7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, My husband and I applied for Adjustment Of Status last Oct. 2, 2014 together with the application for Employment Authorization Documents and Advance Parole. I'm done with my bio-metrics and last Dec. 15 my AP was approved. but my EAD still pending.

If you will check my timeline, it says there "EAD may be adjudicated between December 15, 2014 and December 19, 2014". I contacted USCIS Hotline and they just gave me a reference number and advice me to wait 15 days for the response. I didn't expect it will take that long. I am planning to visit the Philippines this 3rd week of January because my father is sick. and i think i will not get it on time. :crying::crying::crying:

If you have the same experience please comment... We will highly appreciate it... Thank you in advance... :):):)

Most people's EAD and AP are approved at the same time, and they receive a combo EAD/AP card. Either your EAD was approved but there was an error in the online case status (this happens quite often) and you will receive the combo card very soon, OR there is some issue with your EAD application and they went ahead and approved the AP application on its own.

The AP is for traveling, the EAD is for working. Once you receive the AP you can travel, you don't need to worry about the EAD. You should have no issues visiting the Philippines in January with just the AP.

Moving to "AOS from family-based visas" forum.

You have AP, you can travel, what's the issue

Because like what Lainie said, i am expecting that i will get just 1 card for both AP and EAD. So i am thinking that even my AP is already approved i will still not get the card since my EAD is still on pending status.

i am hoping that Lainie is correct about my EAD was approved already but there was an error in the online case status and I will receive the combo card very soon.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

WE Adjusted a few weeks before your case and still have no EAD or Greencard, they are totally behind right now. We've contacted them a few times to get the same response, basically "due to circumstances not related to your case, we are behind..."

Thank you all for replying to my post... i just contacted USCIS Hotline to check on the status of my inquiry and while we are talking on the phone, i received an email from USCIS that my EAD was approved at the same time as my AP. Lainie B. was right!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

The email says:
The status of your service request is:

Your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, was approved on December 15, 2014. Your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and approval notice will be mailed to the address on file. . Your Employment Authorization/Advanced Parole combination card will be mailed to the address on file. If you do not receive the card within 30 days from the date of this notice, please contact customer service at the number below for additional assistance.

Thank you again... Godbless!!! :) :) :)

Edited by pinksummer17

WE Adjusted a few weeks before your case and still have no EAD or Greencard, they are totally behind right now. We've contacted them a few times to get the same response, basically "due to circumstances not related to your case, we are behind..."

Thanks for sharing. I believe we will get our EAD and greencard soon. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.