deny_ro

Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank you again for this great forum. You help me with my papers and now I come back again because I want to bring my family here.

I have some questions before I start the process. I am US citizen and I want to bring my mother and my sister. My sister is married and has a 19 years and 2 years old kids.

1. Can I sponsor my sister and her family?

2. Should I sponsor my mother first and after my sister or all together?

3. Do I have to fill I130 for each person (for my brother in law and older nephew)?

4. We don't meet the 125% poverty lever and I will have to find a sponsor.

- Should I (or my husband) fill one I-864 application and the joint sponsor one or

- only the sponsor should fill the application? (We don't have income, only assets and not enough)

5. For 9 people (sponsor 4 members and my family 5) the 125% poverty level is up to $60000. He has a business and has to proof that he has an income from the business is at least $60000?

6. If we use only the assets, how much total we need for 5 peoples and for 9 peoples (in case I apply for my sister to)?

7. My sister and my mom have houses there. If I include the value of the houses like assets, do the immigration officer accept this? Does anybody do this and works?

Sorry for a long message.... I just don't know where to start.

Best regards

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes

Up to you

Sister and Mother, older nephew will age out so he is not relevant.

Mother is relatively quick but Sister is a looooong way away so you only need to consider Mother at the moment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you don't say what country they are from,

you can file for her family, but her oldest son won't be able to come, since the petition will take over 12 years, he will have aged out, over 21 and won't be covered under CSPA

so, your sister, her husband will come and maybe her youngest depending on the country

you one i130 for your sister and on the form, C17 you add her family

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your assets in your country always don't matter for them. It's always an exclusion. Not unless you're going to sell it and someone will transfer the fund in your account then in that way you can now present it to them.

Your mom is more easier, you can try but there's no guarantee that your sister can come right away.

Edited by kawaiijackie

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

What country was your sister born in?

By the way, your mother will not be immigrating at the same time as your sister. It takes 6-12 months for a USC to petition a mother. It takes 12-25 years depending on the country for a USC to petition a sister.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Say 15 years for the Sister

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.