RP&SP

March 2015 IR-1/CR-1 filers

616 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It has been 9 days since my application was approved according to the USCIS website. No email, and no hard copy yet... anyone know how long it is supposed to take?

I did however receive my Birth certificate back in the mail today from USCIS.

You should Receive a hardcopy within 2 weeks and a case number within 4 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've searched the forums and I can't find the answers.

My husband and I live together in Spain. I am an American citizen. He is Spanish. We have gotten our NOA2 and we are going through the NVC process. Since both of us work in Spain, we need to get a Joint Sponsor and my father has agreed to do it.

In Part 3 (Information about the immigrant you are sponsoring), since I am going to have a joint sponsor, do I mark YES or NO? There are no family members coming with us from Spain, so I imagine that I can skip 3a-27. In 28, is the number of immigrants I am sponsoring 1? Or is it 0 because technically my father is going to be sponsoring my husband?

For my mailing address, I have put my parent's address in the U.S. because this is what we used for the I-130 mailing address. However my physical address will be in Spain. Is this ok?

The thing that has me the MOST confused is the country of Domicile. Would I put that it is Spain, in this case? Or would it be the U.S., since I have only been living outside the U.S. since 2013? I already have completed a letter that shows that I have a bank account, mailing address, voter registration card in the U.S., however I'm not sure whether with this I am proving that I have U.S. Domicile or that I am re-establishing it. Hence, I don't know what to put in the form. Can someone help?

I have another question about Sponsor's Household Size (PART 5)

If the number is 28 is 1 (person you are sponsoring in this affadavit), and I enter 1 for myself, that's 2. But then if I enter and "1" for my spouse, that's a total of 3 for #8 (household size). That seems really strange, considering that we are counting my husband twice. Is that the way it is supposed to be? Really, my household size is only 2.

Finally, I read somewhere that since I am only earning income abroad, that I should put in Part 6, question 2, that my annual income is $0. Is that correct? That means that since my husband is working in Spain as well, we can't use any of his income either, so question 15 would also be 0?

Sorry, I know it's a TON of questions. But I would forever grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got my hardcopy NOA2 in the mail. I was wondering, does the NVC information packet get sent to the US address, or the abroad address? because my husband has recently moved and we don't want to miss any paperwork.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I just got my hardcopy NOA2 in the mail. I was wondering, does the NVC information packet get sent to the US address, or the abroad address? because my husband has recently moved and we don't want to miss any paperwork.

Hi, Tayjus93;

We have the same timeline, my husband got our hardcopy NOA2 yesterday also, now We need wait 2 or 3 weeks to start call NVC and get our CASE NUMBER and IIN, NVC will send information (NVC Welcome Letter) to the US address, like your NOA2.

10/11/14 Wedding (L)

USCIS

02/21/15 I-130 Petition sent

03/24/15 NOA 1 date

09/03/15 NOA 2 date

09/21/15 Case mailed to NVC

NVC

09/25/15 NVC Received

12/23/15 Case Completed

01/21/16 Medical appointment

02/04/16 Interview date: VISA APPROVED

02/05/16 Visa Issued

02/08/16 Visa in hand

02/29/16 POE Miami, Fl

ROC

01/06/18  I-751 submitted to CSC

01/10/18  NOA1 (extension letter) 

05/24/18  Biometrics appoinment 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, Tayjus93;

We have the same timeline, my husband got our hardcopy NOA2 yesterday also, now We need wait 2 or 3 weeks to start call NVC and get our CASE NUMBER and IIN, NVC will send information (NVC Welcome Letter) to the US address, like your NOA2.

Thank you Diana&Tim, best of luck to you and your process (:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you Diana&Tim, best of luck to you and your process (:

You're welcome, our best wishes to you too. :)

10/11/14 Wedding (L)

USCIS

02/21/15 I-130 Petition sent

03/24/15 NOA 1 date

09/03/15 NOA 2 date

09/21/15 Case mailed to NVC

NVC

09/25/15 NVC Received

12/23/15 Case Completed

01/21/16 Medical appointment

02/04/16 Interview date: VISA APPROVED

02/05/16 Visa Issued

02/08/16 Visa in hand

02/29/16 POE Miami, Fl

ROC

01/06/18  I-751 submitted to CSC

01/10/18  NOA1 (extension letter) 

05/24/18  Biometrics appoinment 

Congrats!

hi KASH2011

thank you so much :)

CONGRATS BILLY& RHEA... :joy::goofy::joy:

hi princess,

thank you so much. dont worry yours will be come out soon. have faith. my hubby and i will praying for that too. :) cant wait to hear good news from u too very soon. :)

Congrats!

hi soba

thank you so much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just got a letter in the mail....

PETITION APPROVED!!!! :joy:

PD: 20th March,

Transferred from VSC to CSC: 21st Aug,

Received at local office: 1st Sept.

Approved: 14th Sept.

Hardcopy came in: 18th Sept.

USCIS Status: Still unchanged

Hope this info helps anyone that's in the same shoe I was in..... Cheers...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just got a letter in the mail....

PETITION APPROVED!!!! :joy:

PD: 20th March,

Transferred from VSC to CSC: 21st Aug,

Received at local office: 1st Sept.

Approved: 14th Sept.

Hardcopy came in: 18th Sept.

USCIS Status: Still unchanged

Hope this info helps anyone that's in the same shoe I was in..... Cheers...

Congratulations on your approval. Thanks for your post, it makes me want to go check my p.o box more often. I just figured USCIS Status would be updated before receiving the Hardcopy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.