1,449 posts in this topic

Angel 66 USCIS can issue an RFE anytime before adjudicating. I just saw two cases of mental abused approved without psychological evaluation.I hope they approve yours without asking for psychological evaluation.When did you submit your case? Usually the service submit RFE regarding abuse and or bonafide marriage when they get the case to adjudicate,it may take 3/4 months.

My case was submitted in Oct 2014. Jan they asked for further info, which was police check or good moral character and divorce docs from 1st marriage.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, been browsing about VAWA and I saw some negative results of it. (denial)

In my case, it was just an 8 days of marriage when the assault happened. I have police report, restraining order and letter from the shelter house where I stayed, pictures and other evidence. Due to the short length of our marriage, we did not get to a point where we have any joint property, bank accounts..etc. and also he was not able to adjust my status. So, I am petitioning myself to get a 2year conditional GC, care of Catholic Charities (an agency who helps battered spouse for immigration process). I just submitted the packets 2nd week of January.. Now, my question is.. do you think I have a high chance of getting approved? Anyone on here can give an idea? How long did you wait? Did you submit self petition form alone or you filed it with other forms i.e I765,I-485 (greencard and work permit) ?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Vawa works this way, first Vermont receives the VAWA ,once the alien did not submit police clearance Vermont issues the first RFE, then USCIS will not touch the case until adjudication,then if the officer is not satisfied with the proof submitted he/she can issue another RFE asking proof of abuse and/or bonafide marriage.We had just two cases that they issued an RFE as soon they received the VAWA case asking proof of bonafide marriage, but never issued the prima facie.

Ok well I got the Prima Facie back in January, so just have to keep my fingers crossed. I am thinking of not using my attorney anymore. Is there a procedure I need to follow to discharge her from my case?

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi everybody. I am a silent Visa Journey member since last year. I dont come here as often as before any more due to my workload, but thanks to this thread that I know a great person in my life, Sandra, who helped me everything with my VAWA case. She spent early mornings and late nights to help my case without charging me a single cent. I had a lawyer but the one who prepared all the document for me is Sandra. My lawyer just helped me to submit what she prepared.AND IT WAS APPROVED YESTERDAY after 5 month 4 days without any REF. I just want to share this with you guys so that whoever has not received any good news from Vermont yet just believe in God, your turn will come soon. So Just hang in here.

And Ms. Sandra, again thank you so so much for all the helps from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what happened to my case without your help . I always believe in you when I felt stuck at somewhere in my case. Thanks God for leading me to this forum to know you.

I know I just went through halfway of this journey and the other half is still difficult to go. But at least now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as some member here said about her case.

Edited by moveon

Timeline

Greenteadcokie if USCIS approves your VAWA then you will receive the 10-year green card!.The length of the marriage does not matter,you just need to prove that you had a bonafide marriage and you suffered abuse.I had one case approved and the guy was married for just 6 (six) days. I suggest that you file AOS just when your VAWA is approved.

Filed: Timeline

Greenteadcokie if USCIS approves your VAWA then you will receive the 10-year green card!.The length of the marriage does not matter,you just need to prove that you had a bonafide marriage and you suffered abuse.I had one case approved and the guy was married for just 6 (six) days. I suggest that you file AOS just when your VAWA is approved.

NICE PHOTO SANDRA .... SO YOU ARE NOT JUST SMART ?!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

My husband and his lawyer accepted a deal from the district attorney, and he will plead guilty/no contest to the Felony False Imprisonment charge and the other charges will be read in. He has to follow through with a mandatory domestic violence program. My question is : Should I sent this to the VAWA unit or not? I had submitted my VAWA application beginning of December and so far I have not gotten any RFE. Is it adviced to add this information to the case or only if they ask? I am also filing for divorce and an extension of the restraining order. Should I inform the VAWA unit about this as well? Can I change my name to my maiden name before the divorce is final? Or how does this work? I do not really want to carry my husbands name any longer than I have to...

Edited by Tink88_

Timeline

TINK88 Do not submit any document without receiving an RFE If they need more proof regarding abuse they will ask and then you submit what you have now.To change your name you have two options, a) ask in Court to change your name,2)or request a name change at the time of your divorce proceedings

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.