610 posts in this topic

I also wanted to add (I put it in before, but my phone must have ate it) that I'm sorry for your losses. This process is hard for multiple reasons but especially hard when you're being pulled in two directions like you have been. Your strength is inspirational and makes your testimony that much stronger. Sending much love to you and your family.

Thank you so very much. It is quite hard to lose someone. I felt so guilty about losing my mother. I keep telling myself, I should have moved back to Memphis, I should have went with my family for Christmas, I keep beating myself up over what happened even though I know there was nothing I could have done to change it. I am glad I can be an inspiration to anyone who is going through this process. Thank you for your love and I am sending you my love as well.

Hi Everyone,

We have another video for America Give me my spouse, where is my spouse!! Yippy! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg5UJltyO6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkV93IZu8o

Also, if you know anyone who is having fiancé problems, I am happy to change this to Spouse/Fiancé because I know there are tons of people having problems with the fiancé visa process as well.

Thank you Amy!

Edited by Janelle2002

It will my dear sweet friend it will then you will be free from all this. :) God willing and just in case I'll be praying on my side. :)

Oh sweet heart I'm so sorry but I'm sure as soon as they are sure they made a huge mistake your husband will get his Visa, just a little longer my dear friend. ((((((((((CrazyHeart))))))))))!

6 am my time Pacific time and I'll be up saying prayers, you have to get that Visa! Much love and hugs.

OMG Janelle, I can't stop crying, my heart just breaks for you and I so know how you feel. I loved your video it was perfect, heart felt and sincere and you are just so beautiful. How I wish I could give you a big hug!!! Just said a prayer for you and wont stop until your husband is home with you. :(

We need to send the link to our Representatives,Senators and Congress persons as soon as possible.

It's my pleasure sweet heart, your very welcome. :)

Well, we can just keep adding them as they come (we I mean you :( sorry) That way we can start now getting the word out instead of waiting. You've seen the subscribe on the videos. You can also ask to subscribe, thumbs up if they like the video and to please share, just a suggestion.

I can't go on video I would freeze and just stare hahaha sorry it's true I'm very shy. Is it ok if I send you our story you can cut out what you wish and you can do the video for me? What do you think? You can add what ever you have forgotten on my video so nothing is lost. :)

Hi Soloenta, absolutely! I will do the best I can. I am not that good at editing, but I will surely try. It is okay if you cry, this is very emotional for us. They need to see we are humans and we bleed, we cry, we laugh. I am praying for you all. And thank you, it's nice that you think I am beautiful. (L):luv:(F)

Janelle...one of the most important things about your videos and those to come is that it put a very human face on the subject. It is so important to be able to connect in a tangible way to those suffering through the legal immigration process and all that comes with it.

Big hugs to you graphics-hugs-115572.gifI started to cry when you spoke about your mother passing away while you were gone. That is my biggest fear as my own mother has severe health issues and it is a miracle that she is still alive at this point. She is also becoming increasingly confused at this point and I am losing these most precious days of being with her. I just missed her 81st birthday and am afraid to hope to spend Mothers Day with her.

This immigration nightmare must end...

Ow my gosh! How cute! Thank you so very much.

This is always a hard subject for me to talk about, especially since her passing was so unexpected. You spend as much time with your mother as possible. I keep thinking I should have told my mother I loved her a million times a day instead of just 5 or 10 times a day.

This nightmare needs to end and we are taking the steps to get it done.

I'll work on putting something together with my wife. I definitely think that making it public now is in our best interest, even if we only have one video. Even if only one person, ever, sees it, then that's one more person on our side.

I also think that, once we get a few videos, we should start sending the link to the channel to liberal news outlets like the HuffPost. I DO think it's important to emphasize, even if we're talking about DACA causing delays that it's not that DACA is the most horrible thing ever--it's that the government agencies in charge did not and have not changed and grown as is needed for a changing world. They are way behind on tech, they do not hire enough people when they know they're going to have a boom. It's OBVIOUS that poor management of the immigration programs is largely at fault here.

By not talking down undocumented migrants in any way, we are more likely to have undocumented people on our side, liberal pro-immigrant people on our side, etc. Maximize allies, whether or not you agree with every potential ally's ideas and viewpoints.

Absolutely. We need to start compiling a list of newspapers and immigration advocate locations we want to send the channel to once we have enough videos. Don't worry, we will not be alone. We will have plenty of videos. We can't hold up picket signs but social media is still just as strong. I can't wait to receive your video.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you so very much. It is quite hard to lose someone. I felt so guilty about losing my mother. I keep telling myself, I should have moved back to Memphis, I should have went with my family for Christmas, I keep beating myself up over what happened even though I know there was nothing I could have done to change it. I am glad I can be an inspiration to anyone who is going through this process. Thank you for your love and I am sending you my love as well.

Hi Everyone,

We have another video for America Give me my spouse, where is my spouse!! Yippy! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg5UJltyO6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkV93IZu8o

Also, if you know anyone who is having fiancé problems, I am happy to change this to Spouse/Fiancé because I know there are tons of people having problems with the fiancé visa process as well.

Thank you Amy!

That's a heavy burden to carry, and one you shouldn't put upon your shoulders. You were trying to do the best for your family, a family that happens to be split between continents. I'm sure your mother knew that you were with her in spirit and that she watches over you and your husband. Sending good thoughts for your healing and strength and that you and your husband are reunited soon.

Our channel is growing! Yaaayyyy I'm almost Internet Famous now! :jest:

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

I love this video it made me cry I wish to give u a hug u have been through alot, Iam going to do a video as well ur video inspired us, I hope this videos will go wide

Thank you so very much! Please send the video whenever you have a chance. The closer we stick together in this process the better we will be. Strength in numbers.

That's a heavy burden to carry, and one you shouldn't put upon your shoulders. You were trying to do the best for your family, a family that happens to be split between continents. I'm sure your mother knew that you were with her in spirit and that she watches over you and your husband. Sending good thoughts for your healing and strength and that you and your husband are reunited soon.

Our channel is growing! Yaaayyyy I'm almost Internet Famous now! :jest:

I know it is a heavy burden. I keep reminding myself she wanted me to be with my husband. If she didn't she wouldn't have flew halfway around the world and spent a week and half in Sri Lanka. We also talked her into riding an elephant. lol

Yes, you are going to be famous. yippy!! :goofy:

Timeline

Ugh! I have a few ideas for your videos, but I have to run to a work meeting. In the meantime, would each of you mind giving me one powerful word that best describes your immigration experience?

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

Ugh! I have a few ideas for your videos, but I have to run to a work meeting. In the meantime, would each of you mind giving me one powerful word that best describes your immigration experience?

daunting -

verb (used with object)

to overcome with fear; intimidate:
to daunt one's adversaries.
to lessen the courage of; dishearten:
Don't be daunted by the amount of work still to be done.

Timeline

dehumanizing

v.t. -ized, -iz•ing.

to deprive of human qualities or attributes; divest of individuality.
Edited by IslAmy

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Filed: Other Timeline

I have done the first video for, "America, where is my spouse?" Who would like to go next to upload a video or words?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_22rI9NPi4

Let me know what you think?

Janelle, your video captures the torture and heartache that those of us feel who choose the legal path for American immigration, and get delayed, denied, with an endless sea of hurdles. I share your story. I share your pain. We can make it together. I am with you!

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ON DACA I wont say what I feel but it is the governments fault since it's they that put them in front of the line and I'm sorry but that is just wrong! You go to the end of the line just like we did.

The government is DEFINITELY at fault. There should have been transparency in how applications would be processed and slotted into wait times. Sufficient temporary or longterm workers should have been hired to allow for a boom in applications. This perhaps would mean opening up shuttered government owned structures and setting up temporary offices. This perhaps would mean hiring a whole bunch of temps. This would mean slotting applicants in wait times on a first come, first served basis at BEST and yes, ensuring that people applying before arrival got priority over those who had already arrived.

The government failed to do any of this. The government has failed to update application protocols to streamline the process--other countries have managed this! The government is at fault. DACA and DAPA applicants are not at fault for government mistakes.

The government's lack of priority on making the immigration process transparent and fair and ensuring labour laws are followed are the biggest reasons why the US needs DACA and DAPA in the first place, imo. They created the problem of undocumented migrants by a) making it very difficult to successfully navigate the immigration process in a timely manner and b) failing to ensure that businesses are treating workers fairly--this means paying a legal wage and hiring workers with the legal right to work. When companies hire people under the table so that they can pay less to a worker, they should be prosecuted very strictly.

DAPA and DACA are necessary because the government has been failing at their jobs for YEARS.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.