LibCampFireClub

Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don’t know’ whether Obama is a Christian

326 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

pagans!

That was Paul's idea. James was totally against it. After all, Jesus was coming back soon to end the Roman occupation of Judea (Judah). However, Paul annoyed Peter enough to where he told Paul, "Go ahead. Whatever, just go away!" And he did.

Edited by I AM NOT THAT GUY

That was Paul's idea. James was totally against it. After all, Jesus was coming back soon to end the Roman occupation of Judea (Judah). However, Paul annoyed Peter enough to where he told Paul, "Go ahead. Whatever, just go away!" And he did.

And Paul ended up with a bigger role than Peter. Is Paul's teaching true to the faith or did he change it from it's initial intent?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

And Paul ended up with a bigger role than Peter. Is Paul's teaching true to the faith or did he change it from it's initial intent?

As my current pastor said of Paul, "He was full of himself at times." Paul was a Roman citizen, and he used that to his advantage to move freely throughout the Roman Empire. Later, when Constantine commissioned what became the Roman Catholic Church, those writings and Gospels that reflected the Roman Emperor's will remained, and those that didn't were discarded. Any surprise that Paul's writings were generously included?

As my current pastor said of Paul, "He was full of himself at times." Paul was a Roman citizen, and he used that to his advantage to move freely throughout the Roman Empire. Later, when Constantine commissioned what became the Roman Catholic Church, those writings and Gospels that reflected the Roman Emperor's will remained, and those that didn't were discarded. Any surprise that Paul's writings were generously included?

Did he really see Jesus on the road to Damascus? Do you think Rome discarded most of the writings about Peter, John, James....? Which writings are the most accurate? Did Rome have the most influence on what became the New Tesament.

Tacitus also mentions Jesus.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Did he really see Jesus on the road to Damascus? Do you think Rome discarded most of the writings about Peter, John, James....? Which writings are the most accurate? Did Rome have the most influence on what became the New Tesament.

Through the centuries, there have been many accounts of other "Gospels", even a few of those were in private collections. With the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, many of those works, along with some contemporary works referred to in the Gospels of MML&J, we now have at least portions of those texts and more. Constantine just finished a four way fight for control of the Roman empire, and he was the undisputed champion! His intent was solely to unite the Empire under one Emperor, and one Religion. Of course Rome had the most influence on what became the Bible, not just the New Testament. Constantine himself commissioned the first set of Bibles, and it is that Bible when translated from the Roman Vulgate, that other Bibles rely on for authority.

Edit: Correction: Constantine's 50 Bibles were in Greek. Jerome was the one that translated and formatted the Bible into the Latin Vulgate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_Bibles_of_Constantine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgate

Edited by I AM NOT THAT GUY

no, that isn't fair enough. he knows full well obama is christian. all of our presidents, except those few rebel presidents in the early days, have been some breed of christian. i should hope everyone knows this.

BS Kennedy was a Catholic

Sorry to see you go Maven. I hope to hear from you again one day. You rock.

Thank you, Marvin, but reports of my demise are premature. :lol: I just can't with the All-Muslim/All-Black/All-of-the-Time Show. It's tedious.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que