LibCampFireClub

Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don’t know’ whether Obama is a Christian

326 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

There is only room in this world for one way of thinking. One god, who needs to shut the hell up. Those who disagree, well, there ain't no room for you. This is ideology the radical left wing is pushing upon the world.

Edited by ExExpat

To be a Christian in today's world is very difficult as they face ridicule and attack from so many different directions. To stand for 'true' Christian beliefs today can cause you to lose your job, your business and even your life.

not in this country. lose your job for being christian? lol. lose your job for constantly witnessing on the clock and driving everyone crazy? that i can see.

There is only room in this world for one way of thinking. One god, who needs to shut the hell up. Those who disagree, well, there ain't no room for you. This is ideology the radical left wing is pushing upon the world.

I believe Spooky summed you up very well.

Big bubbles, no troubles. Anyone who uses lib, libs liberals, Dems, conservatives, Republicans, right wing, left wing, etc in most every post is a fuckingidiot. That should cover both sides of the spectrum.

no need for god to shut up. god hasn't said anything for thousands of years. poor fella must be dead.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't believe it's reasonable to make an across the board judgement about anyone with a spiritual belief. It just isn't supportable beyond your own experience which is by definition limited, as is mine and everyone else's.

Its better to respond to individuals than make broadbrush statements about about entire sections of society.

We all generalise from time to time, on here usually on subjects that are heated, but at the end of the day you have to know whether what you are saying is reasonable.

I've called individuals here extremists, because that's my experience of those people. However, I don't assume that about everyone.

I believe Spooky summed you up very well.

I agree with that.

I don't believe it's reasonable to make an across the board judgement about anyone with a spiritual belief. It just isn't supportable beyond your own experience which is by definition limited, as is mine and everyone else's.

Its better to respond to individuals than make broadbrush statements about about entire sections of society.

We all generalise from time to time, on here usually on subjects that are heated, but at the end of the day you have to know whether what you are saying is reasonable.

I've called individuals here extremists, because that's my experience of those people. However, I don't assume that about everyone.

As I said, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt in the beginning because there are some really good people out there and I would hate to miss the opportunity of meeting one. I very rarely meet anyone for the first time and think in my head that this is a bad or a good person, sometimes it is that clear, but most of the time it's not. It takes time to really know people and It is the people, whether good or bad, that show their true colors eventually, not me that forces it upon them.

The one-finger display is the distinctive Muslim gang sign (most notably the sign of ISIS): The index finger points straight up while the thumb wraps underneath and presses against the digital phalange of the middle finger. The remaining fingers are squeezed against the palm in order to highlight the extended forefinger.

191937475.jpg

The extended finger is symbolic of the one-God concept of Muhammad and is understood by all believers to be a symbolic shahada, the Muslim affirmation of faith: There is but one God and Muhammad is his messenger.

Well then somebody needs to round up the terrorist members of the Canadian Womens Gold Medal Hockey Team. :wacko:

2013wwu18c_group_gold_win_640thumbnailsm

To the very few people that stick to their beliefs and take them seriously, I have respect. I don't agree with their beliefs, but I respect their right to have and adhere to them. To the majority of believers that talk out both sides of their mouths and change their beliefs like they change their underwear, I have none.

What if they don't wear underwear?

To be a Christian in today's world is very difficult as they face ridicule and attack from so many different directions. To stand for 'true' Christian beliefs today can cause you to lose your job, your business and even your life.

Whoever loses his life for my sake shall find it.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Timeline

It's a frightening time to be a Christian in today's world:

Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christians kidnapped by ISIS
Islamic State militants have abducted at least 70 Assyrian Christians after overrunning several small villages in northeast Syria, two activist groups said Tuesday.
Around dawn Monday, the extremist fighters swept through the Assyrian villages nestled along the banks of the Khabur River near the town of Tal Tamr in Hassakeh province. Sky News reported that control of the region is split between ISIS and opposing Kurdish fighters.
In the assault, the militants took between 70 and 100 Assyrians captive, said Nuri Kino, the head of the activist group A Demand For Action that focuses on religious minorities in the Middle East. Kino said his organization based its information on conversations with villagers who fled the onslaught and their relatives.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights also reported the abductions, but put the number of Assyrians held by ISIS at 90. The Observatory relies on a network of activists inside Syria.
Kino added that some 3,000 people managed to flee the onslaught and have sought refuge in the cities of Hassakeh and the provincial capital of Qamishli.
Both activist groups said that most of the captives come from the village of Tal Shamiram, located some 50 miles southwest of Qamishli.
An Assyrian woman from Tal Shamiram who now lives in Beirut said she has been scrambling to find out what has become of her parents as well as her brother and his wife and kids.
"Land lines have been cut, their mobiles are closed," she told The Associated Press. "Have they been slaughtered? Are they still alive? We're searching for any news."
She spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of endangering relatives believed to be held by the militants.
"My family visited me last month and returned to Syria. There were clashes but it was normal, nothing exceptional. I feel so helpless, I cannot do anything for them but pray," she said by telephone, her voice breaking.
ISIS' online radio station, al-Bayan, said in a report Tuesday that ISIS fighters had detained "tens of crusaders" and seized 10 villages around Tal Tamr after clashes with Kurdish militiamen. ISIS frequently refers to Christians as "crusaders." Syria's official SANA news agency reported that ISIS overran seven villages during an attack on Monday.
It was not immediately clear what ISIS planned to do with the Assyrians.
The militants have a long history of killing captives, including foreign journalists, Syrian soldiers and Kurdish militiamen. Most recently, militants in Libya affiliated with ISIS released a video showing the beheading of 21 Egyptian Christians.
But ISIS also could use its Assyrian captives to try to arrange a prisoner swap with the Kurdish and Christian militias that it faced off against in northeastern Syria. There is a precedent: the extremists have released Kurdish school children as well as Turkish truck drivers and diplomats after holding them for months.
Last year, ISIS abducted several Assyrians in retaliation for some of them fighting alongside the Kurdish People's Protection Units, or YPG. But most were released after long negotiations, Reuters reports.
Sky News reported that the abductions followed heavy fighting in the area, which is near the borders with Turkey and Iraq. The area has also been the target of several recent airstrikes by the U.S.-led coalition.
Kurdish fighters from the YPG launched an offensive over the weekend, quickly seizing some 20 villages from the extremists.