dskellie

Payment page at NVC will not let me pay IV fee

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I filed I-130 form in July 2014 for my wife living in Brazil. Petition was approved in November. Instruction email arrived Jan 20. Elected an Agent for the case (me) and payed the AOF fee. AOF Documents & Financial Evidence field was marked "N/A". I assume this mean "not applicable" and that I don't need to send one. I had included my AOF with the I-130 petition.

Next step on the Immigration Visa Summary page was the IV fee, which was highlighted red. I click on it and am taken back to the Sign In page. Hmm. Sign in, go to pay it again and the same thing happens. I see that the IV Application and Civil Documents fields are also marked "N/A".

Does this mean that my case is in process and that I need to do nothing more but wait for them to schedule the interview? I received no message,, email or notice that this is the case.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get. The process has been moving fairly well so far and I don't want to delay it further.

Dan

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wrong, you still need to send the AOS package to NVC. USCIS may have trashed the one you sent since its not a requirement in the initial filing.

You will have to wait until the IV fee invoice is available to be able to pay the IV fee. After paying that you need to send IV package to NVC.

It will take NVC 60 days to review each package.

Timeline

I filed I-130 form in July 2014 for my wife living in Brazil. Petition was approved in November. Instruction email arrived Jan 20. Elected an Agent for the case (me) and payed the AOF fee. AOF Documents & Financial Evidence field was marked "N/A". I assume this mean "not applicable" and that I don't need to send one. I had included my AOF with the I-130 petition.

Next step on the Immigration Visa Summary page was the IV fee, which was highlighted red. I click on it and am taken back to the Sign In page. Hmm. Sign in, go to pay it again and the same thing happens. I see that the IV Application and Civil Documents fields are also marked "N/A".

Does this mean that my case is in process and that I need to do nothing more but wait for them to schedule the interview? I received no message,, email or notice that this is the case.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get. The process has been moving fairly well so far and I don't want to delay it further.

Dan

Hey dan,

You must send in both AOS and IV documents. (you may send them together) In order to get the IV invoice you must fill out DS-261 - choice of agent (which you did..) okay, so now NVC will review your ds-261 (it normally takes 30 days, so mean while get your document packages together and send them asap)

*the doc. section will stay N/A even after you send your documents to nvc.

Check out this link.. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

and this one.. http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/RDJ%20-%20Rio%20De%20Janeiro.pdf(this will be needed for IV civil doc. packet)

P.S. you no longer need to send in original civil docs (now you take them to the interiew) ., but i sent in ´copia autenticada´ just to play it safe..

hope this helped a little

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dan

Here is the NVC Process wiki you should read.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

You just sent in the DS-261 it has to be reviewed and accepted by NVC takes a few weeks after you submit then you will see IV fee invoiced.

And as others have said yes you must send in your AS package. You should send the AOS and IV package together. Don't forget the bar coded cover ages.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for your help everyone. I've been gatheering AOS and IV documents and waiting for the IV fee to be invoiced, but that hasn't happened yet. The Wiki report on this process says that "a few days after" the Agent fee is accepted and PAID that the IV fee would be invoiiced. I'd like to be able to send both packages at once, but need to pat the IV fee before I can access the online IV application. Any advice on this?

Also, since the interview is set for the Rio de Janeiro consulate, the NVC site saays I may email the AOS and supporting documents. Question: For the passport-style photos, do I just send a JPG or PDF of her photo? Question: The Wiki report says that I must mail the AOS form and that I can't email it. Is this true?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wrong, you still need to send the AOS package to NVC. USCIS may have trashed the one you sent since its not a requirement in the initial filing.

You will have to wait until the IV fee invoice is available to be able to pay the IV fee. After paying that you need to send IV package to NVC.

It will take NVC 60 days to review each package.

60 days for each package meaning 60 for IV and 60 for AOS, so it takes 120 days to get case complete from the moment you send in packages?

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2012-04-23

I-130 Sent : 2014-07-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-07-24

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-03

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015/02/09

NOA2 Email Received: 2015/03/02

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2015/03/06

Case Sent from USCIS: 2015/03/11
NVC Received: 2015/03/17
Case # Assigned: 2015/03/24
DS-261 Completed: 2015/03/28
Paid AOS Fee: 2015/03/30
Sent in AOS and IV Package: 2015/04/01
Case Accepted for Expedite: 2015/05/05
Case Forwarded to Consulate: 2015/05/07
Completed DS-260: 2015/05/15
Interview Scheduled: 2015/05/20
Interview: 2015/07/15
event.png

event.png
event.png

Timeline

Today I received the email from the NVC that they have invoiced the IV fee and that I can go to the site, pay the fee and proceed to send the supporting documentation, but when I go to the payment page, the IV line is still blank. No applicant name, birth date, etc. and no select box. Possibly, I need to wait until tomorrow and see if their site updates, but they are so difficult to reach on the phone. I was able to talk to someone last Friday and they said they needed to approve the Agent selection and verify the information before I could proceed, which is what they did.

2 questions:

A week ago, when I was trying to find out how to pay the IV fee I would click on the Pay Now link, but the IV fee field was Not Invoiced and I would get taken back to the sign in page. The fields for Applicant Name, DOB, etc all contained the applicant's name, DOB and a selct box. After trying everything I could to pay an IV fee, when I return to the payment page, all fields for the applicant are blank. Her name or information does not appear. The only thing that appears is the "fee amount selected = $0.00" Did I do something wrong?

Instructions on the NVC site say that I must send 2" x 2" passport-style photos with the IV documents. I will be sending all documents via email as this is approved for her consulate, Rio de Janeiro. How do I send these via email? Do they need to be in a JPG format or PDF? I know the file size limitations, but are JPG files accepted?

Thanks again for your help. This is a very valuable site.

Dan

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey dskellie, I just wanted to ask if you did end up getting invoiced the IV fee or not yet?! I was/am in a similar situation as you right now. I filled out the DS-261 back in January, and apparently I managed to reset the timer a couple of times by going in to double check its content, so my latest submission date is Mar. 13. To-date I still have not been invoiced the IV fee, and like you describe, if I click on the "Pay Now", it redirects me to the payment page, with nothing due under the IV Application Fee section.

In case you haven't gotten your fee invoiced yet, I would advise calling the NVC to check the status of your DS-261 (which I'm currently trying to do), because as I've been told by a few other forum members, it seems that sometimes the DS-261 applications "gets stuck", so it would need manual intervention.

I hope this helps a bit.

Timeline

Yes, LJ, I called NVC and they said they needed to confirm the Agent information, which we did, and then the IV fee would be invoiced within the next day. It wasn't, so I called back in 2 days and the clerk said that the other clerk neglected to finalize the process, which she forgot to do, so then it was corrected and I was invoiced. The IV application was submitted and we are awaiting approval.

Good luck to you!

Timeline

Great to know, and congrats, hopefully your paperwork will be moving along well from here on out. And thanks for confirming that the NVC sometimes do need to be called in order to get things moving again... still trying to call though. :-P

Cheers, thanks, and good luck to you. :-)

• 2 months later...
Timeline

So, on May 13, the NVC told me that all documents have been received and we are to wait to be contacted regarding the interview at the consulate. Is there a way I can find out where her name is on the list? When we can expect the interview to be scheduled? What is the average time? The NVC clerk told me that the consulate lets them know how many interviews they can conduct each month (the following month or every month in the year?) and that the NVC sets the interview date. Can someone here enlighten me?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi , I called on May 27 th and the lady reviewed my DS-261 and she said i wait for a week to get invoice NVC send me by e mail , So should i call back to remind them or i still wait for that IV invoice ? THanks

So, on May 13, the NVC told me that all documents have been received and we are to wait to be contacted regarding the interview at the consulate. Is there a way I can find out where her name is on the list? When we can expect the interview to be scheduled? What is the average time? The NVC clerk told me that the consulate lets them know how many interviews they can conduct each month (the following month or every month in the year?) and that the NVC sets the interview date. Can someone here enlighten me?

Timeline

Your best bet is to have the petitioner (who is the U.S. citizen) call the consulate/embassy and ask that information. Where I live, when calling the embassy as a U.S. national you're diverted to a different phone service where you can actually speak with a human being, and not just a machine, and you actually have access to a lot of information. For non-nationals, we are usually answered by an automated phone service that directs us to the embassy's website.

If it's the same where you live, then I advise that you call and ask.

Hi , I called on May 27 th and the lady reviewed my DS-261 and she said i wait for a week to get invoice NVC send me by e mail , So should i call back to remind them or i still wait for that IV invoice ? THanks

If it's been more than a week, then you might as well call them back.

Timeline

Your best bet is to have the petitioner (who is the U.S. citizen) call the consulate/embassy and ask that information. Where I live, when calling the embassy as a U.S. national you're diverted to a different phone service where you can actually speak with a human being, and not just a machine, and you actually have access to a lot of information. For non-nationals, we are usually answered by an automated phone service that directs us to the embassy's website.

If it's the same where you live, then I advise that you call and ask.

If it's been more than a week, then you might as well call them back.

LJSant, I am the petitioner and live in the U.S. You're saying that I should call the consulate in Brazil? The NVC says that they are the ones that schedule the interview. You think the consulate in Rio would have information that I could find? I don't speak Portuguese, so I would have a difficult time talking to them if I get an operator who doesn't speak English.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.