mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Omg! Look at the figures for Nebraska!! Almost 50,000 applications and California had the least with 2000+. That's a huggggggeeee difference! No something needs to be done and yet they continue ro enundate the office with more of us

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Omg! Look at the figures for Nebraska!! Almost 50,000 applications and California had the least with 2000+. That's a huggggggeeee difference! No something needs to be done and yet they continue ro enundate the office with more of us

check again :)

Nearly 50,000 "immediate relative" (like spousal) petitions in nebraska, and only 2,000 in california, that is true.

But the numbers are reversed when you look at the "all other relative" category. 43,000 in california and 1,500 in nebraska. And a TON left pending in california.

So it looks like Cali is a big and busy service center, just for a different types of petitions. I'm guessing most all of those 2,000 immediate relative petitions sent to cali are the same deal as my case, immediate relative filing from overseas.

-=-=-=-=-=- OUR TIMELINE AND JOURNEY: -=-=-=-=-=-

03 / 2008 -- First visit to Venezuela, while visiting friends, I first met my future fiance
2008-2012 -
Six more visits to Venezuela and a proposal :)

04 / 2013 -- MARRIED IN VENEZUELA!! biggrin.png

05 / 2013 -- TR-FV visa issued to live in Venezuela for 1 year.

05 / 2014 -- TR-FV visa extension issued to continue living in Venezuela for 1 more year.

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

02 / 27 / 2015 -- NOA1 received. (California Service Center)

05 / 20 / 2015 -- NOA2 approval. (84 days).

-=-=-=-=-=- THE FUTURE: -=-=-=-=-=-

2017 - Wife goes back to school for 2 more years in the US so she can practice (Dentist)

Hi everyone! Its my 1st time here.

My hubby & I filed our IR-130 application on 2/2 here in Philippines US embassy.

We got our Approval Notice just now 3/2.

My question is, how long do we have to wait for another instruction from US embassy?

Thank you and have a good day/night!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

check again :)

Nearly 50,000 "immediate relative" (like spousal) petitions in nebraska, and only 2,000 in california, that is true.

But the numbers are reversed when you look at the "all other relative" category. 43,000 in california and 1,500 in nebraska. And a TON left pending in california.

So it looks like Cali is a big and busy service center, just for a different types of petitions. I'm guessing most all of those 2,000 immediate relative petitions sent to cali are the same deal as my case, immediate relative filing from overseas.

Yes it is true that the numbers are reversed in the "all other relatives" category" but the main difference is that that category has quotas on it so even if they are processed fast they would still be waiting on a visa number once they got to NVC but for immediate family their is no quota so the faster they process them the faster they get to be together basically.

I have heard that all people filling from overseas get expidited, not officially but it seems to happen. Not sure why or how it makes sense as I don't get why that should give someone priority over someone living in the US apart from their loved one. Nothing against anyone that has that happen to them. I mean good for them and take the advantage you can get. But it does suck for the rest of us and kind of shows how the system is messed up.

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Yes it is true that the numbers are reversed in the "all other relatives" category" but the main difference is that that category has quotas on it so even if they are processed fast they would still be waiting on a visa number once they got to NVC but for immediate family their is no quota so the faster they process them the faster they get to be together basically.

I have heard that all people filling from overseas get expedited, not officially but it seems to happen. Not sure why or how it makes sense as I don't get why that should give someone priority over someone living in the US apart from their loved one. Nothing against anyone that has that happen to them. I mean good for them and take the advantage you can get. But it does suck for the rest of us and kind of shows how the system is messed up.

I do tend to agree with you, it makes little sense to expedite processing for the families like mine that are already together.

I guess the only rational I could find would be an economic one - repatriate the US citizen back into the states faster so they can earn money faster and pay more taxes. But the number of cases we're talking about is so small, its economically insignificant with respect to national policy.

-=-=-=-=-=- OUR TIMELINE AND JOURNEY: -=-=-=-=-=-

03 / 2008 -- First visit to Venezuela, while visiting friends, I first met my future fiance
2008-2012 -
Six more visits to Venezuela and a proposal :)

04 / 2013 -- MARRIED IN VENEZUELA!! biggrin.png

05 / 2013 -- TR-FV visa issued to live in Venezuela for 1 year.

05 / 2014 -- TR-FV visa extension issued to continue living in Venezuela for 1 more year.

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

02 / 27 / 2015 -- NOA1 received. (California Service Center)

05 / 20 / 2015 -- NOA2 approval. (84 days).

-=-=-=-=-=- THE FUTURE: -=-=-=-=-=-

2017 - Wife goes back to school for 2 more years in the US so she can practice (Dentist)

Timeline

If I were in the US and I get an EAD plus a document authorizing me to travel I'd have no issue with them taking a few more months on my application if that means they'll process those whose families are living apart overseas. But I don't think it's true because I heard that inside the states application is processed faster because you don't have the NVC to deal with as all their documents are submitted at once

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all!

We sent our documents on February 24 with expedited shipping and were really surprised to get NOA1 already on February 27. We were transferred to Nebraska Service Center, and I wasn't happy to see their processing times.

I've been doing a bit of research and apparently the Service Centers are specialized in some specific forms: for example, Nebraska Service Center usually gets most of the i-130s, Texas Service Center gets the i-129fs, while California Service Centers get the cases filed from abroad...

One question: we got a SMS and emails with our receipt number, but when I tried to track it in the USCIS website, it said they couldn't recognize it yet. My guess is that my documents are being transferred to Nebraska right now and I will only be able to see information about my case in a few days when they start processing it?

Good luck to us all! May the Nebraska processing times be magically reduced in the next few months! ;)

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all!

We sent our documents on February 24 with expedited shipping and were really surprised to get NOA1 already on February 27. We were transferred to Nebraska Service Center, and I wasn't happy to see their processing times.

How nice to see that we have the same dates for NOA1! Also got it 27th of February. Wishing and hoping for a quick process for both of us (and everyone else of course). Will be nice to follow the timelines!

Timeline

I think families living overseas should be expedited, especially if they're not living together. All I-130 forms are going to Nebraska. Maybe it has assumed the role MSC used to play. We must also look at the fact that Nebraska has a high approval rate. As anyone seen the release that USCIS is demanding that officers approve all the cases and the memo from the USCIS ombudsman is telling officers to limit the request for evidence. The officers are even complaining that their supervisors are even demanding that they approve cases that shouldn't even be approved. The report is a 58 page document. It's an interesting read. So its seems as though when a case is denied by USCIS it's really a bad case

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all!

I've been doing a bit of research and apparently the Service Centers are specialized in some specific forms: for example, Nebraska Service Center usually gets most of the i-130s, Texas Service Center gets the i-129fs, while California Service Centers get the cases filed from abroad...

One question: we got a SMS and emails with our receipt number, but when I tried to track it in the USCIS website, it said they couldn't recognize it yet. My guess is that my documents are being transferred to Nebraska right now and I will only be able to see information about my case in a few days when they start processing it?

Good luck to us all! May the Nebraska processing times be magically reduced in the next few months! ;)

I got my Noa1 on 26th February and I also couldn't see my case on website, it appeared next day(on 27th) stating that application was received on 24th... so it looks like noa was sent after 2 days

Timeline

I think families living overseas should be expedited, especially if they're not living together. All I-130 forms are going to Nebraska. Maybe it has assumed the role MSC used to play. We must also look at the fact that Nebraska has a high approval rate. As anyone seen the release that USCIS is demanding that officers approve all the cases and the memo from the USCIS ombudsman is telling officers to limit the request for evidence. The officers are even complaining that their supervisors are even demanding that they approve cases that shouldn't even be approved. The report is a 58 page document. It's an interesting read. So its seems as though when a case is denied by USCIS it's really a bad case

Where did you see this report? I had not heard about it.

USCIS

Spoiler

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

Timeline

@brentos

This is the link to one of the news but the one I refer to is in PDF from the dhs. When I get home I'll search for the one from DHS and post it here. For the mean time here's the news. Don't know if it had all the details of the document I read

http://m.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/immigration-services-union-officers-are-pressured-rubber-stamp-applications

Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

These processing times at the TSC are saying that permanent residents petition for their relatives are taking a lot less time than citizens petition for immediate relatives. They're still processing July cases for July 2014 for citizens while PR application are being adjudicated in 5 months

Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

These processing times at the TSC are saying that permanent residents petition for their relatives are taking a lot less time than citizens petition for immediate relatives. They're still processing July cases for July 2014 for citizens while PR application are being adjudicated in 5 months

The process does not make sense in general at every service center. It is just messed up in general. I don't think there is any understanding how they do anything.

USCIS

Spoiler

NVC

Spoiler

The process does not make sense in general at every service center. It is just messed up in general. I don't think there is any understanding how they do anything.

I totally agree with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.