Goodness

TSC JULY 2014 FILERS - NOA2 APPROVALS

1,002 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Information needed when you call NVC:

*You can't use the self-help feature to see if your case number has been assigned. The K-1 is a hybrid/Immigrant visa, depending who is handling it, and only Non-Immigrant visas can use this phone feature.*

1. Dial 1-603-334-0700

2. If you get a message saying "Due to the high call volume", just hang up. It will disconnect you in a few minutes anyway.

3. Keep calling back until you hear a different message. Ignore the message as long as it isn't "Due to high call volume"

4. Press 2

5. At this point you should be in the queue - you can have a significant wait time here (both times I got someone it was after 45 minute waits). There is no callback feature like there was for USCIS.

6. When you get the agent, you may be able to tell right off the bat if they have your case. Once they ask you your USCIS case number "SRCxxxxxxxxxx" they may ask you one of two things..

a. Did you receive an approval letter? What is the notice date of that letter? (This tends to mean they don't have your case yet, they will tell you to give them 35 days. There is no point arguing it since they really don't have the case yet)

b. They will ask you to verify details - this seems to mean that they have your case and most likely have a case number assigned!

7. The information they will want:

a. Petitioner name (beneficiary cannot call) and they will ask if you are the applicant

b. Beneficiary's name

c. Beneficiary's birthdate

d. Petitioner's email address, possibly also phone number and address. They will ask you if the beneficiary would like an email address on file.

e. Possibly the beneficiaries passport number - have it in case

8. At this point they will tell you when they received your case and then you can ask if a case number was assigned.

9. They may give you only the case number - if they do also ask if they can provide you with the invoice number. The invoice number can/will be used when your fiance must make their visa payment. It's a good number to have on file.

10. Your case number will begin with three letters - this identifies the embassy it is going to. In our case it was LND = London. If you are unsure, ask the agent where it is going and ask them to explain the letter code.

Notes:

Your mileage may vary by agent that you get. They were quite helpful. My first experience was so-so, the second agent who gave me my case number was very pleasant and it was a great experience. They actually seemed happy to help... nothing like the calls to USCIS!

Reports have been that the best time to call NVC is later at night - after 8:00pm EST. The worst time is lunchtime - 11:00am - 1:00pm EST and even early mornings seem bad for a lot of people. Don't be discouraged - I had to call 25 times before I got a message other than high call volume the first time I called. They are open from 7:00am - 12:00am EST. Please note if you are calling during these winter/bad storm hours they may close early or be closed due to weather. NVC is not always prompt in putting up a "closed due to weather" message.

So you got a case number - Great! Now...

This is where you want to start tracking - CEAC Status - https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

(Make sure you choose Immigrant Visa) Our government sees the K-1 as a hybrid, but the embassies consider it Immigrant.

Until your case is completed on the embassy level and your fiance's visa has been approved, you will need to watch this space. Your USCIS tracking days are over for now until you begin the AOS process.

Some guides say you can call DOS (Department of State) to check for your case number, but as far as I know you cannot get information out of DOS until after your case has reached the embassy.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!!! Great info to have!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're welcome! If there's any changes to that I will need to make a new one, as I can no longer edit it :cry:

CEAC Statuses (Pre-Visa issuance/interview)

1. At NVC - Pretty self-explanatory.. the case is still at NVC awaiting shipment to your fiance's consulate/embassy.

2. In Transit - Again, straightforward. This means it is on it's way to the scheduled consulate/embassy.

3. Ready - This means the case has arrived at the consulate/embassy and is now awaiting your fiance's next steps - medical results, DS-160, visa payment, interview, etc..

Once the status has switched to Ready your fiance should be expecting Packet 3 - for some embassies this can be received through their consular website, for others they have to wait. This will vary as well, depending on consulate. Packet 3 is typically a set of instructions from the embassy or consulate that tells your fiance what their next steps are and what documents will be required for their interview. Many people have reported not receiving this packet until after their process was done - if at all. Check the embassy's website for a digital version of this.

For many of you, you can probably begin your processes before the case reaches the embassy. Verify with your fiance's specific consulate before proceeding, but many can have their medical exams completed and DS-160 completed ahead of time but not submitted.

DS-160

https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

As mentioned above, check with your embassy's specific instructions prior to filling this out.

The good thing about the DS-160 is that you can actually begin the application ahead of time and save it to submit later. This way you and your fiance can be prepared way in advance as this application (for the visa!) requires a lot of information. If you need to fill it out for your fiance, this is acceptable per DOS, however your fiance MUST be the one to digitally sign off and submit it. Once you have completed the application - if it is prior to the embassy receiving your case, choose the option to save for later and do not submit. You can load this application when it is needed later on and submit it.

#3 Actually that means they received it electronically, once you status change to "in transit" you going to notice that on the same day or next it will switch to "ready". It will have to dates like this:

Case Creation Date: 21-Jan-2015

Status Updated Date: 04-Feb-2015

Once the status update change again it means they got it physically. Then the consulate will contact the beneficiary (idk if other consulates are the same).

You also can try track its way to the consulate on DHL website. I've been follow one shipment and I hope it works :)

Edited by samlog

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Timeline

Did you receive NOA2 hard copy?

Yes I got it in the mail yesterday! But sill no update that my case has been sent to NVC.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

NVC:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

By this weekend, it will be 4th week since our case sent to NVC.....anyone know why it takes so long?

Our approval(NOA 2) was 12/18, sent to NVC on 1/7. We called NVC, they said they received our case on 1/14.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Taipei, Taiwan

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-16

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-11-13

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-11-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-12-18

Sent to NVC : 2015-01-07

Re-Sent to NVC : 2015-03-20

NVC Received : 2015-04-10

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-04-10

NVC Left : 2015-04-14

Consulate Received : 2015-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2015-04-20

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2015-05-12

Interview Result : Approved

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

CEAC status changed to ISSUED: 2015-05-18 (Taiwan time)

Visa Received : 2015-05-21

US Entry : 2015-05-30

Marriage : 2015-07-02

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 247 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

#3 Actually that means they received it electronically, once you status change to "in transit" you going to notice that on the same day or next it will switch to "ready". It will have to dates like this:

Case Creation Date: 21-Jan-2015

Status Updated Date: 04-Feb-2015

Once the status update change again it means they got it physically. Then the consulate will contact the beneficiary (idk if other consulates are the same).

You also can try track its way to the consulate on DHL website. I've been follow one shipment and I hope it works :)

I've been seeing all sorts of posts about how the DHL number is issued and how you can track you package this way; however, I did extensive searches with the method and found packages shipping to various consulates but they don't seem to coordinate with K-1 cases. For instance, everything I was seeing going to Dublin was originating from Boston. Also, I was told by NVC that our case will go regular mail. Does anyone know if there is a difference depending on your consulate and or visa type.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Timeline

I've been seeing all sorts of posts about how the DHL number is issued and how you can track you package this way; however, I did extensive searches with the method and found packages shipping to various consulates but they don't seem to coordinate with K-1 cases. For instance, everything I was seeing going to Dublin was originating from Boston. Also, I was told by NVC that our case will go regular mail. Does anyone know if there is a difference depending on your consulate and or visa type.

Me too, I read a lot of stuff about it. But I'm going for coincidence my case changed on FEB 04 and there was a DHL pick up on the same date. I have no clue if it will work or not, but I'm following it anyway if I receive news from consulate by the end of this week or next means probably it worked, I can see something was delivered in Rio today.

K1

__

AOS

Timeline

Did you receive NOA2 hard copy?

Have you heard anything about your case being sent to NVC? I have no updates on my case. If I don't hear anything I will call NVC on Friday that is 8 working days since NOA-2.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

NVC:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

Me too, I read a lot of stuff about it. But I'm going for coincidence my case changed on FEB 04 and there was a DHL pick up on the same date. I have no clue if it will work or not, but I'm following it anyway if I receive news from consulate by the end of this week or next means probably it worked, I can see something was delivered in Rio today.

Yes, let us know. I've been following along behind you so I always keep a check on how things move along for you. 22nd - 4th is almost two weeks to ship your file :-( - I was really hoping for a week. You're nearly there now!

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Timeline

I should have said too that DHL seems to be 2 day delivery to Ireland. Whereas the irish k1 files seem to be about a week from leaving NVC to arriving at embassy.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Timeline

Yes, let us know. I've been following along behind you so I always keep a check on how things move along for you. 22nd - 4th is almost two weeks to ship your file :-( - I was really hoping for a week. You're nearly there now!

I was hoping for a week too, actually I was hoping i would know my interview date until the end of January, I was following some Brazilians who got NOA2 on December and they case moved relatively faster than mine. I guess due to the bad weather we had to face some delays.

I just saw that DHL delivered at consulate! hooray, anxious to see if this track really works for k1 and of course my interview date! :)

K1

__

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Have you heard anything about your case being sent to NVC? I have no updates on my case. If I don't hear anything I will call NVC on Friday that is 8 working days since NOA-2.

I haven't seen an update yet. Called NVC last night but couldn't get through. No worries. We are almost there ☺

Timeline

I haven't seen an update yet. Called NVC last night but couldn't get through. No worries. We are almost there ☺

Ok...I will try to call them after work today to see if I can talk to someone. I will let you know.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

NVC:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

I finally got through to the NVC after 52 calls....I was on hold for 35 mins and my call was cut off!!! What the heck??? I guess tomorrow will be a better day to call. haha

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

NVC:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I finally got through to the NVC after 52 calls....I was on hold for 35 mins and my call was cut off!!! What the heck??? I guess tomorrow will be a better day to call. haha

OMG!! What a coincident. I made 51 calls in 41 minutes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.