LibCampFireClub

Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don’t know’ whether Obama is a Christian

326 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

'deity' is evident in the natural world, but our interpretation of deity is just as well the patterns our brains are so good at picking up on. more often than not we're creating the patterns instead of noticing them.

anything that triumphs over chaos gets brownie points in our minds.

Perception is reality. If we are truly created in God's image, does not some part of the Creator exist within us? What would be wrong with a world in which we all recognize the Divine within each other?

free will isn't something that is given, it just is.

If a Creator exists, did He not create us to have free will?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I think it's the other way around. Man created god in his own image. That would explain why the deity shows signs of paranoia, schizophrenia, sadism, ire. It would also explain the deity's penchant for revenge, destruction, cruelty and complete self absorption.

Perception is reality. If we are truly created in God's image, does not some part of the Creator exist within us? What would be wrong with a world in which we all recognize the Divine within each other?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking and i used to feel the same way. i just grew out of the part where i felt obligated to include god in the equation. in my mind we are all bound by our humanity, our common denominator. that's it. i don't feel the need to project anything divine, life itself is evidence enough of that.

a creator does not exists in that sense. the whole free will/salvation premise is ridiculous.

there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking and i used to feel the same way. i just grew out of the part where i felt obligated to include god in the equation. in my mind we are all bound by our humanity, our common denominator. that's it. i don't feel the need to project anything divine, life itself is evidence enough of that.

For some, the Divine is that part of us that we all share in common. I like that perception.

No one knows anything. People think they know but that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, but this is VJ, we're not just any other people, we're gifted and special. :content:

Edited by Teddy B

No one knows anything. People think they know but that's neither here nor there.

And therefore, we all left with only perceptions. Some have more clarity than others. Some continue to seek clarity. Many just stop looking.

a creator does not exists in that sense. the whole free will/salvation premise is ridiculous.

I respect your perception and your clarity.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And therefore, we all left with only perceptions. Some have more clarity than others. Some continue to seek clarity. Many just stop looking.

I respect your perception and your clarity.

Clarity is a neither here nor there. Prove it or its a belief. Beliefs are neither here nor there.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It's all subjective. The only problem is when you expect others to subscribe by your own subjectivity...

Clarity is a neither here nor there. Prove it or its a belief. Beliefs are neither here nor there.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org