gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just called NVC again, got right through but not there yet. She sounded a bit miffed at me! Ooops, hahahaha.

Huuhuuhuu for her. Make her do her job. If it is after 10 days, I would call every day.

Timeline

3 years of federal return is better than 1 year federal return right? when you get interview it's better to have it there than coming back to the embassy again.

I would agree. Better to have more than what they are asking for than not enough.

I have heard if self employed you only need last year's returns. I do know that the AGI needs to exceed the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your state, including your fiance(e) as a dependent. For example, I have two kids, so I need to exceed the income for a family of four.

This can be an issue for a lot of self employed people. We try and keep the income down to keep the tax down, so it can be a slippery slope. I have seen millionaires that use all of the tax loopholes and report a loss, so they would be screwed. For the past two years, the directive to my accountant was to be sure to exceed that figure, regardless of the tax. I also have a 1099 (which will be included) that far exceeds the guidelines, so there will be a letter included from my accountant stating that all documents are true and correct and that I only draw money from the business to cover household expenses and the remainder is invested back into the business to grow the business

So my checklist is:

• Last 3 years tax returns
  • Last 12 months bank statements
  • Last 3 years 1099's
  • Letter from accountant
  • Cover letter, of course

Bottom line is give them too many reasons to say yes and no reason to say no.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I agree with gtessier, over prepare is always good... I just called NVC today and was told the just recieved the paper work today and that it could take up to 42 days for them to get it in the system. I just said, thank you and have a wonderful day. I'm glad they got it :)

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several bickering/"wounded-animal" posts from a few pages back have been removed. Leaning on each other is more productive than the alternative.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I just called NVC today and was told the just recieved the paper work today and that it could take up to 42 days for them to get it in the system. I just said, thank you and have a wonderful day. I'm glad they got it :)

I doubt it will take them 42 days. But another thread said he received his NVC hardcopy after his fiancée had arrived stateside!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh dear, I hope one year of tax returns is enough - my ex has all the previous years and it would not be an easy thing to get from him. :(

Oh dear, I hope one year of tax returns is enough - my ex has all the previous years and it would not be an easy thing to get from him. :(

You don't need to contact the ex! You can get a transcript from the IRS. That may be preferable since the officer knows that is what you have filed, not just what you would like to show them.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Why do people have to be like that? I also have an uncooperative ex that will be a pain in the backside just for the sake of being a pain in the backside. Sometimes you need to get creative to do and end around and get things you need.

In this situation, I would just contact the accountant that did the taxes and get a copy. If you/he did them online using something like TurboTax, I'm not sure how you get a hard copy, especially if he has the login info.

Timeline

Why do people have to be like that? I also have an uncooperative ex that will be a pain in the backside just for the sake of being a pain in the backside. Sometimes you need to get creative to do and end around and get things you need.

In this situation, I would just contact the accountant that did the taxes and get a copy. If you/he did them online using something like TurboTax, I'm not sure how you get a hard copy, especially if he has the login info.

This is exactly the case - he is very difficult to work with. And yes, he did them all online using TurboTax and I have no idea what the login info would be :( I do have this year's copy, but getting the past 2 may prove really hard.

Edited by nancyandissam

Looked up the case in CEAC website and it says: Ready. The message reads: Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

What does Ready mean exactly?

Fiance is still stuck in Yemen and we never added an address to the 1-129 application, so we're kind of hoping it doesn't get lost in a black hole somewhere. Advise?

What does Ready mean exactly?

Fiance is still stuck in Yemen and we never added an address to the 1-129 application, so we're kind of hoping it doesn't get lost in a black hole somewhere. Advise?

It means your case is already at the us consulate in malaysia. And youre already at the next stage of the process. :)

goodluck!

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

I would suggest you pay the embassy fiance visa fee, then contact the embassy via email. I was following a timeline that was updated today that said the embassy received the case in late December and they scheduled the interview just a few days ago That was the Islamabad embassy, so they may have been busy or the couple may have intentionally delayed the interview for their plans. The embassy may give you generous lee-way on when he can schedule the interview; especially given your situation.

Signature coming soon...

This is exactly the case - he is very difficult to work with. And yes, he did them all online using TurboTax and I have no idea what the login info would be :( I do have this year's copy, but getting the past 2 may prove really hard.

You don't need log in credentials. You can request a copy of your transcripts on irs.gov even electronically or mail in the For 4506-T. It is free and arrives timely.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Oh goodness. I tried to go online and order transcripts online - well they have an account tied to my SSN which of course is linked to his email and I had no idea the password. Okay, so I called the IRS to get copies of the transcripts and it was all automated, couldn't talk to a humanoid. I put in my SSN and the street address where I live now. Of course I wasn't in the system because my ex filed for us together electronically from his address. So I called back and put in his (my old) address. Ok, good it's there. But they said transcripts were unavailable from 2012, 2013 and 2014. What??? So the robo voice asked if I wanted copies of the account information from these years. I said ok and they said those would be there in 5-10 days. BUT THEY'RE GOING TO HIS ADDRESS! YIKES!!!! Now what?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh goodness. I tried to go online and order transcripts online - well they have an account tied to my SSN which of course is linked to his email and I had no idea the password. Okay, so I called the IRS to get copies of the transcripts and it was all automated, couldn't talk to a humanoid. I put in my SSN and the street address where I live now. Of course I wasn't in the system because my ex filed for us together electronically from his address. So I called back and put in his (my old) address. Ok, good it's there. But they said transcripts were unavailable from 2012, 2013 and 2014. What??? So the robo voice asked if I wanted copies of the account information from these years. I said ok and they said those would be there in 5-10 days. BUT THEY'RE GOING TO HIS ADDRESS! YIKES!!!! Now what?

Time to go to the IRS building nearest you. Here in my area you can go to the local office, draw a number, and wait to talk to an agent.

Click for K1 info

03/25/2015...........Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox
03/30/2015...........Electronic NOA1 ( sent to CSC )
05/08/2015...........Electronic NOA2 ( approved !! )
05/27/2015...........NVC received
05/29/2015...........NVC case# assigned
06/03/2015...........In transit to Kiev
06/09/2015...........Status Ready (received email from consulate)
07/03/2015...........Medical
07/09/2015...........Interview (Administrative Processing for missing Canadian Police Certificate)
07/30/2015...........Delivered Canadian Police Certificate to Embassy
07/31/2015...........Approved!!!
08/04/2015...........Visa in Hand!
08/07/2015...........Entry into US :D
08/28/2015...........Married!!

AOS

01/20/2016..........AOS package arrived
01/22/2016..........Electronic NOA1 (3)
01/27/2016..........NOA1 letters arrive
02/05/2016..........Biometrics letter received
02/19/2016..........Biometrics appointment

04/01/2016..........EAD and AP approved

04/04/2016..........Green Card Approved

04/06/2016..........EAD and Green Card Mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.