Angel012110

February 2015 AOS Filers

792 posts in this topic

We got our potential interview letter yesterday too. Dated June 11. Guess it was a mass mailing lol. So now we COULD possibly still have an interview before the 6 months it mentions in the letter? And what happens at or after 6 months if no interview happens?? Automatic permanent resident card? If so, does it just arrive in the mail? Lordy this process is so confusing. Should I be happy or sad about this letter?

Edited by soydeel

Noa1: Feb 12, 2014ARN: Feb 19, 2014Noa2: July 15, 2014NVC: July 22, 2014Left NVC: July 29, 2014CONSULATE: July 31, 2014PACKET 4: Aug 25, 2014INTERVIEW: Sept 18, 2014 APPROVED!!!!!!!US ENTRY: Oct 10,2014MARRIAGE: Nov 7,2014

AOS: Feb filersSent AOS packet via FedEx : Feb 13, 2015FedEx confirmed delivery: Feb 17, 2015Texts & Emails confirming receipt: Feb 20, 2015Check cashed: Feb 20, 2015NOA 1:received Feb 26, 2015 dated Feb 19, 2015Biometrics letter received: Feb 27, 2015Biometrics appt: Mar 12, 2015EAD Approved: Apr 24, 2015

AP Approved: Apr 24, 2015

Combo Card to Be Mailed:Combo Card Received: early MayInterview : waiver letter received :clock:Sept 15: APPROVED status online changed to "On September 15, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice." Welcome Letter received:Sept 21,2015!!!!!!

Green Card received: Sept 2015

ROC received in Vermont: Sept 1, 2017

ROC/Biometrics checks cashed: Sept 6, 2017

NOA1 received : 

Regarding AP...For the record we traveled to my husband's birth country so he could see his children after 8 months and when we returned to the US via JFK immigration was smooth process thank GOD. I had copies of everything JUST IN CASE but no questions were asked they just took us to the room which we knew would happen from previous visa journey members mentioning, to verify his AP card status, I assume. So happy to know we aren't unable to go see his family back there from time to time at least. But the best thing that day was when we walked into our house and he said ahhhhh so good to be home. ?

Noa1: Feb 12, 2014ARN: Feb 19, 2014Noa2: July 15, 2014NVC: July 22, 2014Left NVC: July 29, 2014CONSULATE: July 31, 2014PACKET 4: Aug 25, 2014INTERVIEW: Sept 18, 2014 APPROVED!!!!!!!US ENTRY: Oct 10,2014MARRIAGE: Nov 7,2014

AOS: Feb filersSent AOS packet via FedEx : Feb 13, 2015FedEx confirmed delivery: Feb 17, 2015Texts & Emails confirming receipt: Feb 20, 2015Check cashed: Feb 20, 2015NOA 1:received Feb 26, 2015 dated Feb 19, 2015Biometrics letter received: Feb 27, 2015Biometrics appt: Mar 12, 2015EAD Approved: Apr 24, 2015

Combo Card to Be Mailed:Combo Card Received: early MayInterview : waiver letter received :clock:Sept 15: APPROVED status online changed to "On September 15, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice." Welcome Letter received:Sept 21,2015!!!!!!

NOA1 received : 

We got our potential interview letter yesterday too. Dated June 11. Guess it was a mass mailing lol. So now we COULD possibly still have an interview before the 6 months it mentions in the letter? And what happens at or after 6 months if no interview happens?? Automatic permanent resident card? If so, does it just arrive in the mail? Lordy this process is so confusing. Should I be happy or sad about this letter?

I'm assuming there could only be two things:

1) Possible interview notification

2) Email and letter update that AOS is approved without interview. So yes, we will receive the green card in the mail.

The uncertainty is on WHEN it will happen because it's not a guarantee that we'll have updates in 6 months as some VJers have shared in other threads.. But there were also cases whereby AOS was approved prior the 6th month waiting so there is hope!

that's just crazy. So it could go OVER the six months and what?? More waiting while it's escalated? Unbelievable. I'm going to try to find the threads you mention for that so I can hear up for this. Wow. Just wow. Smh. And our online status still reads fingerprint fee received since Feb. No update about the letter we just received. So what if the interview letter never makes it to us...we can't even check online . Omg. Stressful.

NOA1 received : 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

that's just crazy. So it could go OVER the six months and what?? More waiting while it's escalated? Unbelievable. I'm going to try to find the threads you mention for that so I can hear up for this. Wow. Just wow. Smh. And our online status still reads fingerprint fee received since Feb. No update about the letter we just received. So what if the interview letter never makes it to us...we can't even check online . Omg. Stressful.

Sorry if you already answered this question...but what was your i-485 status prior to getting interview waiver? Also, do they update the status online?

02/06/2015.................forms i130, i485, i765, i131 mailed via FedEx
02/09/2015.................forms delivered
02/11/2015.................NOA1 for all forms
02/18/2015.................received I-797 mail with 13th feb as priority date
02/28/2015.................bio apt received for 03/05
03/05/2015.................got done with Biometrics
03/10/2015.................I-485 status updated to Ready for Interview Schedule
04/14/2015.................I-765 card being produced but no update to I-131

04/23/2015.................Got my EAD/AP combo in mail

06/19/2015.................Got the interview notice in mail. Interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2015.................Went for the interview. Didn't get approved right away but got the text and email later on in the day regarding updates to my case status, welcome notice being mailed and AOS approved

08/16/2015...............Email alert that Card was mailed to me it was Sunday evening.

08/18/2015...............I received my green card in mail exactly 4 weeks from the approval date

Here are the threads.. let's read it so we are informed but let's not let it wear us out. At this point, the best thing to realize is waiting is no longer as painful now that we are together with our husbands/wives :) with approved EAD/AP! :-)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/452854-notice-of-potential-interview-waiver-case/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541331-notice-of-potential-interview-waiver-case-part-ii/

Sorry if you already answered this question...but what was your i-485 status prior to getting interview waiver? Also, do they update the status online?

As for me, it still says "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". I think they will not update it online

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

As per my previous post few days ago I made a calculated guess of getting an interview notice in mid of June for mid of July interview date. I got the notice in mail today for July 20th interview it was sent on June 15th. I have been following few cases on trackitt forum that matches my background ( country of Origin -India, Visa Status- H-1b, Local processing office - Chicago,IL). I saw a pattern in almost all of them. They all got the interview notice around 4 months after NOA1 and the interview date of around 5 month mark. I would recommend you all to follow the cases on trackitt that matches your background.

Also the notice date is June 15th but my status online is still ready to schedule for an interview and ofcourse no email or text alert as of yet. I guess it takes time to get it updated online and get alerts via email & text

Good Luck everyone!

02/06/2015.................forms i130, i485, i765, i131 mailed via FedEx
02/09/2015.................forms delivered
02/11/2015.................NOA1 for all forms
02/18/2015.................received I-797 mail with 13th feb as priority date
02/28/2015.................bio apt received for 03/05
03/05/2015.................got done with Biometrics
03/10/2015.................I-485 status updated to Ready for Interview Schedule
04/14/2015.................I-765 card being produced but no update to I-131

04/23/2015.................Got my EAD/AP combo in mail

06/19/2015.................Got the interview notice in mail. Interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2015.................Went for the interview. Didn't get approved right away but got the text and email later on in the day regarding updates to my case status, welcome notice being mailed and AOS approved

08/16/2015...............Email alert that Card was mailed to me it was Sunday evening.

08/18/2015...............I received my green card in mail exactly 4 weeks from the approval date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, should i start to worry now that I still havent received a potential interview waiver??? Filed in February too and online status says "as of march 17 2015, your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview blah lah". Though i already have my EAD. really hoping for an update soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just received my potential interview waiver too, also dated June 11th. I'm disappointed that it's taken since February 4th to hear anything - my status on their website still says 'fingerprint fee received'.

Hopefully it won't take as long as I've read on some forums here... :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything about a waiver yet. But it is nice to have an idea about what's going on with your application. As for processing times, I'm hoping it's shorter but I'm not going to stress about it too much yet. If we have to renew our EAD, AP and get a new medical, then I'll be greatly annoyed.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in NYC too and stuck on Fingerprint fee received.

I've traveled multiple times on my AP since I got it. On my last entry the office asked me if I scheduled my interview. On his computer he said that as of April it said ready to schedule interview. Yet on website I access and when calling national office they give me the standard answer.

Weird

I'm moving to NJ before the end of summer and was hoping not to have to change my address to the Newark field office since I work NYC and it's easier to get to an interview during the day.

Filed: Timeline

Okay, so has this happened to anyone before?

I filed on February 17 and as of April 3rd my case status was ready to be schedule for an interview. SO today it changed saying "As of June 28, 2015, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

The same thing just different date. Anyone know why?

Filed: Timeline

I just checked my status on my advance parole and it says request for initial evidence. I filed it separate from i485.

I thought we weren't supposed to submit evidence on the reason we are asking for AP when submitting the i485 receipt.

Did any of you submit evidence, or where asked to?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I just checked my status on my advance parole and it says request for initial evidence. I filed it separate from i485.

I thought we weren't supposed to submit evidence on the reason we are asking for AP when submitting the i485 receipt.

Did any of you submit evidence, or where asked to?

Scroll down to "general requirements...then Initial evidence"

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-131instr.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.