Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2015

1,046 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

We just mailed our AOS & IV packages off to our joint sponsor, who's going to add her AOS stuff in the package and send it to NVC.

We combined the whole case (all documents) into one package, under one cover sheet, since we read the NVC's instructions like that - let's hope it won't result in a checklist! Reading from the forum I see most people put the AOS and the Supporting Documents under separate cover sheets, and even in separate envelopes? The NVC website states "you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package." which is what we followed. Are we the only ones...?

We just mailed our AOS & IV packages off to our joint sponsor, who's going to add her AOS stuff in the package and send it to NVC.

We combined the whole case (all documents) into one package, under one cover sheet, since we read the NVC's instructions like that - let's hope it won't result in a checklist! Reading from the forum I see most people put the AOS and the Supporting Documents under separate cover sheets, and even in separate envelopes? The NVC website states "you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package." which is what we followed. Are we the only ones...?

No, we did send it in one package

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

not the only one. I sent mine in one package as well. I know vj said two packets different envelops ect. but I sent it all in one package and they got all my documents except the one I didn't send lol!

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Just as an update, we have made call to NVC yesterday, a rep. (polite lady!) informed me there is problem in AOS, but they have not had time to send email yet! So you will receive check list. No email shows up until now. Scan date was 01-20-2015.

Now We are waiting to see the item(s) in the check list.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Received official CC email 7 days (like clockwork) after seeing 3 NA's......interview wait stage now

Hey we got the same CC date and I received my email this morning as well. Now the waiting begins but from what I've seen we might not get interview until June or July

Tasha

Hey we got the same CC date and I received my email this morning as well. Now the waiting begins but from what I've seen we might not get interview until June or July

what was the reason for check list?

Just as an update, we have made call to NVC yesterday, a rep. (polite lady!) informed me there is problem in AOS, but they have not had time to send email yet! So you will receive check list. No email shows up until now. Scan date was 01-20-2015.

Now We are waiting to see the item(s) in the check list.

Sorry about the bad news :( But thank you for the update. Hope you get it resolved ASAP! Good luck!

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

CASE COMPLETE as for 03/25, officially confirmed by NVC rep Gina (btw a very nice one). :dancing:

Scan date (checklist) Feb. 13th.

I am so happy that there won´t be no second checklist for us. And the call was nice and smooth. I didn´t even wait on hold. I was connected within 30 seconds.

Yeeeeeeeeeeees

Congrats!:) :) :)

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Our case was just received At NVC my wife just called them. The lady on the phone said to her that it will take 4 weeks for them to file it then another 4 weeks till we can do anything with it update them on e-mails etc

does this seem accurate to what people are seeing?

Married : 2014-08-29 in Detroit MI :)

I-130 Sent : 2014-10-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-10 Texas Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-10

NVC Received : 2015-03-25

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-06

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-06

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-06

Send AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-20

NVC Received AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-24

DS-261 Review : 2015-04-24 Over the phone :thumbs:

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-29

Submit DS-260 : 2015-05-01

Checklist scan date; 2015-06-08

CC at NVC : 2015-07-16

Interview Date : 2015-09-21

Visa Received : 2015-09-25

POE : 2015-10-06 :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Our case was just received At NVC my wife just called them. The lady on the phone said to her that it will take 4 weeks for them to file it then another 4 weeks till we can do anything with it update them on e-mails etc

does this seem accurate to what people are seeing?

My case got there today too they said it can take up to 4 weeks to get a case number and after that you can start the fun stuff but if you like to be annoying like myself I call all the time regardless because it can always be sooner .

I just got done speaking to a representative "nvc" she was very kind and sweet!!!!! First time ever!!!!! I told her my case has been there since 1-14-2015 and I haven't received anything yet. She said yeah we apologize our system was down for quite while for electronic processing, we apologize for that. She took both information on both of my cases, and wrote a note for the supervisor to look at it since its not been reviewed yet, she also said to call back in a week or two for an update. So here we go another 2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just got done speaking to a representative "nvc" she was very kind and sweet!!!!! First time ever!!!!! I told her my case has been there since 1-14-2015 and I haven't received anything yet. She said yeah we apologize our system was down for quite while for electronic processing, we apologize for that. She took both information on both of my cases, and wrote a note for the supervisor to look at it since its not been reviewed yet, she also said to call back in a week or two for an update. So here we go another 2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? the system is down for electronic processing ? So i am start thinking is that electronic processing are really work or not ?

A week or two, they say it so easily.

I'm calling them everyday.

Hi guys really worried here , scan date January 5th and no news from NVC yet???

Have you called them? I'd demand to talk to a supervisor.

Does Jordan do electronic submission?

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.