-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

Forget to post that my visa was delivered smoothly on Tuesday. The courier didn't ask me for any I.D or anything though, just my name.

Now it's the waiting to game to finish work and fly out!

I received my case number on August 12th. My case status is still "at NVC" ...how long does it usually take to ship out to the embassy?

3 days? 7 days? 12 days?

Everybody is different. Click on timelines in this thread and it will tell you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Well mine took about 5 days if you exclude the weekend. Mind you, the case as far as I was able to tell was there roughly in about 3 days of travel/air time, it just took some time for them to actually log it into the embassy. Everyone will be different though. There's no set thing.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Well the fun for us just keeps on giving. We were concerned that we had not received an interview date. We emailed London Embassy and they emailed back to us with the following...

Embassy records show that on July 19 the Immigrant Visa Unit sent you a letter notifying you that they are ready to begin processing your application. To date, there is no record of you completing and submitting the forms. Information on the steps you are required to take is available from our website at http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/fiance_instructions.html.

What!?!? We have replied with the following...

Thank you for the response to our inquiry. I did not receive a letter from London on July 19, the letter that I have was dated on July 9 and was received in the post on July 10. On July 9 I completed the DS-160 online form, scheduled my medical at Knightsbridge for July 31 and submitted the readiness form. I have confirmed with NVC that the DS-160 was approved and available as of July 15 and the medical results were available to the London embassy on August 10. Since you have indicated that you have no confirmation of the readiness form being submitted should I submit the readiness form again.

So, has anyone ever had London say that you have not submitted the readiness form when you have? I am going to wait for their response before we submit again but I was wondering. Thanks!!

Sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight :) Collected the passport and packet today. The packet is huuge!! it doesn't fit into the large handbag

Congratulations and wishing you a smooth flight and smooth POE!

As for the K1 visa package, the envelope is way bigger than the documents inside it. I just folded it down at the top and on one side to make it more A4/ US document size. I always take a small trolley case as carry on, and put it in the zipped compartment on the inside of the top lid. Whatever you do, keep it with you at all times and never let it out of your sight. You can lose all your luggage, but as long as you have that package and your passport you'll still get into the USA :thumbs:

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

So, has anyone ever had London say that you have not submitted the readiness form when you have? I am going to wait for their response before we submit again but I was wondering. Thanks!!

I seem to recall that you should get an on screen confirmation immediately after you press submit button to submit your readiness form. I did a screen print, saved it to my computer and also printed it out for my records in case something similar to the above happened to me (luckily it didn't).

Can you remember if you got the on screen readiness form successfully submitted notification?

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

I seem to recall that you should get an on screen confirmation immediately after you press submit button to submit your readiness form. I did a screen print, saved it to my computer and also printed it out for my records in case something similar to the above happened to me (luckily it didn't).

Can you remember if you got the on screen readiness form successfully submitted notification?

I was not sure if I had so we went ahead and responded. I checked this morning and found that I did save a printout and it has the date on it in the corner. The emails says to not send multiple responses so I will have it ready if needed based on their response.

Thanks for your reply.

Ok! My CEAC says "In Transit" :joy:

However, what does this mean: "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Consular section? Interview date?

Ok! My CEAC says "In Transit" :joy:

However, what does this mean: "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

Consular section?

Consular section? Left NVC. On the way to London.

Interview date? True for CR1 spouse visa. Not true for K1. The consulate (embassy) will provide your interview after you have jumped through a few hoops.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Consular section? Left NVC. On the way to London.

Interview date? True for CR1 spouse visa. Not true for K1. The consulate (embassy) will provide your interview after you have jumped through a few hoops.

Great! Thanks, Nich...as always! :D

Update on London not receiving readiness form: we did not hear back on Friday so called NVC to check once again what they could see. Very nice fella (was the 3rd person I spoke too) suggested to fill out the form again. We did that and forwarded the information in our email correspondence with the embassy. Fingers crossed we get an interview date soon.

Just a thought...I had saved images of filling out the readiness form and the acceptance after reading someone else's post. I am now very thankful I did.

Take care everyone!!!

Update on London not receiving readiness form: we did not hear back on Friday so called NVC to check once again what they could see. Very nice fella (was the 3rd person I spoke too) suggested to fill out the form again. We did that and forwarded the information in our email correspondence with the embassy. Fingers crossed we get an interview date soon.

Just a thought...I had saved images of filling out the readiness form and the acceptance after reading someone else's post. I am now very thankful I did.

Take care everyone!!!

I printed the confirmation page out for these very reasons. Hoping it doesn't come to the point where I'll need to use it but, you never know. Sorry to hear you've been given the run around on this.

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

First time posting in a progress thread here. We are currently just past the medical (which had some bumps -stressful-). Luckily all was well in the end, and they were able to mail the results to the embassy on 21 AUG, and we were given an interview date of 16 SEP yesterday. We can now relax for about 3 weeks before the ride gets exciting again. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.