decocker

The uncomfortable racial preferences revealed by online dating

79 posts in this topic

I met my beloved Mr U online and I'll admit, I had never considered dating an Asian man before he sent me a message. I was an idiot who thought Asian guys wouldn't dig on a sorta brown-mostly white chick, which is pretty closed-minded. More than being a half-Korean dude, Mr U is a Southerner, which I've found more inscrutable than anything else.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

white men have the highest response rate from women across the board, except from black women. that's what i find odd.

perhaps janelle can address that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I met my beloved Mr U online and I'll admit, I had never considered dating an Asian man before he sent me a message. I was an idiot who thought Asian guys wouldn't dig on a sorta brown-mostly white chick, which is pretty closed-minded. More than being a half-Korean dude, Mr U is a Southerner, which I've found more inscrutable than anything else.

seriously, i don't even know any asian men. i mean there is an asian family across the street, but they won't even wave hello in passing. i just assume they hate white people.

no, i find it odd so many females go for white men.

black women staying away from white men makes sense to me.

:devil:

What's interesting though is that Black men have the largest percentage

for rejecting Black women.

Marvin got some splaining to do.

white men have the highest response rate from women across the board, except from black women. that's what i find odd.

seriously, i don't even know any asian men. i mean there is an asian family across the street, but they won't even wave hello in passing. i just assume they hate white people.

no, i find it odd so many females go for white men.

black women staying away from white men makes sense to me.

:devil:

Since Janelle is out and I'm in, I can answer these questions.

1. The reasons black women are shunned by most communities has to do with the way most of them are portrayed in real life and in TV. Generally, most folks see them as these hot ghetto messes that can't speak english, loud, aggressive, and 5 kids by 6 men. The angry black women stereotype comes to mind. There was an article a few years back about the white who went on a dating site and made specific mention to how you could be any other race on the planet, just as long as you weren't a black woman. The men that do date black women from different races have varying degrees of success. Some women complain that the family members aren't too kind or there's an undercurrent of racial tension due to comments like "you're cute for a black woman or I've always wanted to date a black girl", like they're a different kind of species or something.

For the black guy side, dating a white woman is viewed as a social status change. A white woman is viewed as the pinnacle of beauty. I've seen this when I was in Japan and all the commercials for beauty products in the airport were white women. In the modeling world, it's pretty much a golden, unspoken but well known rule that if the prettiest black girl vs a regular white girl are competing for a spot, the white girl wins. A black woman has to be flawless in order to be even considered. It's the sad byproduct of self hate. We're taught to hate ourselves and each other. This is why I think so many rappers call women all types of horrible names. Even that douche bag R Kelly made it a point to only sexually assault black teenagers. He knew if he treated a white girl like that he'd have trouble.

http://thegrio.com/2013/10/01/no-black-girls-women-halle-berry-austin-romeo-rose-racist-dating/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/living/models-runway-race/

2. Women of all countries view white men the same way their men view white women. The only place I didn't see this was Germany. They loved black men there. White men are the archetype for success, white picket fences, good jobs, great father figures. Hell, a black man posted a picture of him with his daughters and was roasted. Black men are deadbeat fathers who are good for nothing drug dealers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2535899/Sweet-picture-father-taking-care-daughters-sparks-vicious-racist-response-branding-deadbeat-probably-sells-drugs.html

If you have any more questions, let me know:)

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Since Janelle is out and I'm in, I can answer these questions.

1. The reasons black women are shunned by most communities has to do with the way most of them are portrayed in real life and in TV. Generally, most folks see them as these hot ghetto messes that can't speak english, loud, aggressive, and 5 kids by 6 men. The angry black women stereotype comes to mind. There was an article a few years back about the white who went on a dating site and made specific mention to how you could be any other race on the planet, just as long as you weren't a black woman. The men that do date black women from different races have varying degrees of success. Some women complain that the family members aren't too kind or there's an undercurrent of racial tension due to comments like "you're cute for a black woman or I've always wanted to date a black girl", like they're a different kind of species or something.

For the black guy side, dating a white woman is viewed as a social status change. A white woman is viewed as the pinnacle of beauty. I've seen this when I was in Japan and all the commercials for beauty products in the airport were white women. In the modeling world, it's pretty much a golden, unspoken but well known rule that if the prettiest black girl vs a regular white girl are competing for a spot, the white girl wins. A black woman has to be flawless in order to be even considered. It's the sad byproduct of self hate. We're taught to hate ourselves and each other. This is why I think so many rappers call women all types of horrible names. Even that douche bag R Kelly made it a point to only sexually assault black teenagers. He knew if he treated a white girl like that he'd have trouble.

http://thegrio.com/2013/10/01/no-black-girls-women-halle-berry-austin-romeo-rose-racist-dating/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/living/models-runway-race/

2. Women of all countries view white men the same way their men view white women. The only place I didn't see this was Germany. They loved black men there. White men are the archetype for success, white picket fences, good jobs, great father figures. Hell, a black man posted a picture of him with his daughters and was roasted. Black men are deadbeat fathers who are good for nothing drug dealers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2535899/Sweet-picture-father-taking-care-daughters-sparks-vicious-racist-response-branding-deadbeat-probably-sells-drugs.html

If you have any more questions, let me know:)

hmm. i was of the notion that black men stayed away from black women because generally speaking, men don't like to be put in their place. the assumption that a black woman would be more intimidating than a white woman, because of the whole lack of novelty/restraint.

and i guess i'm jaded when it comes to point two, white is no guarantee - that's for sure.

Small penises.

that hasn't been my experience, all luck of the draw spooks. (F)

hmm. i was of the notion that black men stayed away from black women because generally speaking, men don't like to be put in their place. the assumption that a black woman would be more intimidating than a white woman, because of the whole lack of novelty/restraint.

and i guess i'm jaded when it comes to point two, white is no guarantee - that's for sure.

that hasn't been my experience, all luck of the draw spooks. (F)

Spooky got the short end of the stick so to speak.