Jump to content

Work permit for tourist

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I thought you were getting married?

Need to talk to the Employers Immigration Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

What are the steps to get work permit when you entered the US under tourist visa? Is a small home cAre facility can apply for a work permit to the tourist or can file a petition?


What happened to getting marry and adjusting?

Problem 1. No way are you going to get a work permit after overstaying the tourist visa. Overstays are not forgiven with a work visa.

Problem 2. No way will you get a work visa to provide home care. There are plenty of Americans for these unskilled jobs.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

To obtain a work permit you must either have an adjustment of status application pending or the employer has to sponsor you for a work visa. Unless you have some unusual skills, a high education level, or are willing to do transient work such as picking crops the chances of obtaining a work visa are virtually zero.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.