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

We are talking about this case. How would delaying anything be a positive?

It wouldn't be positive, but it is the law. If he receives the death sentence, and if he has the right to appeal, I hope he waives that right. I don't support taking away that right.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

I have no problem with an appeal just the one, as long as it is processed promptly.

Quite what there is to appeal I have no idea.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I have no problem with an appeal just the one, as long as it is processed promptly.

Quite what there is to appeal I have no idea.

I don't know either. McVeigh appealed his sentence in the Oklahoma bombing. IIRC he waived further appeals at some point. They still executed him. He's dead. The end result is the same. He's remembered only for his cowardly and horrendous acts.

These guys can never get what they fully deserve. There's no human way to do that. He's either going to be executed or he's going to die in jail. That's enough for me.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Seems like the easier way out for the perp.

Everybody wins!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Really?

Works for boxing etc etc.

Straight answer to a straight question. No interested in passive aggressive deflections or BS.

Why do you think executions should be carried out publicly and be televised?

Who would watch it?

If you would want to watch it, why would you watch it? What would you get out of it?

Timeline

Straight answer to a straight question. No interested in passive aggressive deflections or BS.

Why do you think executions should be carried out publicly and be televised?

Who would watch it?

If you would want to watch it, why would you watch it? What would you get out of it?

Crime was carried out publicly, the punishment should be as well.

Thought it would be a good way to raise money for the victims.

Probably not.

See above.

Edited by Boiler

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Crime was carried out publicly, the punishment should be as well.

Thought it would be a good way to raise money for the victims.

Probably not.

See above.

I'm just curious to understand why someone would want to watch an execution. It's sick.

Televising it suggests that there should be a willing audience. Who would that audience be?

Timeline

Even if was a million people at $10 each that is a lot of money for the victims.

Just scan down your TV channels, 99% ####### but they are in business.

I'm just curious to understand why someone would want to watch an execution. It's sick.

Televising it suggests that there should be a willing audience. Who would that audience be?

Because some people are drawn to violence. There's a nice percentage of people who would pay top dollar to see Tsarnaev executed on live TV. You know Lib would try to obtain season passes for any event that had black people or Muslims as the criminals.

But most folks THINK this is what they want. Until you see it first hand, you can't make that determination. Watching someone die is not a pretty sight, unless that's something you're already into. And I wouldn't want to see such depravity...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg