Kaptan

Point of entry

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

I just have a couple of questions about the point of entry into the U.S. following the immigrant visa stamps on our passports:

1) Does it matter which city we fly to, i.e. does it have to be the same one where our green cards will be mailed to or is it completely up to us to decide?

2) Is there another interview we need to "pass" at the point of entry, i.e. will we need to justify again why we are immigrating into the U.S, what we will be doing, etc? If so, are there "tougher" or "easier" cities to fly into, based on your own experiences as well as those of others?

TIA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

1) It does not matter what port or point of entry you choose to enter the US! Any will do.

2) Not necessarily! They may just ask a couple of basic questions unless of course something suspicious shows up!

Enjoy your travels and Welcome to the USA!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Your POE doesn't have to be where you will be residing. Think. most cities and town do not have airports. You aren't both immigrating, so only the person with the visa will be questioned. They will ask questions, it could only be a few questions or it could be more in depth. No one can tell you with any certainly what or how much will be asked or which POE would be tougher or easier. Either way I'm not sure why you would be concerned, as long as your relationship is legit and you answer truthfully you won't have any problems.

Hi,

I just have a couple of questions about the point of entry into the U.S. following the immigrant visa stamps on our passports:

1) Does it matter which city we fly to, i.e. does it have to be the same one where our green cards will be mailed to or is it completely up to us to decide?

2) Is there another interview we need to "pass" at the point of entry, i.e. will we need to justify again why we are immigrating into the U.S, what we will be doing, etc? If so, are there "tougher" or "easier" cities to fly into, based on your own experiences as well as those of others?

TIA

Assuming you are on diversity visas (.so some of the answers above are not relevant eg relationship):

- you can enter at any POE, does not have to be the same as the address on your DS260.

- you are unlikely to get asked any "interview type" questions. DV is straightforward once you have the visa. All we got was "cool, so you won the lottery" "I'm from the same area as the address on your DS" and "welcome to the U.S." :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.