Rendi

K1 visa denial

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The CO is more or less correct.

The current case, now officially denied by the CO, will be returned to USCIS as "denied". In theory, USCIS

*can* re-open the case to re-evaluate all evidence provided, and, if they believe it's a valid case, send it

to the Consulate again. In practise, however, this almost never happens, and USCIS just lets the case

expire.

So, based on the above, I'd say appealing the current case probably is, as someone else already stated,

just wasting time.

What CAN you do?

Well... first of all, you will have to figure out WHY the CO believes your relationship is not real, and then you

will have to ask yourself which additional evidence you can bring in (present) so overcome that problem.

Once you did that, just file a NEW petition, and, this time, include that extra evidence.

If that case fails as well, you could go the 'marriage way' and get married first, and then file IR-1.

You could of course skip the second try and go straight to the marriage option, depending on what you

want to do..

Good luck!

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was advised that once your K1 is denied, your next step would be to file for a spousal visa, in which case you would have to marry each other before you submit your petition package.

2019 09 30 : Filed N-400 Online

2019 10 23 : Biometrics Completed

2021 03 22 : Citizenship Interview PASSED; Oath + Certificate Issued

=========

2018 03 08 : ROC Package Recv'd/Signed

2018 03 19 : NOA Recv'd

2019 06 21 : Biometrics Completed

2019 09 13 : Card in Production (No Interview)

2019 09 20 : Recv'd 10-Yr Green Card by Mail

=========

2015 11 06 : AOS Package Recv'd/Signed

2015 11 16 : NOA's (3x) Recv'd by Mail

2015 12 04 : Biometrics Completed

2016 01 25 : EAD & AP Approved (No RFE's)

2016 03 09 : Interview Scheduled (No RFE's)

2016 03 16 : AOS Interview - APPROVED

2016 03 24 : Received Green Card by Mail

=========

2015 02 07 : I-129F Mailed

2015 05 13 : I-129F Approved (No RFE's)

2015 08 18 : K-1 Interview (Visa Approved)

2015 08 29 : Arrived U.S.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Similar threads merged~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We have known each other for 2 years. After 7 months of knowing each other I came down to visited her and got engaged. So that was the answered to his question and he said I don't spend enough time of being with her, that I need to actually living with her. Retard i hope he knows that I have a job and bills to pay and tons of responsibilities in the states,

2nd reason of the refusal; he said y we got engaged so fast, after 2days when I got to the country, we got engaged and have the ceremony but then he shook his head and said this can't be "2 DAYS AFTER U GOT HERE AND U GOT ENGAGED? This is his word. I told him 7 months of knowing each other, I don't just come here and got this engagement, we planned this ahead of time already but he still not convince that our relationship is real. He act like he never been living in the state in his entire life. With my work and job I can't request a time off more then 5 weeks, he should know this. With my tons of evidence of on going relationship he should see how much time we really spend together. Like I said I din see him spend time go thru with the evidence, I also have 2 letters from my manager and friend( reference letter) and I don't think he's reading it.

I really am sorry for the outcome of the interview. But I don't think that CO has to question your relationship and the engagement as well. I physically met my fiance nearly 4 months of video chatting and text messaging. We got engaged a day after he came. All was well to my interview. They didn't even ask for the pics and chat logs my fiance's sent me. Just too strange to be denied for reasons as such.... Hope you find better ways to make everything ok! Wish you all the best

Edited by Ryan H

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I was advised that once your K1 is denied, your next step would be to file for a spousal visa, in which case you would have to marry each other before you submit your petition package.

Merely getting married doesn't do anything to tell if the relationship is legitimate and not for visa fraud purposes.....folks try this all the time, especially at certain Embassies.

You really need to work on the relationship evidence before becoming married, etc.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My wife (CR-1) went to the interview with young CO last Jan 16th and got the same denial, CO believe our relationship is not genuine. We're have a lot of evidences to prove, but still not convienced him enough to approve the visa. I was depressed and sad. It is what it is. Gotta fight until end..

I agree with some of the guys here that marriage is not the next step, well it could be. But a lot of fraud like going into marriage and then divorce after AOS.

You really have to establish the genuine relationship not just through chats or calls and I know you visited her once (which I think made the CO that it's not enough). My then fiance, visited me twice and then came back the 3rd time to pick me up. While he was here, we really spent time together (took a lot of photos), spent time with each other's families and friends, and went on vacations. Even if he wasn't here, I spent time with his side of his family (took photos too and was included in my documents). He sent me snail mails. I know we all have a lot of expenses to manage, but some embassies are really hard to please, but in this kind of situation, you really have to invest on time and money.

I believe you can make an appeal, and in the mean time get to spend more time together physically. Save, visit and travel together. And hopefully by then, you guys will be approved. You gotta go to these trials, never give up and fight for your relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I brought like 4 to 5 inches thick of on going relationship, such Facebook messenger, Viber, email, phone card and phone call plus I got 3 testimonial letters 1 from my manger and 2 from friends. I don't think he's reading any of it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Cambodian embassy is tough. The income requirements that have to be met are a lot higher in Cambodia than other asian countries too.

Timeline

phone card you mean like pre pay call minute dont think that good evidence you need something that will give you a detail calling of hour and day. about my evdience i bring to my interview was about five picture one inch thick of a calling company i use to produce evidence that i was calling my fincee at the time i use that as a cover. had some aff. from work recent pay check that was it went to cambodia one time go again for interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think you need more legitimate proof since this is an obviously known tough embassy. I know it is expensive but you guys should see each other face to face again. I documentation of 4 flights that I took to Jordan to see my husband within a year and a half span of time. It was crazy expensive and time consuming but I was in it to win it. I'm still working on paying those expenses off on my credit cards but you know what, the man is sleeping next to me in my bed right now as I type this message to you. I got my Visa approved in 5 months time and he was here 2 months after that. We had SOLID proof of our relationship. It would look fishy to me too that someone were to get engaged only 2 days after meeting face to face. I get that you knew each other on the internet but the internet does not a marriage make. You have got to spend time together physically. How could you know that you want to marry someone that you have spent less than a few full physical days with? Face to face contact is very different then over the phone and digital contact. I think you need to spend more time with each other face to face in order for the embassy to change their minds. A sworn affidavit from your boss and family members does not prove that your relationship with someone in Cambodia is real. I understand that to you it is real, but the US Government needs some more convincing. I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you are united with your loved one as soon as humanly possible.

Edited by VandZ2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I think you need more legitimate proof since this is an obviously known tough embassy. I know it is expensive but you guys should see each other face to face again. I documentation of 4 flights that I took to Jordan to see my husband within a year and a half span of time. It was crazy expensive and time consuming but I was in it to win it. I'm still working on paying those expenses off on my credit cards but you know what, the man is sleeping next to me in my bed right now as I type this message to you. I got my Visa approved in 5 months time and he was here 2 months after that. We had SOLID proof of our relationship. It would look fishy to me too that someone were to get engaged only 2 days after meeting face to face. I get that you knew each other on the internet but the internet does not a marriage make. You have got to spend time together physically. How could you know that you want to marry someone that you have spent less than a few full physical days with? Face to face contact is very different then over the phone and digital contact. I think you need to spend more time with each other face to face in order for the embassy to change their minds. A sworn affidavit from your boss and family members does not prove that your relationship with someone in Cambodia is real. I understand that to you it is real, but the US Government needs some more convincing. I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you are united with your loved one as soon as humanly possible.

I am so sorry OP. I don't believe the lack of meeting and having a quick engagement were reasons for denial. My fiancé came to visit me once after only 4 months since we made our relationship "formal" and proposed 2 days later. The CO didn't even ask for any proofs of ongoing relationship yet my k1 processings was very smooth. We can't really tell how will consuls at embassies treat our documents. Others may find ok , some would not. If you believe everything was presented accordingly and properly, then I insist you go your way to the embassy and stand firm that they should take into considerations and review your application! I know it's tough but hang in there! There's always light after any tunnels. Goodluck!

Edited by Ryan H

Timeline

I know what u mean, I been back and forth twice already but only a month of staying there each time. I wish I could do as u said to able to physically to live there with her but I couldn't cuz of my job and other responsibilies. But If I do that I would loss my job and my home.

What can I do? Any suggestion will b appreciate it !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.