NellyandNicky

January 2015 AOS fillings

134 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Still waiting for EAD/ap approval, or any change in my case for that matter, since the biometrics...

Has anyone here filed before Jan 26 and still waiting?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting for EAD/ap approval, or any change in my case for that matter, since the biometrics...

Has anyone here filed before Jan 26 and still waiting?

your application is more than 90 days, you should have called the USCIS on day # 75 to follow up for your EAD/AP.

Also would you kindly post your timeline on your signature below for easy review and comparison of your case with others? thanks and good luck....

AOS Timeline / Family-based

Feb 24, 2015 (day 0) - Sent Forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
Feb 26, 2015 (day 2) - Package delivered and received.
Mar 03, 2015 (day 7) - Text / email messages from USCIS, receiving Forms I-130, I-485,
I-131 and I-765.
USD 420 and 1,070 Checks were cashed.
Mar 08, 2015 (day 12) - Paper receipts of I-797C for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 from mail.

Mar 13, 2015 (day 17) - Mail notice received for Biometrics appointment on March 25, 2015.

Mar 25, 2015 (day 29) - Completed Biometrics, as scheduled.

May 12, 2015 (day 75) - AP/EAD approved and Card has been ordered.

May 27, 2015 (day 90) - AP/EAD Card received in the mailbox.

June 3, 2015 (day 97) - Received NPIW letter in the mailbox.

Sept 24, 2015 (day 212) - I-130/I-485 approved. No Interview.

Sept 28, 2015 (day 216) - GC mailed.

Sept 30, 2015 (day 218) - GC received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

So. I just checked my status online again and now it says my card has been delivered. I tracked the USPS number they provided and it says it was dropped in my mailbox yesterday. But I didn't get it??? Nothing. Nada. Well... other mail but where the heck is my card? :(

EDIT: Nevermind!!! It got delivered to the wrong apartment number (though the right number is on the envelope !? ) anddd I am now a proud owner of a employment authorization card. :wub:

Now, I already have a SSN but it's in my old name. Does anyone know if I can change my name on the SSN with this card (and proceed to get a new ID etc) or do I have to wait for the permanent resident card?

Edited by julisi
Day 00 - 01/22/15 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
Day 04 - 01/26/15 - Package received (USPS)
Day 08 - 01/30/15 - Acceptance Confirmation texts and emails
Day 20 - 02/11/15 - Receipt hard copies arrived(I-797c)
Day 26 - 02/17/15 - Receipt Biometrics Appt
Day 32 - 02/23/15 - Biometrics Appt
Day 43 - 03/06/15 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)
Day 61 - 03/25/15 - EAD and AP approved
Day 70 - 04/03/15 - EAD Card received
Day 110 - 05/12/15 - AOS Interview - Approved!

Timeline

So. I just checked my status online again and now it says my card has been delivered. I tracked the USPS number they provided and it says it was dropped in my mailbox yesterday. But I didn't get it??? Nothing. Nada. Well... other mail but where the heck is my card? :(

EDIT: Nevermind!!! It got delivered to the wrong apartment number (though the right number is on the envelope !? ) anddd I am now a proud owner of a employment authorization card. :wub:

Now, I already have a SSN but it's in my old name. Does anyone know if I can change my name on the SSN with this card (and proceed to get a new ID etc) or do I have to wait for the permanent resident card?

You keep the same SSNfor life, even if your name changes.

Timeline

So I finally got my EAD approved today, after 70 days.

However, no change in my i485, such as "case ready for interview".

Is anyone else here in this situation?

I know that the Miami office is slow, but not sure if that affects the "ready" status, maybe just a delay in the interview date...

Timeline

You keep the same SSNfor life, even if your name changes.

I know I'll keep the same number, but I need to change my last name (and address) in order to match it with my work permit, and well, my new legal name.

Can I do that with the EAD?

Also, same situation here. Got the EAD but I485 is still on 'ready to be scheduled for interview'.

Edited by julisi

Timeline

I know I'll keep the same number, but I need to change my last name (and address) in order to match it with my work permit, and well, my new legal name.

Can I do that with the EAD?

Also, same situation here. Got the EAD but I485 is still on 'ready to be scheduled for interview'.

Yes, actually my wife wants to change her name and they said that she needs to go get a new SSN card to make it "official". She is born in the US, but I am assuming that it's the same for everyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, actually my wife wants to change her name and they said that she needs to go get a new SSN card to make it "official". She is born in the US, but I am assuming that it's the same for everyone.

But again, to repeat what others have said, getting a new card is not the same as getting a new SS number.

You never get a new SS number, you are stuck with one number for life.

You can get a new card with restrictions removed, name changes, etc.; but same number.

Also, it is very short sighted for females to change their last name, take their husband's last name, etc.

A nightmare to be faced later when they do any legal business back in their home country, get jobs when school transcripts in another name; and then repeat the process all over again after divorce, remarriage, etc.

Name changes by females upon marriage is an anachronism that is no longer useful or needed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Timeline

But again, to repeat what others have said, getting a new card is not the same as getting a new SS number.

You never get a new SS number, you are stuck with one number for life.

You can get a new card with restrictions removed, name changes, etc.; but same number.

Also, it is very short sighted for females to change their last name, take their husband's last name, etc.

A nightmare to be faced later when they do any legal business back in their home country, get jobs when school transcripts in another name; and then repeat the process all over again after divorce, remarriage, etc.

Name changes by females upon marriage is an anachronism that is no longer useful or needed.

I convinced my wife to postpone it, because she is involved with an international inheritance, and all her documents regarding that, not to mention her passport are under her maiden name and she needs no complications.

But hey, they want to change their names to show everyone that they're off the market.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My application is sent on 30 Jan, received on Feb 3rd, did Biometric on March 3rd, status changed to ready for schedule interview on Mar 10.

I haven't receive any notification about EAD/AP yet, it's still showing case received on the system.

When I should contact the USCIS about that? also would it make any delays if I call them or setup an appointment?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview today in Indianapolis, IN and visa has been APPROVED! Card to be mailed in 3-6 weeks. What a relief...

Met Canadian husband online, July 2001!

Met for the first time in person in US, November 2001

Engaged May 2002

Married August 2003 in Canada

Lived in Canada until July 2007

Husband was granted a TN-1 at the Detroit border, July 2007, renewable yearly.

Lived in Fort Wayne, IN on TN-1 since then

Sent full packet including medical 16 January 2015

Received at Chicago lock box 20 January 2015

Both checks cleared 23 January 2015

NOA1 for forms received 30 January 2015

All at the National Benefits Center (NBC)

I-765

Biometrics notice sent 13 February 2015

Biometrics appointment 6 March 2015

Approved and card mailed 6 April 2015

Card received 11 April 2015

I-485

Biometrics request I-797 came in for I-485, 6 February 2015

Biometrics appointment in Indianapolis, IN 18 February 2015

Email received giving date of interview for I-485, 9 March 2015

Interview scheduled for 7 April 2015

APPROVED and green card received, 14 April 2015

I-131

Approval for Advanced Parole received 30 March 2015

Timeline

Interview today in Indianapolis, IN and visa has been APPROVED! Card to be mailed in 3-6 weeks. What a relief...

Congrats!!! You're the first out of this thread I think. How does it feel?

Update: Went to the SS Office today and was able to change name and address with EAD, no problems.

Also, thanks for the input on my name change. Yet, it was my choice and I made that decision based on not being related to my maiden name, nor could anyone ever pronounce it or spell it (home country included). No anachronism, simply my choice to rid myself of a meaningless word and replace it with one that means the world to me.

Cheers. :ot2:

Edited by julisi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

The USCIS started to work again on my case on March 30th, after they got the RFE (we only sent a letter explaining why we don't need to file a tax return). This morning (April 9th), I received two texts, one to say they ordered to produce my EAD and that it would soon be mailed to my address, and a letter for my traveling permit should be on the way.

I'm guessing it will still be a couple weeks before I get the card on the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.