gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

HeyM, we have a thread (maybe two) about the caseload transfer from TSC to CSC. Petitioners that filed in August or September 2014 are waiting on the edge of their seats seeing if their cases will get touched soon too! Unfortunately, no word on those neglected cases yet. Count yourself fortune!

Signature coming soon...

I think will get our apps see first right?

We shall see. I'm wondering if it's possible that our petition might get touched in two weeks. The Texas cases may already be sent off, and if that is so, I will probably be behind the transfers. But if I need to wait, then at least our petition is high on the list.

No matter what, I'm just glad we are in and our journey finally started! We've had to overcome a lot just to get to this point! When we can start our married life, looking at this time in the past will just be a memory...

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Late to the party (not unusual for me :rolleyes: ). I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll go back and do so after I post this. I'm glad we have a thread just for March posters, so we can track how everyone's process is and provide lots of moral support! Lol!

We sent ours on the 20th and got the NOA1 on the 26th and it was routed to CSC even though I live in Florida. When I went on the USCIS website to check on it, it said it was updated yesterday. Do you think that means that CSC received it yesterday?

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

so they send a email when one received noa2? I just got one so far that's saying case recieved. this was on march 25th and the mail came 27th. I need the noa1 first I'm guessing

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Hi All,

Just spent an hour or so reading through this entire thread :)

I'm a late March filer - our package was received at the lockbox on Match 27, and today we got an email that our package was received by the California center on March 30.

My fiancee is originally from Kansas, however both of us live in France at the moment, so I don't know if we were supposed to be with TSC or CSC to begin with.

Will keep you all updated on our journey, and hope for a quick processing time to all you!

Asaf

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I to am a March filler while reading you initial post and noticing your time frame i felt i was reading my story. NOA1 TO NOA2 went quik. Im waiting on NVC now.

I to am a March filler while reading you initial post and noticing your time frame i felt i was reading my story. NOA1 TO NOA2 went quik. Im waiting on NVC now.

Timeline

what means quick in your case ?? I've got this now as I wanted to look for an update

At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just found this thread.. I sent mine off March 25th and got NOA1 saying was sent to CSC on March 30th. :)

Click for K1 info

03/25/2015...........Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox
03/30/2015...........Electronic NOA1 ( sent to CSC )
05/08/2015...........Electronic NOA2 ( approved !! )
05/27/2015...........NVC received
05/29/2015...........NVC case# assigned
06/03/2015...........In transit to Kiev
06/09/2015...........Status Ready (received email from consulate)
07/03/2015...........Medical
07/09/2015...........Interview (Administrative Processing for missing Canadian Police Certificate)
07/30/2015...........Delivered Canadian Police Certificate to Embassy
07/31/2015...........Approved!!!
08/04/2015...........Visa in Hand!
08/07/2015...........Entry into US :D
08/28/2015...........Married!!

AOS

01/20/2016..........AOS package arrived
01/22/2016..........Electronic NOA1 (3)
01/27/2016..........NOA1 letters arrive
02/05/2016..........Biometrics letter received
02/19/2016..........Biometrics appointment

04/01/2016..........EAD and AP approved

04/04/2016..........Green Card Approved

04/06/2016..........EAD and Green Card Mailed

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what means quick in your case ?? I've got this now as I wanted to look for an updatearrow-10x10.png

At this time USCIS cannot provide you with informationarrow-10x10.png for your case. Please contactarrow-10x10.png the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.

What i mean quick in my case is that Looking at others VJjtimelines my application was accepted and sent to NVC quickly as in two weeks. where as others i had noticed took a month or longer.

Timeline

What i mean quick in my case is that Looking at others VJjtimelines my application was accepted and sent to NVC quickly as in two weeks. where as others i had noticed took a month or longer.

woha this was more than quick :D this was super fast :o . what u do that they've been that fast with your case o.O :D

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Amhara,

I definitely feel lucky to have gotten our case sent to CSC. After reading so much about how slow the TSC is, and that Alabama usually goes there, I've been super stressed about how everything is going to work out trying to get my guy over and plan a wedding. I have to let my church know at least 6 months in advance to reserve a date and get marriage prep in, so I was worried about the visa and not knowing when it would be ready. Can't pick a date if we don't know if my guy will be able to be in the country at that time!

I hope the TSC starts going more quickly so everyone can be with their loved ones as soon as possible!

K-1 Visa Timeline

April 15, 2014 - Met online

August 23, 2014 - Met in person! M. comes over to visit me in US for a week.

January 31, 2015 - I go over to UK to visit M. for three weeks.

March 28, 2015 - Sent I-129F packet to Dallas

March 31, 2015 - Received at Dallas Lockbox, sent to CSC

April 2, 2015 - NOA1 email/text notification received

April 3, 2015 - Check cashed

April 8, 2015 - NOA1 hardcopy received in mail

May 6, 2015 - NOA2 email notification received (34 days from NOA1)

May 16, 2015 - M. comes over for another visit in the US for two weeks

May 19, 2015 - Officially engaged!!

June 4, 2015 - M. receives packet 3 from London Embassy

July 17, 2015 - M.'s medical in London

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Amhara,

I definitely feel lucky to have gotten our case sent to CSC. After reading so much about how slow the TSC is, and that Alabama usually goes there, I've been super stressed about how everything is going to work out trying to get my guy over and plan a wedding. I have to let my church know at least 6 months in advance to reserve a date and get marriage prep in, so I was worried about the visa and not knowing when it would be ready. Can't pick a date if we don't know if my guy will be able to be in the country at that time!

I hope the TSC starts going more quickly so everyone can be with their loved ones as soon as possible!

HeyM,

I am in the same boat. It's so hard to plan a wedding not know when the person will be arriving. My girl is over in Dubai working and she is from the Philippines. I am in Virignia so I was dreading the TSC processing. Then when I got the notice saying my case is being routed to CSC I was a bit relief. What has kept me going is reading here and seeing people get thier NOA1 and then NOA2. Checking dating and then trying to figure out an estimate for us. I am glad we have this forum to be able to ask questions and to find out answers. Of course I am always worried about getting an RFE and having that delay, so I am constantly looking over my copy of the packet making sure I checked everything. It's been very stressful but in the end it will have been all worth it to spend the rest of our life with the person we love.

K1 VISA

• 03.21.15 -- I-129F Filled
  • 03.27.15 -- I-129F Notifications
  • 03.24.15 -- NOA1
  • 04.30.15 -- NOA2
  • 05.04.15 -- NOA2 (hardcopy)
  • 05.12.15 -- NVC Received
  • 05.15.15 -- Left NVC
  • 05.18.15 -- Consulate Received
  • 05.31.15 -- Packet 3 & 4
  • 06.08.15 -- Medical Appointment (passed)
  • 06.24.15 -- Consulate Interview (passed) :dancing:
  • 07.07.15 -- Visa Received
  • 07.08.15 -- US Entry
  • 08.29.15 -- Married (L)(F)

AOS

• 10.08.15 -- Packet Mailed (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 10.13.15 -- Chicago Lackbox Received
  • 10.23.15 -- Received 3 Notifications(txt/e-mail)
  • 10.29.15 -- NOA1 Mail Received (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 11.06.15 -- Biometrics Schedule Received on mail (11.17.15)
  • 11.17.15 -- Biometrics done!
  • 12.15.15 -- AOS Approved!
  • 12.22.15 -- Green Card Received! :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You guys are probably so dang close to approval!!! If your NOA2 is March 9th, then you are probably on the top of the CSC stack. Now we will see if yours gets approved before they start working on the neglected TSC cases. I'll be keeping an eye out for messages!

Its hard to say how these will shake out chronologically. The only thing I can think of is that a supervisor issues batches of files in bundles of maybe 10 at a time to each worker to review. Some will process faster than others and each case is different and would require more or less things such as background checks, etc.

I actually started this post/thread as I was the first March filer to send our application on March 2nd. I got the NOA1 on March 10. There are people that have filed shortly after me and got NOA1 on March 9th and some that have even filed and got their NOA1 later than ours and already gotten the NOA2 this past week. So if all is well. I am execting our NOA2 sometime soon.

Having said this, I need to consider what I mentioned in my first paragraph of this post. Its possible that our file requires a little more diligence on the part of the person reviewing it or possibly the other files with NOA2 already have people reviewing them that work just a little faster.

Another thing to consider is that this is Easter holiday season. I live 20 minutes from the CSC in Laguna Niguel, CA. Here in Orange County, the schools have spring break this past week and also next week. A lot of people that work government jobs have a lot of vacation time accrued and will take a week off during spring break to spend with their kids while they have the time off from school. There's always the chance that my file is on the desk of one of those workers that has this past week off and will get looked at next week.

I connected with a guy from this forum who also has a fiancee' from The Philippines and were processed at CSC. They filed on Jan 3 and got NOA2 in only 16 days. She arrived early last week and were married this past Wednesday. That's about 90 days from sending the application in to rings on their fingers and now being Mr. and Mrs. My first wife and I met in early 2001 and it was 5 months from NOA1 to POE here in the US. Considering the procesing speed of CSC these days, I am hoping for somewhere between this other couple's timeframe and my prior experience. Frankly, I have so much on my plate right now, 90 days would almost seem too quick. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.