Guam PHL

K1 Interview Questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I are curious just like everybody else is and yes, my fiance both know that a legitimate relationship and honesty is the key to getting a K1 visa approved and we have nothing to hide for we have more than enough evidence to prove we have a legitimate relationship with true intentions of getting married but, I have some questions below that I would like to ask out of curiosity:

Q 3. How many questions (on the average) are asked during the interview and what are the questions asked in general (it's understandable that not every applicant is asked the same questions but I would like to know anyway)?

Hey look at my fiancés embassy review. Although every embassy is different it will give you a brief idea of what questions they asked him.

February 14th 2015 - Wedding Day 

AOS Timeline

Apr 13th 2015 - Sent AOS package (Day 1)

Apr 17th 2015 - AOS email confirmation (Day 5)
Apr 17th 2015 - AOS email confirmation (Day 5)

May 2nd 2015 - Biometrics letter received (Day 20)

May 14th 2015 - Biometrics appointment (Day 32)
Jul 11th 2015 -
EAD/AP was in production (Day 90)

Jul 29th 2015 - EAD/AP was being mailed (Day 108)
Jul 31st 2015 - EAD/AP was received (Day 110)

Sep 25th 2015 - Green Card APPROVED!!! (Day 166)

Sep 28th 2015 - Green Card welcome letter received (Day 169)
Oct 1st 2015 - Green Card Received (Day 172)

*No RFE's*

I-751 Timeline

Aug 12th 2017 - Sent I-751 package (Day 1)

Aug 14th 2017 - I-751 Package delivered to USCIS (Day 3)

Aug 17th 2017 - USCIS cashed check (Day 5)

Aug 19th 2017 - NOA letter received (Day 7) 

Sep 11th 2017 - Biometrics letter received (Day 30)

Sep 22nd 2017 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 42)

Mar 5th 2018 - Case was received at my local office (Day 206)

Nov 28th 2018 - Request for initial evidence was mailed to me (Day 473)

Dec 17th 2018 - Evidence was received by USCIS (Day 492)

Naturalization Timeline

Dec 17th 2018 - Sent N-400 package online (Day 1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey look at my fiancés embassy review. Although every embassy is different it will give you a brief idea of what questions they asked him.

Do you have a link to your fiances interview? I'm interested in reading that as well just to get a general idea.

Dec. 04, 2014 - Form I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox Facility.

Dec. 05, 2014 - Form I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox Facility @ 1100h.
Dec. 09, 2014 - Money Order presented for payment by USCIS.

Dec. 09, 2014 - NOA1 date as stated in hardcopy received on Dec. 15, 2014.

Dec. 15, 2014 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in the mail! California Service Center, baby! :dance:

Dec. 30, 2014 - NOA2 eNotification sent to me while visiting my honey!

Jan. 05, 2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy received while visiting the honey <3 Mom didn't check the mail for a few days so we're thinking it did actually show up on the 5th or so.

Jan. 14, 2015 - NVC received.

Jan. 16, 2015 - Case #, IIN assigned.

Jan. 21, 2015 - NVC says IN TRANSIT TO AMSTERDAM! :goofy:

Jan. 26, 2015 - Arrived at U.S. Consulate in Amsterdam!
Jan. 30, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Mar. 11, 2015 - Medical
Mar. 19, 2015 - INTERVIEW! - APPROVED!!!!!!!!
May 11, 2015 - POE Philidelphia
Jul. 3, 2015 - MARRRRRIEDDDDDDDD <3<3<3<3

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I are curious just like everybody else is and yes, my fiance both know that a legitimate relationship and honesty is the key to getting a K1 visa approved and we have nothing to hide for we have more than enough evidence to prove we have a legitimate relationship with true intentions of getting married but, I have some questions below that I would like to ask out of curiosity:

Q 3. How many questions (on the average) are asked during the interview and what are the questions asked in general (it's understandable that not every applicant is asked the same questions but I would like to know anyway)?

Norm stuff. How did ya meet? Where does your fiance work? Where does he live? What are you wedding plans? Easy questions for a couple that know each other. Average interview lasts 3-5 minutes.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Please fill out your profile and timeline. Each embassy is different so without knowing where the beneficiary is from, the answers given might not be true for you. Or just go to your fiancé's embassy in the embassy info section at the top of the page. Or you could check out the regional forum for the beneficiary's country.

For example, my fiancé's interview is most likely going to be a breeze, 5-10 minutes of questions because he's from a low fraud country. Other people from countries that are known for more fraud or have mor cultural differences can have much more challenging interviews.

You can expect the questions to be along the lines of how you met, what you each do for jobs, a lot of basic information to prove you know eachother well. The rest of the interview content will depend on what embassy it's at.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please fill out your profile and timeline. Each embassy is different so without knowing where the beneficiary is from, the answers given might not be true for you. Or just go to your fiancé's embassy in the embassy info section at the top of the page. Or you could check out the regional forum for the beneficiary's country.

For example, my fiancé's interview is most likely going to be a breeze, 5-10 minutes of questions because he's from a low fraud country. Other people from countries that are known for more fraud or have mor cultural differences can have much more challenging interviews.

You can expect the questions to be along the lines of how you met, what you each do for jobs, a lot of basic information to prove you know eachother well. The rest of the interview content will depend on what embassy it's at.

I see thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is posted in the Philippines forum, sort of obvious what embassy. ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Two Post removed for not being specific to this Embassy. - Please remember as much as you want to help sometimes it can cause a bit of confusion. What can be very basic in one country can be completely off for another.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The CO only asked me 4 basic questions; petitioner's name, his address, his job and where did we meet. While other CO's did ask many questions to other applicants such as the previous divorce of their fiances, kids, wedding plans etc.

Guam PHL, on 20 Dec 2014 - 4:28 PM, said:Guam PHL, on 20 Dec 2014 - 4:28 PM, said:

My fiancé and I are curious just like everybody else is and yes, my fiancé and I both know what a legitimate relationship is. Honesty is the key to getting a K1 visa approved and we have nothing to hide for we have more than enough evidence to prove we have a legitimate relationship with true intentions of getting married but, I have some questions below that I would like to ask out of curiosity:

Some example questions would be:

What is the name of your fiancé/e?

Where did you meet?

When did you meet?

How did you meet?

When are you planning to get married?

What is your fiancé/es work?

Have you gone out of the country?

How long were you out of the country?

How many times has your fiancé/e visited you?

Where did you go when your fiancé/e visited you?

Do you plan to have kids?

Where do you plan on staying in the US?

These are some of the questions but rest assure that all the questions will be about the petitioner, the beneficiary, and the relationship. Always tell the truth even if the truth is "I don't know". Don't rush in answering and give a straightforward answer. Look the CO in the eye when answering and smile. Don't give a novel as your answer. Just brief and concise. Don't volunteer any information unless asked, otherwise this could send you down the wrong road.

Don't forget to ask if you passed.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.