Mr & Mrs. RC

F2A PD February 2014 to May 2014 update

471 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have completed DS 261.

PD 03 JUNE 2014

What do I do now?

Pay AOS fee, when it says PAID you can submit AOS & IV packet at the NVC while waiting for the IV fee to be open. After you pay the IV fee. You can start filling up ds 260. You have to know when is the scan date of your documents, I don't have any idea right now how many days it takes to review of your documents. You can check at the ceac if you are case complete. If you saw 3 N/A's. Goodluck!

7u9b5w4z.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Pay AOS fee, when it says PAID you can submit AOS & IV packet at the NVC while waiting for the IV fee to be open. After you pay the IV fee. You can start filling up ds 260. You have to know when is the scan date of your documents, I don't have any idea right now how many days it takes to review of your documents. You can check at the ceac if you are case complete. If you saw 3 N/A's. Goodluck!

Right now they take 4 to 6 weeks .but u have to call for review agent choose form by phone also after your scan date call nvc with in 30days ..for your case update

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks. I've tried paying the fee but it wont let me.

(L)Central Park Wedding (L)

Timeline

PD 09 april 2014, just filled the DS-261 out on behalf of my wife (the beneficiary).However, I have not received the welcome letter yet.

Before when you log in at ceac, does ds 261 says not eligible for processing? Until now I can't access anything. Some says you should wait for the welcome letter to arrived before you can start. It's better we follow their instructions.

My pd is 9april 2014 still not received welcome letter from NVC. What to do?plz

We are on the same boat and we can't do anything but to wait for them to send the welcome letter. I hope this week finger crossed! Keep us posted as soon as you hear something from them. Thank you!

Edited by Mr & Mrs. RC

7u9b5w4z.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

PD April 10, 2014. Received welcome letter email. I was able to complete DS 261 and called the agent in two days and completed the review over the phone.

However no Fee Invoice yet. Does anyone know hoe long does it take for the fees to show up on the website after agent completes review of DS 261?

PD April 10, 2014

I-130 Approved, April 30, 2014 (CSC)

US Consulate, Mumbai, India

AT NVC

NVC Received and Scanned June 04, 2014

NVC Case and IIN obtained via phone in June 09 2014

Welcome Letter Email Received: May 13, 2015

DS-261 (Choice of Agent) completed and submitted: May 13, 2015

DS-261 Reviewed over the phone on May 15, 2015

Received IV fee invoice email, May 22,2015

Paid Fees with money order

Paid Fees two days later online

Submitted documents, June 16th, 2015

AOS Checklist, July 18th, 2015

Submitted Checklist, Aug 14th, 2015

Case Complete by phone, Sep 23, 2015

CC Email: Sep 30, 2015

Interview Email: Oct 23, 2015

Interview Date: Dec 29, 2015

AT US Consulate:

Medical:

Finger Prints:

Interview:

Visa Issued:

Visa Received:

POE:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Before when you log in at ceac, does ds 261 says not eligible for processing? Until now I can't access anything. Some says you should wait for the welcome letter to arrived before you can start. It's better we follow their instructions.

I did complete the form DS-261 before they had sent me the "welcome letter" for two reasons: 1) I read that someone did so without having any problem (actually, if I'm not mistaken - couple of weeks ago - you were among those that said there was no need in waiting the welcome letter as long as the DS-261 was ready to be filled out); 2) it seemed reasonable to me since it was available :)

Anyways, today I have received the welcome letter (the PAOSF "version") where it said that the AOS fee can be paid but in fact it's been not invoiced yet.

This does not surprise me though because I sent the DS-261 only sunday and in the confirmation letter they make you aware that 3-5 business days must go before being able to pay the fees (actually, in the mentioned confirmation letter they also say I will be receiving an "immigrant visa application processing fee bill"....does someone know what that is?).

Timeline

I did complete the form DS-261 before they had sent me the "welcome letter" for two reasons: 1) I read that someone did so without having any problem (actually, if I'm not mistaken - couple of weeks ago - you were among those that said there was no need in waiting the welcome letter as long as the DS-261 was ready to be filled out); 2) it seemed reasonable to me since it was available :)

Anyways, today I have received the welcome letter (the PAOSF "version") where it said that the AOS fee can be paid but in fact it's been not invoiced yet.

This does not surprise me though because I sent the DS-261 only sunday and in the confirmation letter they make you aware that 3-5 business days must go before being able to pay the fees (actually, in the mentioned confirmation letter they also say I will be receiving an "immigrant visa application processing fee bill"....does someone know what that is?).

post-188571-0-82228700-1432086792_thumb.jpg

7u9b5w4z.png

Timeline

Yes I always suggest before that as soon as ds 261 is available you can fill it up but some people keeps telling me that we need to wait for the welcome letter and we must follow the NVC instruction but the decision is still up to us. Anyway I posted an attachment. I wonder if this is what you need to be able to pay the AOS and IV fee. I'm not really sure. Let us wait for others comment about this.

7u9b5w4z.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I have just had a conversation with a customer representative of the NVC where he updated my address and phone number (they still had my old ones) and I asked about the AOS fee.

He suggested me to wait for 1-2 days (since I sent the DS-261 two days ago) and then called them again should I still be unable to pay the fee.

However, he did not ask me to go through the DS-261 to review it.

Is that "normal" (should he have done that?)?

On a side note, he also said that "things are moving faster"

Edited by danielenglish

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nepal
Timeline

Can anybody please tell me why I have not received my welcome letter yet? It is really depressing everybody else is receiving theirs but I am still waiting. My PD is April 1, 2014. :(

I called up NVC yesterday, but they just said I would get it within 42 days. I asked them why and they said every case is different. Of course every case is different, I know that already. But why does it have to be mine? Even my friend whose PD is end of April got his welcome letter this afternoon. I am happy for him but at the same time sad for myself and my wife.

USCIS
09/07/2019 : i-130 mailed ✉️

Timeline

I have just had a conversation with a customer representative of the NVC where he updated my address and phone number (they still had my old ones) and I asked about the AOS fee.

He suggested me to wait for 1-2 days (since I sent the DS-261 two days ago) and then called them again should I still be unable to pay the fee.

However, he did not ask me to go through the DS-261 to review it.

Is that "normal" (should he have done that?)?

On a side note, he also said that "things are moving faster"

If your AOS is paid that's the time you will call them to review your ds 261 so that they will open the IV. ?

7u9b5w4z.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.