1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
So glad that I ended up grabing things that i thought i wouldn't need back then. I ended up with way more than i thought and thankfully had more than enough proof! I wish everyone in this Journey the best. Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a pending aos through my ucw and we already went for our interview but no decision yet since march this year. All these time things has not been going well and i always thought she might change for good but it's been so persistent that i can't take it anymore.we have a joint account but she never deposited a dime in it while my pay checks goes it and she takes care of the bills with my money and her personal expenses. She will make sure she come up with something that will need in the house as soon i get paid until all the money is gone while she saves her own money. I feel financially abused and if i try to complain she threatens me with deportation and call me ungrateful and so on. I wanns file vawa as i can't live being extorted for the rest of my life. Here is my question,i have a work permit now but i want to know if i can apply for another one with vawa concurrently because if she withdraw the pending aos my work permit will become invalid and i will lose my job. So can i still apply for work permit with the vawa even though she never withdraws it. I just dont wanna get caught up losing my job just because of work permit being terminated suddenly. Looking forward to an advice.thanks

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

What you described here is not grounds for Vawa, financial abuse goes beyond your wife spending your paycheck. Financial abuse is considered in extreme cases. I handled over 6.000 VAWAS cases and just had two cases based in financial abuse,despite many of them said they were financially abused. It seems you have an unpleasant marriage,and it seems she is using you,but I do not see here abuse. There is a huge difference between being used and abused.

If you choose extreme cruelty ground you should attend therapy and have a psychological evaluation done, and if you can prove bona-fide marriage and you are diagnosed with major depression or post traumatic disorder due the abuse suffered then you have a VAWA case.

To evaluate your case better you should see an attorney, but considering what you posted here I do not see a VAWA case. Good luck.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So can i chose extreme cruelty and go for therapy like you said because this makes ne depressed all the time and can't even concentrate.

Timeline

Look abuse is a pattern of threats, humiliation,degradation,control, intimidation etc,it's not just one single pattern,there are a lot more involved. Reading your post I see you have an unhealthy relationship.I read that your wife spend your money and you are fed up, but these things are completely different of being abused. A person abused cannot funcion properly,he/she become a mere shadow of her/his old self.

An abused person becomes extremely depressed,cannot sleep well,have flashbacks of the abuse,become hiper vigilant etc,if you have a diagnose of major depression due the abuse suffered you may have a VAWA case, but you have to prove bona-fide marriage as well.

Filed: Timeline

Sandranj, I have been following this thread for a quite a while but could have posted only once or twice. I do not have an attorney, I approached one who was too busy and could not review my papers. As at now I have submitted Forms I485, I765, I131, I864, I360 with all required attachments minus personal statement, police clearances which I had already applied for. I indicated that they would be submitted shortly. I desperately need help. Can I pm you.

Timeline

Good victory you can send me a private message You forgot to submit form G325A.The medical exam l693 you can submit later on. Whitout your affidavit your case is basically incomplete, expect to receive a request of evidence.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sandra I just got my i797 and need to understand something on it can you help my please? It shows the priority date of my petition from 2013. What does that mean? Also it states that I will be notified when a decision is made on my pending aos not that I will be schedule for a interview for it. Does that mean I wont have a aos interview?

Timeline

Geoheaven is you husband a green card holder? then you have a priority date.They will schedule the interview.

no Sandra my ex is a usc. But we had filed a i130/i485 in august 2013.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I have the same. It says on 797 priorty date October 2014. That is when when we filed 130 and I485. My ex is USC also. What happened to your previous I485? Was it denied?

Filed: Timeline

Sandranj,

Thanks. I also sent form G325 which I forgot to mention earlier. They were very quick with receipts which I received within days, together with a biometrics request. I did walk-in and within another week or so received ead which I really need to work.I have received local and federal reports that I intend to submit with my personal report. They have sent me NOA(no time limit?) requesting the same to enable them proceed. As I write my report I get such anxiety attacks, feel so depressed, cry and cannot even function properly, I just want to jump out of my skin and all the pain. I will pm you.

Timeline

I have the same. It says on 797 priorty date October 2014. That is when when we filed 130 and I485. My ex is USC also. What happened to your previous I485? Was it denied?

no it was pending.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.