browneyesblue

Case arrived at NVC on November 25th

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

They have stated to me the two times that I called that the time to the number being assigned is 42 days from the date that they received the case.

They will know the day they received it. Then add 42.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Anyone receive a case number for cases received at NVC for November 25th as yet? I spoke with NVC and they are still saying 42 days. they are closed on Thursday and Friday. This is so annoying.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got there November 18. As you see in my signature, it took one day less than a month to get a case number. It seems to be taking 28-32 days based on other people's cases. I would guess 32-36 days with the holidays on at the moment.

It sucks that nothing moves on holidays, but as someone who spends so much time away from my wife, I understand the desire of the workers to spend the holidays with their family.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Hope the case #'s are assigned for you all quickly!! I'm a bit behind with NVC receiving Dec 12th. Still calling every few days with a small amount of hope :)

Good luck!

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, now the magic number is '42'. I will wait 30 days and then call every two days.

I am guessing that 42 is the

best guesstimate. So, from 30-42 I will be vigilante as there is much work to be done.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Wales
Timeline

How long did it take between USCIS approval and NVC receipt?

If I'm tracking correctly:

Add 42 days for case # to be assigned.

Add another x days before ds-261 and AOS fee available

Add another x days for IV fee available

Add another 60 days after scan of AOS and IV documents and all fees paid assuming no Checklist.

This feels like NVC will be another 4-5 months before case complete and scheduling of interview.

Is this correct?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long did it take between USCIS approval and NVC receipt?

If I'm tracking correctly:

Add 42 days for case # to be assigned.

Add another x days before ds-261 and AOS fee available

Add another x days for IV fee available

Add another 60 days after scan of AOS and IV documents and all fees paid assuming no Checklist.

This feels like NVC will be another 4-5 months before case complete and scheduling of interview.

Is this correct?

Yes! :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm grateful to have USCIS behind me, but I was so hoping NVC would be quicker. Ha - joke's on me. Guess I'll keep up the wishful thinking and keep my rose-tinted glasses on. :-)

I am very grateful for the people who worked Christmas Eve and gave me the NOA2! Didn't do much to curb my impatience though.

We can do this!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Good Morning,

I called NVC this morning at 7.05am. Was on hold for 40 minutes but they had my case number. They told me that i will not be able to sign on because they were working on my case today, so try a little later this afternoon. I thought that i would be elated, but somehow, i feel numb. the waiting has been so long and now the next steps of submitting and paying documents and fees leads down another 60 or more days of waiting. My case arrived at NVC on November 25th. So that is the date they are working on today. Also my case was the first case today.

the bright side is that the process is moving, so thank God for small mercies.Now waiting to choose an agent and pay fees.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.