Man2389

I 751 Waiver Interview is coming up in two weeks.

46 posts in this topic

Hey ginsepricipella,

When did you file your waiver and when did you receive the interview letter?

Hey Mananto ,

I filed my i751 waiver back in October of 2013.

Received my Bio appointment on November 2013.

2 RFEs in 2014.

and Interview letter in February 2015.

Interview is on March 31st 2015.

My case is taking extremely long, but my lawyer says its normal.

Just hoping everything goes well on the interview.

I already submitted EVERYTHING i had .

Joint Bank Accounts

Joint 2010,2011,2012 Tax Returns

Bills

pictures

Affidavits

I am taking everything already submitted and a few more affidavits to the interview.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wow...that is a long time even for a waiver. You got two RFEs? What months? I have never heard that before. How did this happen that they sent you a second one. What kind of a waiver is it?

Hey Mananto ,

I filed my i751 waiver back in October of 2013.

Received my Bio appointment on November 2013.

2 RFEs in 2014.

and Interview letter in February 2015.

Interview is on March 31st 2015.

My case is taking extremely long, but my lawyer says its normal.

Just hoping everything goes well on the interview.

I already submitted EVERYTHING i had .

Joint Bank Accounts

Joint 2010,2011,2012 Tax Returns

Bills

pictures

Affidavits

I am taking everything already submitted and a few more affidavits to the interview.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi @all. It's been pass 4 months and i have not heard anything from the USCIS. Not sure what is taking too long for them to make decision. Should i wait more or get in touch with USCIS and get an update regarding my case. I am kind of worried now since all the waivers get approved within in month or so.

Thanks for any inputs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Call USCIS and get past the frontline call-screeners to speak with someone who can actually see your progress.

If that doesn't yield answers, set an InfoPass appointment and don't leave until you have a definitive answer (insist on speaking with the Supervisor, if necessary).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thanks for your instant response. I will make an info pass appointment of will have my lawyer submit an inquiry. Despite that has anyone else encountered something like this where no decision were made for four months. Is that the normal process time or something USCIS is lacking due to load of work.

Thanks for your instant response. I will make an info pass appointment of will have my lawyer submit an inquiry. Despite that has anyone else encountered something like this where no decision were made for four months. Is that the normal process time or something USCIS is lacking due to load of work.

Infopass is the way to go. As tbonetx said, don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor. It looks like your lawyer is not doing a good job. Sometimes they forget about the case, keep following up with them. You can also contact your Congressman.

Edited by DC85

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I just received the response from USCIS after submitting the inquiry request. USCIS states that i should receive their decision within the next 30 days. I don't know if it is normal or what is going to happen. Is there anyone faced similar issue which i am encountering.

Thanks you all for support and advice.

Timeline

I just received the response from USCIS after submitting the inquiry request. USCIS states that i should receive their decision within the next 30 days. I don't know if it is normal or what is going to happen. Is there anyone faced similar issue which i am encountering.

Thanks you all for support and advice.

Hang in there. You will be approved. He probably just forgot about you file or was having extra review. When did you submit your service request and when did you hear back? Did you get a response via email or mail?

Timeline

Thanks @Mananto.

My lawyer submitted the request on the 25th and received the response from USCIS supervisor on the 29th of May. It was via Email.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

You could file N-400, that would eventually force them to adjudicate your I-751. The only risk is that in the unlikely event they deny your I-751, your N-400 would also be denied so you'd be out of the filing fee. Otherwise, it would not make your case any worse than it already is. I'm sorry you are going through this, you did not do anything wrong!

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

@ Vandaveer: Thanks for your concern. Yes I've filled my N400 application already. I have gone through the Biometrics process as well. Just wait game from now on i am assuming. Just hoping for the best.

Timeline

Hi All,

I just received denial letter from USCIS. Any further steps you can suggest pls do so.

Reason for deny:

1 Not much photos

2 Spouse had a kid with another guy while married to me.

All inputs are appreciated.

Please consult an immigration lawyer, this forum is not ideal for you anymore. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hi All,

I just received denial letter from USCIS. Any further steps you can suggest pls do so.

Reason for deny:

1 Not much photos

2 Spouse had a kid with another guy while married to me.

All inputs are appreciated.

So sorry to hear that. Please do as Nancy Nguyen advises. Seek and experienced lawyer ASAP.

• 1 year later...

I just had my appointment this morning. And since I spent the entire previous night perusing blogs and forums to hear about people's stories. I thought today, I would tell you about mine. 

THE BRIEF: 

Met my boyfriend in 2009. We moved in together in 2010 (his apartment - not a lease with both our names)

We moved in to a different place, both our names on the lease, summer 2012.

We got married in Nov 2012.

We got divorced in October 2015 (filed for it in May 2015, but had already been living separately for almost a year).

We are still friends. 

We just fell out of love. (hectic schedules - film & restaurant industry, money problems, etc...) 

THE CASE:

We filed to remove the condition on my permanent residency jointly. But by then our divorce had been pronounced so I filed for the waiver. I had to send some additional paperwork. I got a letter in the mail saying it wasn't enough. So I submitted more (but not much more). And got a letter asking me to come for an interview to discuss the removal of the conditions on my permanent residency. i-751 case.

THE INTERVIEW: 

The notice asked me to bring EVERYTHING we had already submitted and more. I brought so many documents with me!!! HOWEVER, the USCIS Officer did not take ANY of them at the end of the interview. She said "I have enough". (I'm hoping it's a good sign, and I convinced her enough during the interview that she doesn't need the evidence to support it.... but maybe it went bad, and she knows she's denying me so she also doesn't need the evidence. I do not know).

So the interview. OH MY GOD. So long! So intense! So personal! Get ready people! It lasted over an hour. She went into detail about our entire relationship. When we met. How we met. How long we dated before getting married. How long were we happy for while married. Why did we divorce? What did we try to do to fix things? Did we do couple's therapy? We talked about sex. Intimacy. His family. My family. We talked about children. If we wanted children. When. Etc. Money was also a subject. How we handled money in the couple. If someone was paying more than the other, and how the other one felt about that, etc.... I literally felt like I came out of an entire day of therapy. 

The USCIS officer was a lovely woman. Very friendly. Polite. She seemed understanding. VERY thorough. But always pleasant... I even got her to say "men are so dumb" (sorry guys, but we all know that's a fact!). 

Like I said, at the end, I told her I had all these documents for her, but she simply said "I have enough" -- I wanted her to take all of it! I had so many letters written by friends and colleagues, talking about our relationship. I feel like maybe I didn't give her all the information. She could have gotten a better sense of our relationship with the whole folder! Anyway. She said I will receive her decision in the mail within 2 weeks. Which seems quick? Thoughts?? 

Basically. It's like going into therapy. So get ready. 

I have NO idea if it went well or poorly. Like I said. It seemed like a conversation with a therapist. Sometimes I said the right things, sometimes I definitely said the wrong things. But all in all. I was honest. And it was really just a conversation.

I'll update in 2 weeks to let you know if I got approve or not! 

Good luck to y'all! It's intense! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.