386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I went for my interview today. The IO kept us waiting till they attended to everyone else before telling me that they want to start recording the interviews and that she wanted to start with me. The IO was very rude and aggressive, I guess the fact that I and my spouse have a different address raised all the red flags. Anyway, she based almost all her questions on our living arrangement. She didn't open the photo album nor check our emails and text message . Finally, after interviewing us separately with much scrutiny, she gave me a form stating that our interview us being held for review. Hopefully I get approved soon...I answered all the questions pretty well though. Success to everyone going for interview soon!!!

You will be approved...

Filed: Timeline

Received my green card in the mail today. 6+ month journey comes to an end. So relieved. Best of luck everyone.

AOS April 11, 2015 AOS (I-485, I-130 & I-765) package sent to Chicago LockboxApril 13 2015 The package delivered to Chicago LockboxMay 12 2015 Successful BiometricsMay 20 2015 I-485 updated to 'Ready to Schedule for Interview'.<p>July 16th 2015 Received EAD card in mail.

Sept 10th 2015. Notice of interview scheduled for October 15th.

Filed: Timeline

Yes I was surprised it arrived so quickly. Happy though.

AOS April 11, 2015 AOS (I-485, I-130 & I-765) package sent to Chicago LockboxApril 13 2015 The package delivered to Chicago LockboxMay 12 2015 Successful BiometricsMay 20 2015 I-485 updated to 'Ready to Schedule for Interview'.<p>July 16th 2015 Received EAD card in mail.

Sept 10th 2015. Notice of interview scheduled for October 15th.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Stallion had his interview today. How did it go?

Hey Folks,

I'm sorry for late update, I went to work after the interview and lunch with my wife.

Here's whole interview scenario :

we got there at 9:30 for 10:06 appointment, went inside after security check and had to get in to the line once inside to notify them that we are here, person at the front window gave us a token which read our number in the queue, our attorney was already in waiting area. At 10:20 officer called my name and took us in to her cabin where she swore us for only truth.

it was our luck that we got probably the nicest officer in Baltimore field office. after oath we were seated.(folks do not sit down until officer tells you to.) then she told us that she is going to record our whole interview, we had no choice but to agree upon. and she explained to me how she was going to do two applications today I-485 to approve my residency and then I-130 to approve my wife's petition. she had both applications on her desk, she looked at them and then said first she was going to do my I-485 for my green card and then she will do I-130. I asked her if I can use her desk on my side to put my 25 files of proofs I have in support my applications, she permitted. then she asked our passports, MD driver license, and my I-94 if I was admitted at any border check point, which I replied yes, then handed her my wife's and then mine. she asked about my POE and year I came to US, if I left US after first entry..

After that she opened my I-485 application and started asking me questions from the form, yes no questions, she asked me all of them.(folks always wait until officer finishes their question before you answer VERY IMPORTENT). she asked me every thing we wrote on the form so please read your form three times.

then she said she going to do the I-130 app. and directed questions towards my wife, her name, add, DOB,SS number. my full name, add and DOB.

where I was born, my wife told her name of my home country but officer asked her what city, the officer asked me my wife's full name, add, DOB, place she was born, and how many kids I have? to that replied 4, one my biological and three step kids, she asked me their names and date of birth, she was ticking every Colum according to my reply.

once I-130 was complete she looked at us and asked so how you guys meet? I told her where we met what month we went out and every thing happened until now, only month and year no specific date except marriage. she asked few tiny questions to my wife in between, she wrote everything I said.

then she asked me if I have anything else for her to support our application, I gave her our Joint bank statement, joint car insurance, joint at&t bill, all for last 6 months. forgot to give her our Pictures and proof of money I send to my son back home. she never asked to look at our album.

she asked us do we have any questions which we replied no. then she told me that she going to approve my application but after doing my back ground check,

and she informed me that they don't approve application in this office on the spot so she can not stamp my passport,coz they have to do back ground check and review the file one more time before she approve it, she told me I should receive my GC in mail in two weeks after receiving the welcome letter, then she explained ROC procedure to me, I thanked officer for her patience with us and she thanked us for coming. officer asked me again if I have any questions for her I said no and thanked her again. she walked us out the door at 10:50.

I couldn't ask for any better luck.

I just wanna thank to all the VJ members from the bottom of my heart who supported us during this process, and specially Newacct , his suggestions are based on facts and to the point so folks if you have any questions bother him, not trying to undermine anyone's else's contribution to this site.

Best of luck to your journey future VJers.

Hey Folks,

I'm sorry for late update, I went to work after the interview and lunch with my wife.

we got there at 9:30 for 10:06 appointment, went inside after security check and had to get in to the line once inside to notify them that we are here, person at the front window gave us a token which read our number in the queue, our attorney was already in waiting area. At 10:20 officer called my name and took us in to her cabin where she swore us for only truth.

it was our luck that we got probably the nicest officer in Baltimore field office. after oath we were seated.(folks do not sit down until officer tells you to.) then she told us that she is going to record our whole interview, we had no choice but to agree upon. and she explained to me how she was going to do two applications today I-485 to approve my residency and then I-130 to approve my wife's petition. she had both applications on her desk, she looked at them and then said first she was going to do my I-485 for my green card and then she will do I-130. I asked her if I can use her desk on my side to put my 25 files of proofs I have in support my applications, she permitted. then she asked our passports, MD driver license, and my I-94 if I was admitted at any border check point, which I replied yes, then handed her my wife's and then mine. she asked about my POE and year I came to US, if I left US after first entry..

After that she opened my I-485 application and started asking me questions from the form, yes no questions, she asked me all of them.(folks always wait until officer finishes their question before you answer VERY IMPORTENT). she asked me every thing we wrote on the form so please read your form three times.

then she said she going to do the I-130 app. and directed questions towards my wife, her name, add, DOB,SS number. my full name, add and DOB.

where I was born, my wife told her name of my home country but officer asked her what city, the officer asked me my wife's full name, add, DOB, place she was born, and how many kids I have? to that replied 4, one my biological and three step kids, she asked me their names and date of birth, she was ticking every Colum according to my reply.

once I-130 was complete she looked at us and asked so how you guys meet? I told her where we met what month we went out and every thing happened until now, only month and year no specific date except marriage. she asked few tiny questions to my wife in between, she wrote everything I said.

then she asked me if I have anything else for her to support our application, I gave her our Joint bank statement, joint car insurance, joint at&t bill, all for last 6 months. forgot to give her our Pictures and proof of money I send to my son back home. she never asked to look at our album.

she asked us do we have any questions which we replied no. then she told me that she going to approve my application but after doing my back ground check,

and she informed me that they don't approve application in this office on the spot so she can not stamp my passport,coz they have to do back ground check and review the file one more time before she approve it, she told me I should receive my GC in mail in two weeks after receiving the welcome letter, then she explained ROC procedure to me, I thanked officer for her patience with us and she thanked us for coming. officer asked me again if I have any questions for her I said no and thanked her again. she walked us out the door at 10:50.

I just wanna thank to all the VJ members from the bottom of my heart who supported us during this process, and specially Newacct , his suggestions are based on facts and to the point so folks if you have any questions bother him, not trying to undermine anyone's else's contribution to this site.

Congrats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey Folks,

Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello this is my first post (ever!!) so sorry if it is out of place, but just wanted a place to share the experience of our visa journey.

March 25 - sent AOS application

- received RFE notice

April 24 - RFE received by USCIS

- did biometrics testing

early June - EAD approved and card received

I thought it was weird that our biometrics was so early but that we haven't heard anything else since then.

:clock: I'm glad my spouse can work for now, but it's still nerve-racking not knowing where this is going at all.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

March 25 - sent AOS application

- received RFE notice

April 24 - RFE received by USCIS

- did biometrics testing

early June - EAD approved and card received

Update!!!

On Dec 8, we received notice that our interview is scheduled for early January!! :star:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anybody else except me waiting for the interview in this group?

------

I-130 (as part of IR-5 process) - USCIS (Nebraska Service Center)

06/09/14 - sent I-130

06/14/14 - NOA 1

11/14/14 - NOA 2 (5 months)

AOS (Local Office: Denver)

03/24/15 - AOS packet sent via USPS Priority Mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131 w/ approved I-130)

03/26/15 - package delivered according to USPS website

04/01/15 - email notifying the AOS package has been received

04/02/15 - an AOS fee withdrawn from a bank account

04/09/15 - received hard copies of all three NOAs (NOAs dated 04/01/15)

04/28/15 - Biometrics

05/08/15 - online status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

05/18/15 - online status changed to I-765 approved-wait the card in the mail (no change for I-131) (80 days)

05/19/15 - received EAD/AP in the mail

05/28/15 - online status changed to "As of June 28, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." This is the second time of such change since 05/08/15.

07/05/15 - online status changed to "As of July 5, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." How many times are they going to update that status, I wonder?

12/18/15 - still waiting!!! For almost 9 months now (261 days from AOS NOA, 234 days from Biometrics).

01/14/16 - submitted "out-of-normal processing time" inquiry and called USCIS that stated the case is still at NBC and "inquiry" should answer why there is such delay.

01/15/16 - 294 days since the AOS was received by the USCIS; 262 days from the biometrics.

01/28/16 - [day 309] received response to case status inquiry (processed on 01/23/15) - "your case is waiting to be scheduled for interview," so wait another 90 days [sigh].

02/21/16 - [day 332] interview scheduled for 03/24/16 [363 days from the receipt of petition].

02/24/16 - [day 363] AOS interview. Approval on the spot.

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Received my green card in the mail today. 6+ month journey comes to an end. So relieved. Best of luck everyone.

Am sooooo happy for you-i remember we started this journey almost the same time with you. I had the same frustrations as you:(

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.