Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2015

1,133 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Got a checklist for Marriage Certificate not issued by correct Authority. It appears they were looking for a document that was not in english.

Bummer.

Supervisor will review our checklist within 42 days.

double bummer.

~ Sofi

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Got a checklist for Marriage Certificate not issued by correct Authority. It appears they were looking for a document that was not in english.

Bummer.

double bummer.

~ Sofi

Dang, I am sorry to hear that, we also had to send in a new marriage certificate or Nikkah Nama which was a color copied large paper with stamps. We got a second checklist this week for an i864.

Inshallah the interview will not take that long

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband does not earn enough as he is a student. His income is way below poverty line as per the 2013 irs transcript. We have a joint sponsor whose income is enough to sponsor me. Both my husband and our joint sponsor filled the I864 form. My husband was not able to provide any evidence of income as there is none. He sometimes works as a cab driver mostly on weekends during semester breaks.

Is there any need to submit evidence of income for my husband if I have a joint sponsor with enough income? I submitted all the evidences for my joint sponsor.

Timeline

My husband does not earn enough as he is a student. His income is way below poverty line as per the 2013 irs transcript. We have a joint sponsor whose income is enough to sponsor me. Both my husband and our joint sponsor filled the I864 form. My husband was not able to provide any evidence of income as there is none. He sometimes works as a cab driver mostly on weekends during semester breaks.

Is there any need to submit evidence of income for my husband if I have a joint sponsor with enough income? I submitted all the evidences for my joint sponsor.

you need your husband's evidence of income if you also combined his income along with your joint sponsor's income to arrive at the total income in form I-864. If your total income in form I-864 comes only from Joint sponsor, then you don't need to furnish your husband's evidence of income

Timeline

you need your husband's evidence of income if you also combined his income along with your joint sponsor's income to arrive at the total income in form I-864. If your total income in form I-864 comes only from Joint sponsor, then you don't need to furnish your husband's evidence of income

I did not combine my husband's income with the income of joint sponsor. My husband and joint sponsor filed two separate I864 forms. My joint sponsor's income is way above the poverty line for total 4 household members including me. That wouldn't be a problem, right?

Thank you so much for the response. I was fearing that it could be a checklist. Feeling relieved. :)

Edited by ritbiv

Timeline

Bummer.

double bummer.

~ Sofi

sorry to hear that u got a checklist...Don't worry...You will soon get your case complete and visa. Did you call to find out about the checklist or did u receive an email for checklist ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Bummer.

double bummer.

~ Sofi

Did you recieve the checklist by email?or by phone?

NVC stage:

Scan date 24 nov

checklist for birth certificate:13.2.2015

expedite request: 1.3.2015

cc: 5.3.2015

interview date:11.4.2015

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I called this morning. I'm on the NVC website right now. It says the Urdu version is necessary for 'consular processing'. Ugghhh how did i miss this? I thought since the English version is an official copy that it was fine. but apparently not. I don't know what the supervisor will say after he/she sees the file.

The checklist email should be coming soon, i guess.

~ Sofi

Dang, I am sorry to hear that, we also had to send in a new marriage certificate or Nikkah Nama which was a color copied large paper with stamps. We got a second checklist this week for an i864.

Inshallah the interview will not take that long

sorry to hear that u got a checklist...Don't worry...You will soon get your case complete and visa. Did you call to find out about the checklist or did u receive an email for checklist ?

Did you recieve the checklist by email?or by phone?

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

AP = Administrative Processing

Basically, if you don't have everything they want, they put you into AP until they receive all the required documents. It's not the end of the world (like a straight out denial can be), but it does put on a few weeks at the minimum.

Thanks Saylin!

I also made a copy of the letter you posted on your Wiki for my wife do sign and date that says she promises to re-establish domicile in the USA no later than the date of my admission as a US permanent resident. Thanks again for helping out here.

ncglenn

hi guys is it normal? no cc no checklist yet . since my last checklist scan date nov19 .66 days already.. i have been calling them 2-3 times since last 8-9 days

all rep says the same thing . its being reviewed u may hear something soon. im tired of this s**t

I wait 68 days for be get a checklist...

Timeline

Joint sponsor filed I864 and his wife filed I864A. They file taxes jointly as married. For proof of relationship is the IRS transcript containing their name with Married filing jointly status enough?

Or I need to provide other evidence to prove the relationship?

Edited by ritbiv

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Is there anything at all that happens immediately and effectively at NVC? I was able to complete my DS-261 today, and big surprise, still can't pay the AOS fee. It seems like I remember official instructions saying this should be immediate, but I'm guessing a few days' wait is normal.

Also, curiously, for the IV fee, I have a "Pay Now" button, while for the AOS fee it just says N/A. Clicking the Pay Now button only takes me back to the log in page, which I'm assuming is because it's not invoiced. But nonetheless I thought it was strange that I have the button for the second fee and not the first. Has anyone else had the same?

09/24/14 Marriage

USCIS

10/23/14 Mailed I-130 from Spain

11/05/14 NOA 1, routed to CSC

12/04/14 NOA 2

NVC

12/17/14 Case received

01/22/15 Case number assigned

01/23/15 DS-261 completed

01/26/15 AOS bill invoiced and paid

02/09/15 Mailed both packages from Spain

02/17/15 Scan date AOS & IV packages

02/17/15 IV bill invoiced

02/18/15 IV bill paid

02/20/15 DS-260 completed

03/24/15 Case Complete

04/16/15 P4 email

Madrid Embassy

05/26/15 Medical

05/28/15 Interview- Approved

07/29/15 POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Joint sponsor filed I864 and his wife filed I864A. They file taxes jointly as married. For proof of relationship is the IRS transcript containing their name with Married filing jointly status enough?

Or I need to provide other evidence to prove the relationship?

- their proof of US status (birth cert or US pass)

- their marriage certificate

Check this link http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Edited by Frips

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Is there anything at all that happens immediately and effectively at NVC? I was able to complete my DS-261 today, and big surprise, still can't pay the AOS fee. It seems like I remember official instructions saying this should be immediate, but I'm guessing a few days' wait is normal.

Also, curiously, for the IV fee, I have a "Pay Now" button, while for the AOS fee it just says N/A. Clicking the Pay Now button only takes me back to the log in page, which I'm assuming is because it's not invoiced. But nonetheless I thought it was strange that I have the button for the second fee and not the first. Has anyone else had the same?

AOS fee will be invoiced in day or two. After Ds261 is reviewed IV fee will be invoiced ( aprox 30 days)

For paying use this link https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.