1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on my situation... This is only my second post on this forum, but I've had a very long VAWA journey....
I sent my I-360 and I-485 two years and a half ago: priority date May 3, 2013. Long story short (see timeline below): due to an error at the VSC my case got stuck there for waaaay too long, and it took my lawyer quite some effort to get it moving, anyway....

On September 9th, the USCIS website got updated for the first time since May 2013. It said they transferred it to another office for processing. My lawyer got a notice saying it was transferred to Missouri (NBC). Three days later, so on September 12th, all of a sudden the website says my case was received at the LOCAL OFFICE (NY).
My lawyer doesn't even know what to think of this, it seems very unlikely that a case is transferred that quickly, but he is inclined to believe the website.

What do you guys think? Missouri or New York?
And if it would be in NY (I hope so, I'm starting to become so desperate!), do you guys have any idea when I can expect my interview? Appearantly they send out the interview notices fairly quickly after receiving the file right?

(My case is the longest my lawyer ever had, I'm on my third EAD card! I swear I'm going to frame them after all of this is over....)

Thanks a lot!!

- Paperwork for Green Card received by USCIS: May 3, 2013
- Interview date: 24 March 2016: approved! (after 3 long years!)

- N-400 sent out: December 26, 2018
- NOA1/priority date: December 31st, 2018
- Biometrics: January 30th, 2019

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on my situation... This is only my second post on this forum, but I've had a very long VAWA journey....

I sent my I-360 and I-485 two years and a half ago: priority date May 3, 2013. Long story short (see timeline below): due to an error at the VSC my case got stuck there for waaaay too long, and it took my lawyer quite some effort to get it moving, anyway....

On September 9th, the USCIS website got updated for the first time since May 2013. It said they transferred it to another office for processing. My lawyer got a notice saying it was transferred to Missouri (NBC). Three days later, so on September 12th, all of a sudden the website says my case was received at the LOCAL OFFICE (NY).

My lawyer doesn't even know what to think of this, it seems very unlikely that a case is transferred that quickly, but he is inclined to believe the website.

What do you guys think? Missouri or New York?

And if it would be in NY (I hope so, I'm starting to become so desperate!), do you guys have any idea when I can expect my interview? Appearantly they send out the interview notices fairly quickly after receiving the file right?

(My case is the longest my lawyer ever had, I'm on my third EAD card! I swear I'm going to frame them after all of this is over....)

Thanks a lot!!

I am not familiar but I would think they are pushing and working yours thru as they have had it for so long! Hugs and good luck

*Forever&Always*​​

You want the cases out of the NBC and at your local office as soon as possible, so that's a good thing.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am preparing documents for I485 package after I360 approval. I want to send I912 fee waiver form but have two questions :

1. I am not employed currently and haven't been working since 2008 because I didn't have any work authorization. I don't get any public benefits neither. Should I choose financial hardship in I912 and explain that I can't pay fees because I don't have any income and can't work because I don't have work authorization?

2. When I send prevoius I485 based on I130, I had a joint sponsor. Then my I485 was denied because I filed I360. Is he still my joint sponsor even after I485 was denied, or his sponsorship is denied too? And can Uscis deny my I912 for new I485 because I had joint sponsor for prevoius I485 that is denied now??

Thank you for any responses!

Hello everyone,

I am preparing documents for I485 package after I360 approval. I want to send I912 fee waiver form but have two questions :

1. I am not employed currently and haven't been working since 2008 because I didn't have any work authorization. I don't get any public benefits neither. Should I choose financial hardship in I912 and explain that I can't pay fees because I don't have any income and can't work because I don't have work authorization?

2. When I send prevoius I485 based on I130, I had a joint sponsor. Then my I485 was denied because I filed I360. Is he still my joint sponsor even after I485 was denied, or his sponsorship is denied too? And can Uscis deny my I912 for new I485 because I had joint sponsor for prevoius I485 that is denied now??

Thank you for any responses!

Shazzka, when you file for VAWA it means that you will be self-petitioning. The fact you have no work is good enough reason to send I912. You have to say why you cannot pay the fee and give a breakdown of your outgoings.

Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My ead was mailed to my abusive spouse's address today. I updated my address in uscis and usps and starting to recieved their letters last august . But base on usps tracking it was delivered to my abousive spouse's address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Finally received my interview letter in mail. Online case status still shows that the case was transferred to another USCIS office (NBC).

Thank you for your replies! Do you know if I did medical exam (I693) in July 2014. Is it still valid?

Mine was also done in July 2014 and our case was approved August 2015 so not really sure how it works

The medical is valid for one year from the date you submitted it to USCIS.

For example, if you submitted it on 1st April 2015 then it will remain valid until 1st April 2016. After that, you would be RFE'd for a new one.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ members and Sandra, hope you all are doing great today. Please i have questions. On march 2015 i submitted my forms (i 360,i 765&i 485) and i received an approval notice for i 360 on AUG 2015. First of Sept 2015 i checked my online status for i 485 and it said it was transferred to another new jurisdiction, today when i checked, it showed it was received by my local office. But i haven't hear anything about my work authorization (i 765). please folks is it a normal process or is it something as i should worry about and do e request. i just need to start working to pay off my accumulated home rents and other bills. Thank you in advance as i wait for your response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.