pathagy

April 2015 Filers

1,974 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats to all those receiving their NOA2!!! Happy to see early April filers making progress. Hitting day 70 this week so it gives me a little hope when I need it!

Let's hope they are getting to the bottom of the box now and finding us early filers :) I happened across a youtube video, it's about 3 years old and only a minute and a half long, but it's a quick look inside the Vermont Service Center. I saw all those boxes stacked up and figure that is probably what CSC looks like and I know which box mine would be in <_<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlNkcvuqXBo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Let's hope they are getting to the bottom of the box now and finding us early filers :) I happened across a youtube video, it's about 3 years old and only a minute and a half long, but it's a quick look inside the Vermont Service Center. I saw all those boxes stacked up and figure that is probably what CSC looks like and I know which box mine would be in <_<

Hahaha! Jeff, do you think our petitions fell between cubicle walls and are waiting for someone to accidently kick them back into sight?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Lmao yeah I can imagine that too.

Met in person: September 2013 :blush:

Started dating: November 2014 :wub:

Proposal: February 2015 (L)

Sent I-129F: March 2015 :luv:

NOA1 Date: 04/03/15 :dancing:

NOA2 Date: 08/10/15 :dance:

Package 3 received: 09/16/15 :idea:

Package 3 sent back: 09/21/15 :yes:

Medical completed: 09/22/15 :thumbs:

Package 4....?

Interview....? :clock:

Well I wont be getting an NOA2 tonight because I got an RFE today!! Oh well, atleast my file has been touched:) I have not a clue as to why I got an RFE as I followed all steps in the guides but I will keep you all posted when the letter finally arrives. Good luck for the rest of you getting your NOA 2's tonight!!

K1 Timeline:
01/01/2015 - Met through a friend while on vacation
02/12/2015 - 1st Visit (became official)
04/01/2015 - 2nd Visit (got engaged)

04/27/2015 - I-129F packet mailed via USPS

05/05/2015 - NOA1 via email and text NOA1 date: 4/30)

06/11/2015 - Electronic RFE via email

06/17/2015 - RFE response received at USCIS

06/26/2015 - NOA2 via email at 10:30 :)

07/20/2015 - NVC received

07/21/2015 - Case # assigned

07/23/2015 - Left NVC

07/27/2015 - Arrived at Embassy

07/28/2015 - Packet 4 received

07/29/2015 - Packet 4 sent

08/20/2015 - Interview Date :idea:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats to everyone making progress (approvals and RFEs) so far this month!

I have a question. I asked this when I first joined this thread, but at that point, there were no April approvals yet. Of the April filers (that I haven't already spoke to about this lol) that have gotten their NOA2s (without RFEs)...did any of you submit the fiancé letter of intent with a scanned signature, as opposed to an original (ink) signature?

It doesn't really matter too much because I've already had my fiancé mail me the originals and I have them ready to go in case I get an RFE...just trying to settle my nerves a bit and see if there's a chance I'll sneak through without an RFE hahaha

Have a good day everyone! Fingers crossed for more approvals tonight!

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I received my hard copy of my NOA2 today. I thought it was going to be longer since they are in California and me in Florida.

Quick question if anyone wants to answer it. Is anyone in your family against you getting married to someone from a different country? Just wondering because I lost my relationship with my brother and my mother isn't too happy about the relationship either. My dad and my ex husband are happy for me. lol.

March 5, 2015 - got engaged

April 24, 2015 - I -129F sent

April 28, 2015 - NOA1 text and email

May 5, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy

June 4, 2015 - NOA2 text and email

June 11, 2015 - NOA2 hard copy

June 22, 2015 - called NVC - received case number

Timeline

I received my hard copy of my NOA2 today. I thought it was going to be longer since they are in California and me in Florida.

Quick question if anyone wants to answer it. Is anyone in your family against you getting married to someone from a different country? Just wondering because I lost my relationship with my brother and my mother isn't too happy about the relationship either. My dad and my ex husband are happy for me. lol.

Congrats!

Sorry to hear that about some of your family not being supportive. Umm...along the way, I've definitely had some people try to talk me out of it, but it honestly doesn't phase me. My fiancé and I are the ones living this life, and I've personally never ever felt something so real in my entire life. People who aren't going through something like this could NEVER possibly understand. Before going through it myself, I probably would have told someone they were crazy for doing it. But now that I'm the one in the situation, I completely understand how possible and real it actually is. I'm sure once your fiancé gets here and you guys can finally be together, they can meet him and see that his intentions are good then they will come around. I'm sure they're only looking out for your best interest because they care about you. But at the end of the day, if they don't accept it, it's their loss. This is your life and you have to do whatever makes you happy!

Good luck on the next part of your journey! :)

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to everyone making progress (approvals and RFEs) so far this month!

I have a question. I asked this when I first joined this thread, but at that point, there were no April approvals yet. Of the April filers (that I haven't already spoke to about this lol) that have gotten their NOA2s (without RFEs)...did any of you submit the fiancé letter of intent with a scanned signature, as opposed to an original (ink) signature?

It doesn't really matter too much because I've already had my fiancé mail me the originals and I have them ready to go in case I get an RFE...just trying to settle my nerves a bit and see if there's a chance I'll sneak through without an RFE hahaha

Have a good day everyone! Fingers crossed for more approvals tonight!

Both of our letters of intent were handwritten but scanned! No originals

K1 Timeline
USCIS:

04/16/15: I-129f packet sent
04/17/15: I-129f packet received
04/21/15: Electronic NOA1 received - California Service Center
04/28/15: Hard copy NOA1 received
05/22/15: Electronic NOA2 received, case approved!

05/29/15: Hard copy NOA2 received
NVC:
06/08/15: NVC received our petition
06/11/15: NVC assigned case #
06/15/15: Case left NVC
U.S. Embassy:
06/23/15: Consulate received case
06/25/15: Packet 3 received and sent
07/06/15: Packet 4 received
08/24/15: Medical
08/28/15: Interview! APPROVED!
09/01/15: Administrative processing...
09/04/15: Issued..
09/10/15: Visa IN HAND
09/11/15: POE

09/23/15: Marriage

Adjustment of Status:
10/05/15: Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet (FedEx)

10/06/15: Packet received @ Chicago

10/12/15: NOA1 received

11/06/15: Biometrics appointment
11/19/15: Case status "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

12/18/15: EAD/AP approved

02/10/16: AOS Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Congrats on your NOA2, I'm really happy for you.

I am really sorry you are going through this with some of your family. I have had family say things to me, even my own brothers thinking I am crazy. My mom has been very supportive and is happy. My fiance is from Cameroon, my mom did get to meet him on skype, so that helped a lot. But, I do have family that are still worried or don't like the idea and say things to me. But just like shellymarie had mentioned, I too just don't let it phase me. I know this is real and will last. We are very much in love.

I am sure once he gets there with you and they can actually meet him and see how happy you are. I am sure they will come around.

I also agree that if they don't accept it, it is their loss.

If he makes you happy, that is what is important, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says.

For me I am very very happy I met my fiance, I would never change anything.

AOS Journey

12/03/2015 - Submitted AOS, EAD, & AP

12/09/2015 - USCIS Received

12/13/2015 - Received 3 texts confirming receipt

12/17/2015 - Received Hard Copy

01/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

01/08/2016 - Received an RFE

02/19/2016 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

​03/30/2016 - EAD/AP approved

​04/01/2016 - EAD/AP mailed

04/01/2016 - AOS Interview/approved card is being produced

04/06/2016 - EAD/AP received

04/09/2016 - Green Card Recieved

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Timeline

Both of our letters of intent were handwritten but scanned! No originals

ahhhh thank you so much girl! :)

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am really sorry you are going through this with some of your family. I have had family say things to me, even my own brothers thinking I am crazy. My mom has been very supportive and is happy. My fiance is from Cameroon, my mom did get to meet him on skype, so that helped a lot. But, I do have family that are still worried or don't like the idea and say things to me. But just like shellymarie had mentioned, I too just don't let it phase me. I know this is real and will last. We are very much in love.

I am sure once he gets there with you and they can actually meet him and see how happy you are. I am sure they will come around.

If he makes you happy, that is what is important, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says.

Thanks for the letting me know that I'm not the only crazy person out there. lol. I'm hoping once my friends and family met Ayoub they will see how great he is. I think my family is worried about some of the differences between us. He is Muslim and I'm Christian. He has never been married and I was for 20 years. I have a child and he doesn't. And there is an age difference too. We started out talking as friends but found out we had so much in common and it just happened. I wasn't plan on getting married again, especially after I got divorced last year. But I never thought I would meet my soul mate, which he is. And he makes me extremely happy.

Thanks for letting me share. lol.

March 5, 2015 - got engaged

April 24, 2015 - I -129F sent

April 28, 2015 - NOA1 text and email

May 5, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy

June 4, 2015 - NOA2 text and email

June 11, 2015 - NOA2 hard copy

June 22, 2015 - called NVC - received case number

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I am curious has anyone with an June NOA2 date received their case number or packet 3 yet from the NVC ?

We received our case number almost a month ago, and packet 3 came around a week ago. Packet 3 is not from NVC though, it's from the embassy.

K1 Visa

03/30/2015 - I-129F sent

04/06/2015 - NOA1

04/30/2015 - NOA2

05/14/2015 - NVC case number assigned

05/15/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Paris embassy

05/20/2015 - Paris embassy received

06/05/2015 - Packet 3 received

08/04/2015 - Medical

09/03/2015 - Interview... APPROVED!

09/10/2015 - Visa received

11/20/2015 - POE in Seattle

12/31/2015 - Married! (L)

Adjustment of Status

01/29/2016 - Filed I-485/I-765/I-131

02/08/2016 - NOAs received

03/03/2016 - RFE

03/23/2016 - Biometrics appointment

06/07/2016 - Interview... APPROVED!

06/14/2016 - Green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I am so excited! We received our NOA2 notice today :dancing::dance:

I had given up thinking we were going to hear anything at all. At almost 8pm I checked and no status update, I was thinking another day and no update.

Then I got an email at 8:30pm and saw it was from the USCIS. I am just so happy to finally see the approval.

I hope the rest of you get your approvals soon :)

AOS Journey

12/03/2015 - Submitted AOS, EAD, & AP

12/09/2015 - USCIS Received

12/13/2015 - Received 3 texts confirming receipt

12/17/2015 - Received Hard Copy

01/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

01/08/2016 - Received an RFE

02/19/2016 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

​03/30/2016 - EAD/AP approved

​04/01/2016 - EAD/AP mailed

04/01/2016 - AOS Interview/approved card is being produced

04/06/2016 - EAD/AP received

04/09/2016 - Green Card Recieved

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so excited! We received our NOA2 notice today :dancing::dance:

I had given up thinking we were going to hear anything at all. At almost 8pm I checked and no status update, I was thinking another day and no update.

Then I got an email at 8:30pm and saw it was from the USCIS. I am just so happy to finally see the approval.

I hope the rest of you get your approvals soon :)

Congratulations! Atlast you are now moving on to the next step...

Hopefully we will receive ours soon!⌛⌛⌛

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.