March 2015 I-130 for parents filers

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Updating time line and this is my first post

USCIS

March 02, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 09, 2015 - Priority date.

March 16, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

03/09/2015- I-130 NOA1

08/05/2015- I-130 NOA2

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Updating time line and this is my first post

USCIS

March 02, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 09, 2015 - Priority date.

March 16, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

Welcome to the group. Things seemed stagnant but Nebraska and California seem to be moving so keep your fingers crossed.

USCIS

March 24, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 27, 2015 - Received date.

March 27, 2015 - Priority date.

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

April 1, 2015 - Check Cashed

April 4, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

August 25, 2015 - Case transferred to another service center.

September 21, 2015 - Case status change to RFE.

September 21, 2015 - Received RFE in the mail.

September 23, 2015 - Response to RFE sent.

September 28, 2015 - Response to RFE received by USCIS.

November 16, 2015 - 2nd RFE received in the mail.

November 19, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE sent.

November 23, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE received by USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I sent my I-130 for my mom in January. NOA 1 is 01.23.2015 and I'm still waiting for NOA 2(Texas Service center)....it's already 4 months and 19 days. :cry:

My Timeline N-400 Newark NJ:

11/17/2009 Green Card Date

08/21/2014 Documents sent to TX office

08/27/2014 Check cashed

09/02/2014 NOA received

09/12/2014 Biometric letter received

09/26/2014 Biometric date

10/06/2014 Yellow letter received

10/17/2014 In line for interview

12/06/2014 Interview message notification received

12/12/2014 Interview letter received

01/12/2015 Interview and Oath ceremony

IR-5 for my mother

USCIS

01/17/2015 I-130 sent to USCIS

01/23/2015 NOA I (Texas Service Center)

06/12/2015 NOA 2 I-130 approved

06/22/2015 case sent to NVC

NVC

06/30/2015 case received

07/21/2015 case# and invoice# received via the phone, case# was assigned on 07/13/2015

07/21/2015 DS-261 completed online

07/27/2015 AOS fee paid

08/11/2015 IV fee paid

08/14/2015 DS 260 completed

08/14/2015 AOS&IV packages sent

08/17/2015 AOS&IV packages delivered to NVC

08/20/2015 Scan Date

09/04/2015 Case completed

09/10/2015 interview scheduled for 10/27/2015

10/12/2015 Medical scheduled

11/20/2015 POE New York :dancing:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I am glad somebody started a thread for parents immigration journey. I sent my parent's I130 2/18/19. My dad's PD is 2/24/15 and my mom's PD is 2/23/15. Both cases were routed to the Nebraska service Center. I have already conditioned my mind that this process will take about 5 months for approval. But to my surprise, both cases were approved by USCIS on 3/30/15. I received email confirmation 3/31/15 around 0600. Their cases are now in NVC at this time. We are all stuck in this stage pretty much:K1,CR1, etc. Case # and Invoice # assigned 4/23/15, received NVC Welcome Letter 4/27/15. Signed in to the CEAC website and assigned Choice of Agent. I also paid the AOS fee the same day. I sent both the AOS and IV package 5/8/15. 5/12/15, I called NVC to assign Choice of Agent by phone since it has been 3 weeks since I paid the AOS fee. I also tole representative that my IV fee hasn't been invoiced (May has been the month that a lot of people are unable to log in to pay anything). 5/13/15 I received an email regarding my IV fee being invoiced. Then, 5/15/15, I received an email that NVC has already received both AOS and IV package for my parents. I waited almost a week to see if I can pay online but unsuccessful. I went ahead and sent my IV fee with the invoice 5/21/15. It was received 5/28/15. Received the email confirmation 6/7/15. Until now, it still says PAY NOW.

I have already called NVC twice this month: 6/4/15 I asked NVC representative about the IV payment, told me that it was cleared 5/28/15. I was told to just keep logging in to check if I can access DS260. He also told me that the website will be fixed by June 13. He said that if by June 15 I am still unable to log in, I have to call 602-334-0888 for technical support to unlock both cases. I could not wait for June 13 or June 15 so I called the number given to me. The first two calls I made didn't go though. It just ended as soon as it was dialed. I was like "Is this some kind of a joke? I can't even get through!" The third time I dialed the number, I waiter for about 20 minutes. When I spoke with an agent, she got both case numbers and will send it tickets for both to a tech support to fix the problem. So, here I am still waiting. I want to complain about how slow it has been at this stage. But then, I have read a lot of posts here that had been waiting for months. I feel sorry for them that they had to wait too long. I am still thankful that I am just now waiting for the DS 260 form.

I know everybody wants to be with their loved ones, I do too! I had been away from my parents for a decade now. I miss them a lot, I still have siblings at home but all grown up now. My parents are just enjoying their precious time taking care of their first grandchild who is about to turn 3 in July. That is what's keeping them busy while we wait. I am hoping to be able to bring them here by September or October. I have a feeling that their interview will not be until either end of August or September.

Hope that the website will be up and running June 13 as told.

Hi! I am glad somebody started a thread for parents immigration journey. I sent my parent's I130 2/18/19. My dad's PD is 2/24/15 and my mom's PD is 2/23/15. Both cases were routed to the Nebraska service Center. I have already conditioned my mind that this process will take about 5 months for approval. But to my surprise, both cases were approved by USCIS on 3/30/15. I received email confirmation 3/31/15 around 0600. Their cases are now in NVC at this time. We are all stuck in this stage pretty much:K1,CR1, etc. Case # and Invoice # assigned 4/23/15, received NVC Welcome Letter 4/27/15. Signed in to the CEAC website and assigned Choice of Agent. I also paid the AOS fee the same day. I sent both the AOS and IV package 5/8/15. 5/12/15, I called NVC to assign Choice of Agent by phone since it has been 3 weeks since I paid the AOS fee. I also tole representative that my IV fee hasn't been invoiced (May has been the month that a lot of people are unable to log in to pay anything). 5/13/15 I received an email regarding my IV fee being invoiced. Then, 5/15/15, I received an email that NVC has already received both AOS and IV package for my parents. I waited almost a week to see if I can pay online but unsuccessful. I went ahead and sent my IV fee with the invoice 5/21/15. It was received 5/28/15. Received the email confirmation 6/7/15. Until now, it still says PAY NOW.

I have already called NVC twice this month: 6/4/15 I asked NVC representative about the IV payment, told me that it was cleared 5/28/15. I was told to just keep logging in to check if I can access DS260. He also told me that the website will be fixed by June 13. He said that if by June 15 I am still unable to log in, I have to call 602-334-0888 for technical support to unlock both cases. I could not wait for June 13 or June 15 so I called the number given to me. The first two calls I made didn't go though. It just ended as soon as it was dialed. I was like "Is this some kind of a joke? I can't even get through!" The third time I dialed the number, I waiter for about 20 minutes. When I spoke with an agent, she got both case numbers and will send it tickets for both to a tech support to fix the problem. So, here I am still waiting. I want to complain about how slow it has been at this stage. But then, I have read a lot of posts here that had been waiting for months. I feel sorry for them that they had to wait too long. I am still thankful that I am just now waiting for the DS 260 form.

I know everybody wants to be with their loved ones, I do too! I had been away from my parents for a decade now. I miss them a lot, I still have siblings at home but all grown up now. My parents are just enjoying their precious time taking care of their first grandchild who is about to turn 3 in July. That is what's keeping them busy while we wait. I am hoping to be able to bring them here by September or October. I have a feeling that their interview will not be until either end of August or September.

Hope that the website will be up and running June 13 as told.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, i just wanna ask a question. Im a USC and im trying to get my mom from the philippines. What will i send aside from I130?? do i need to send the aafidavit of sponsorhip[?? thanks in advance

Timeline

Fill out the I130 form, send the payment of $420 with the following documents: copy of your naturalization certificate, copy of your unexpired passort, your birth certificate and your mom's birth certificate. You do not have to file the AOS at this time. Once your petition gets approved by the USCIS, it will be sent to NVC. This is the time when you have to fill out the AOS. You will have to wait until the NVC sends you a welcome packet that has the case number and invoice number you will be needing for payments and forms later on. Once you send your I130 packet, you can start gathering financial documents for the next stage: IRS tax transcript (I sent the last 3 years), employment letter would be good as well same as 6 months worth of pay stubs. If your income meets the poverty guideline, then you will fine. But if it falls below the poverty guideline, then, you have to find a co-sponsor. Your husband or another relative who is willing to be one. You can check the poverty guideline at the uscis website or you can google it. For now, refer to the uscis website for instructions. Good Luck!!!???

Edited by Katniss

Fill out the I130 form, send the payment of $420 with the following documents: copy of your naturalization certificate, copy of your unexpired passort, your birth certificate and your mom's birth certificate. You do not have to file the AOS at this time. Once your petition gets approved by the USCIS, it will be sent to NVC. This is the time when you have to fill out the AOS. You will have to wait until the NVC sends you a welcome packet that has the case number and invoice number you will be needing for payments and forms later on. Once you send your I130 packet, you can start gathering financial documents for the next stage: IRS tax transcript (I sent the last 3 years), employment letter would be good as well same as 6 months worth of pay stubs. If your income meets the poverty guideline, then you will fine. But if it falls below the poverty guideline, then, you have to find a co-sponsor. Your husband or another relative who is willing to be one. You can check the poverty guideline at the uscis website or you can google it. For now, refer to the uscis website for instructions. Good Luck!!!???

Thanks for the quick reply. The AOS application processing is when she arrived here in US right??

SO i need to send my US passport right or philippine passport? i just got my citizenship, i still dont my US passport.

Timeline

No. Before she even gets here, you would have filed for her Affidavit of Support. Since you already got your citizenship, it will be better for you to obtain a US passport. You will just send a photocopy of passport where you have your picture and biographical information.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline

I am applying for my parents, can someone please help in answering some questions:

1.) Do I have to send passport size photographs for them??

2.) In the Family Name section for mother, do I put her current last name or her maiden name before marriage??
3.) And I have heard that for the mother's petition; I only have to attach copy of my birth certificate showing her name. But, for father's petition, I have to attach an additional document (my parent's marriage certificate) proving they were married before my birth. Is that correct?

God Bless Everyone and Good Luck with the process!

Our indebtedness to our parents is so immense that it is not possible to repay it fully. In lieu of this, it becomes obligatory for us to show the utmost kindness, respect, and obedience to our parents.

Edited by Insaf311

Timeline

I am applying for my parents, can someone please help in answering some questions:

1.) Do I have to send passport size photographs for them??

2.) In the Family Name section for mother, do I put her current last name or her maiden name before marriage??

3.) And I have heard that for the mother's petition; I only have to attach copy of my birth certificate showing her name. But, for father's petition, I have to attach an additional document (my parent's marriage certificate) proving they were married before my birth. Is that correct?

God Bless Everyone and Good Luck with the process!

Our indebtedness to our parents is so immense that it is not possible to repay it fully. In lieu of this, it becomes obligatory for us to show the utmost kindness, respect, and obedience to our parents.

At the USCIS stage, you do not need the photographs yet.

For your mother, you need to submit your birth certificate.

For your father, you need to submit your birth certificate and your mom and dad's marriage certificate.

To find out more about requirements, you can visit the uscis website at www.uscis.gov

Hope that helps. ???

For your father, you need to submit your birth certificate and your mom and dad's marriage certificate.

To find out more about requirements, you can visit the uscis website at www.uscis.gov

Hope that helps. ???

Thank You Katniss :)

Hope that helps. ???

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of petitioning my mom since she is already here with a tourist visa.

However, I am moving to a diff country (military orders) next month, so she will have

to stay with my brother in Texas. (I have done my research regarding this and

since it is a military move, I will still be able to petition her because my country of

domicile is still the USA).

Question is, which address should I use as her address on her forms? I know for

sure the part where "she intends to live in" will be my brother's. But will her

current address be my address since she is with me as of now? Then, just file for

a change of address when I live and she moves with him?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.