Umka36

Adoptee from South Korea faces deportation from US

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you probably came here because you wanted to. Being sent to another country that you have not live in and do not want to go because of mistake your parent made is not the same

Boiler was an innocent child once? Pics or it never happened

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

you probably came here because you wanted to. Being sent to another country that you have not live in and do not want to go because of mistake your parent made is not the same

He is getting deported due to his own criminal activities.

Makes you wonder on what basis he applied for a GC. Article did not say.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If any of us had his rap sheet we would not legally be in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I am a citizen. Kind of hard to make a citizen "not legally be in the US" but I think your point is worthy. Question is when the US government allowed this young child to be taken from his homeland and brought here to be one of our sons, did they not make provision for his citizenship? If it is really just the technicality that these goofball parents did not understand or care to avail themselves of his rights to apply for citizenship, the law and the process should fix that injustice.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

The basic he apply for green card was that he was adopted and bought overhere when he was if the adoptee people would of been good parents then maybe his life would of been diffrent.

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There are more than enough children in care looking for good homes in the US, there is no need to import, especially from another first world country.

I'm pretty sure South Korea wasn't a first world country forty years ago.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am a citizen. Kind of hard to make a citizen "not legally be in the US" but I think your point is worthy. Question is when the US government allowed this young child to be taken from his homeland and brought here to be one of our sons, did they not make provision for his citizenship? If it is really just the technicality that these goofball parents did not understand or care to avail themselves of his rights to apply for citizenship, the law and the process should fix that injustice.

I'm not sure it's even a question. If the criminal behaviour arose from the child's original abandonment and subsequent abuse then it seems obvious that there are mitigating factors at work. Even a child born with US citizenship is still a US citizen, regardless of what crimes they happen to commit. The difference here is had the child not been adopted and brought to the USA his life would likely have been much different.

However the legal process and casual observers (hence some of the comments on the thread here) view anyone with a criminal history as trash that should be flushed down the toilet.

It's not justice to perpetuate injustice.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That is really the point of all this. This is news because it is one of those bizarre incidents of someone spending their lives in immigration limbo. The issue really is not whether to deport this individual. At this point for all purpose and intent he's an American and belongs here. He was brought up in this country and this is the only country he has ever known. The newsworthiness of the copy is that this is one of those instances in which common sense should prevail over existing laws. Hopefully due process will show just that.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I'm not sure it's even a question. If the criminal behaviour arose from the child's original abandonment and subsequent abuse then it seems obvious that there are mitigating factors at work. Even a child born with US citizenship is still a US citizen, regardless of what crimes they happen to commit. The difference here is had the child not been adopted and brought to the USA his life would likely have been much different.

However the legal process and casual observers (hence some of the comments on the thread here) view anyone with a criminal history as trash that should be flushed down the toilet.

It's not justice to perpetuate injustice.

I agree, its not a question in my mind either..I was being generous to the ultra legalistic among us

Timeline

I'm pretty sure South Korea wasn't a first world country forty years ago.

In 1975 South Korea had 1/10 the gdp of Japan and the US. But that has nothing to do with the injustice we are discussing

GDP per Capita (US$)

Country 1975 1980 1985 1990 1998

South Korea 2,894 3,766 5,190 7,967 11,123

United States 19,364 21,529 23,200 25,363 29,683

Japan 23,296 27,672 31,588 38,713 42,081

China 138 168 261 349 727

SOURCE: United Nations. Human Development Report 2000; Trends in human development and per capita income.

Read more: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Asia-and-the-Pacific/Korea-South-POVERTY-AND-WEALTH.html#ixzz3WA4GMrZC

Filed: Timeline

Its about cultural identity, regardless of the bureaucracy involved. Someone who lives in one nation for 3 years will not have the cultural identity of that nation. It takes 15 years +.

I'm in the camp that any minor brought to our country should be allowed to stay. I'm also in the camp that the guardian involved needs to be held accountable.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Link, please. ?

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Adoption by US citizens led to the GC.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)